Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

On 3/4/2019, 6:08:49, deeperry613 said:

OOOO - I am looking for the three Dark Shadows kits (Collinwood Great Hall, Old House entry and front parlor and the Collins Mausoleum).  The Opening Scene Replica kits were made by Vernon Bowdish in Flowery Branch, GA ....

I didn't know there were these replica kits - I watched some of the Dark Shadows when I was a babysitter, many moons ago!  Good luck with the search, and keep us updated with your progress, please!

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Island-Shack said:

Found this beauty in a thrift shop today.....RGT Alison Jr. in excellent condition for $30. It's huge compared to all my houses, but the price made me do it!

Alison.jpg

Now that's a great find! I have a partial kit that came with my "collection" i recently purchased. Looks like it was well done.

• 1 month later...

I just bought this unfinished scratch-built 1:12 scale house. It has some really cool features and some weird mistakes. It looks like the builder had some decent woodworking skills. The most perplexing thing is the shingles are tucked whole between the walls at the dormers rather than being angle-cut to fit around the dormer. So if I want to change the roof (and I do), first I have to pry them out of there and then there will be a gap to fill.

BBDC0B94-BC4D-490A-BBFB-878B0A139C82.jpeg

A8E17F9A-BCA9-4C8E-BBCE-221ACA03008E.jpeg

0DA66021-899E-4EEB-B7CE-4A31534C99B7.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Lita,

I'm sorry to say, but the house is from a kit by  Duracraft .....I'm pretty sure it is the Linfield. It looks nicely assembled (except those shingles)  and in great condition. It is a blank slate for you to create whatever you want. Congratulations~~~~~~

• Like 1

@Mid-life madness we just came to the conclusion that it is a kit! I just tore the stairs off to see what kind of glue was used so I know what my options are. 

Thanks for identifying it for me! That was going to be my next question. This is going to work great for my project.

I found this adorable little cottage at a garage sale yesterday. Fully furnished landscaped and electrified for a steal of a deal. The interior decorating is adorable but not my style so it will change, but I’m just going to enjoy it for a while and work on it when I have a solid plan. 

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=137905&browse=1

• 3 weeks later...

I got this John McColgan beauty on eBay this week. It’s a beast! Took 3 of us to get it into the van... poor thing needs a lot of work. It seems to be constructed of clay bricks on wooden walls but every time it is touched, some bricks fall off. I will need to buy/make some in both red and white, as well as the clay roof tiles. I have no experience of this kind of work, so will take it very slowly....

D633B3FA-9760-4C17-9E1D-77B3BB8846B8.jpeg

• Like 1

Gah! Clay bricks...  At least yours are falling off.  On one of my rehabs I encountered them on a chimney, which fell off from the weight.  They wouldn't come off, but they broke off just below the surface.  It was the only part of the original build the builder didn't use hot glue, so when I took it apart I could have used the pieces as a pattern to make a new chimney and "brick" it with sandpaper, only there was no fireplace inside and I really liked the house without a chimney.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a DuraCraft Pioneer Log Cabin off Marketplace yesterday. Nice lady, told her I have a few others I've built and I left. Down the road she text and said she has another dollhouse in the garage, so I turned around and went back. It's a Greenleaf Harrison that their mother had built. She passed away 7 yrs ago and they gave it to me for free on one condition, that I send them photos once it's fixed up. It came with a little mini-tudor dollhouse inside of it, which is so adorable, and well made. Wondering if she made it herself, or if anyone has seen one before by any chance? Just curious if she made it. I almost didn't buy that log house, but something told me to just go get it. I am so glad I did!!! I should also mention that I just got another Harrison which was rescued out of the attic of a vacant house to be demolished. Its a bare wood partially assembled missing parts Harrison, but it has the original windows still and the staircases. My mind is kinda spinning.

Harrison Front.jpg

Harrison.jpg

Harrison Mini2.jpg

Harrison Mini.jpg

• Like 1

The little Tudor is, I think, the 1:48 Sugarplum that comes in this village kit:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse-kits/greenleaf-village-kit.html  Sounds to me like you need to bash those two Harrisons together...

The hubs had me bid on some items in a local auction and today we went to pick up what we won.  I now have an "Asian style dollhouse" that he bid on for me:

344_resize.JPG

and a little gazebo I bid on for the doll & chair:

449_resize.JPG

Then we went to one of our favorite thrift stores where I found three books:  How to Build Miniature Furniture & Room Settings by Judy Beals, Dollhouse Decor; Creating Soft Furnishings in 1/12 Scale by Nick and Esther Forder and Dolls' House Details; Over 500 Craft Projects in 1/12 Scale by Kath Dalmeny

Edited by havanaholly
  • Like 1

Thanks so much Holly for the ID and the link, that's it for sure. Looks like you had a great day :-)

I might bash the 2 Harrison's together. I have the extra roof for the one I picked up yesterday, its not showing in the pics above. Also have a bag full of some nice lighting fixtures and some other goodies that came with it. The other one is bare though, but seems to have most of the larger parts. I haven't even touched it yet. Here's a pic of the rescued one:

H1.jpg

H2.jpg

Bobie, I wish you lived close enough to play miniatures with!  What has bothered me a bit was that there had been a miniaturist in my area and either s/he has had to give it up or passed and the kids were dumping the "junk".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We took The Kid with us to the local flea market where I found the station & store (Brimble's) kit for the 1:48 Greenleaf Village.  The seller took one look at the hubs' USMC cap and my cane and knocked $2 off his $5 asking price!  He also had several O-scale kits, but I far prefer building in wood to plastic!  In this picture it's the right and left end buildings on the back row: 

Miniature Greenleaf Town Kit

• Like 3