Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

6 hours ago, Island-Shack said:

@Medieval .... I actually saw those at Ollie's...do you have an Ollie's near you? Not sure if the inventory is the same in each store though. I just went through all their buttons and bought some cute Anchor buttons that I can use and almost bought those, but I had too much stuff in my buggy already HaHa

Is it possible to have too much stuff in your buggy at Ollie's?  I haven't seen those buttons at ours, though.

• 1 month later...

I bought this to treat myself while I'm sheltering in place. It's a half scale attic roombox in a trunk. You can unlatch the trunk and open it to access behind the roof (where there are lights) and the wall behind the open door. I plan to change the wallpaper.

I've seen one like this on eBay a few times before and I think it was made by Bauder Pine, but I haven't found a signature on mine. Maybe it was from a class. If anyone recognizes it let me know!

More pics on the auction page: https://www.ebay.com/itm/miniature-dollhouse-HALF-1-2-1-24-scale-lighted-ATTIC-ROOMBOX-TRUNK-room-box-/143575587353?hash=item216dc59a19%3Ag%3AIwIAAOSwrttejaAo&nma=true&si=JEdXSW8GyRYZ7cqUK59jBd%2Bc6Os%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

attic-trunk1.jpg

attic-trunk3.jpg

attic-trunk2.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Today I took my wife out for her first outing since she broke her arm, which led to 4 visits to the ER, 2 surgeries, a week in hospital, and ongoing IV antibiotic infusions and physical therapy. 

We went to an antiques mall "just to look around" and because the weather is in the 90s and our air con is down.

Well - - - I think I found a great bargain. House of Miniatures kits - a Chippendale wing chair, desk and sofa for $4.80 each!!! Now I am kicking myself for not snapping up the other 3 or 4 kits as well.

• Like 2

I stopped by Hobby Lobby and the dollhouses where marked down. The Bungalow was priced at $79.00. I don't know if you can use a 40% off coupon on them, but that is a great deal. I don't know if it id just this particular location?

On 7/8/2020 at 6:28 PM, Mid-life madness said:

I stopped by Hobby Lobby and the dollhouses where marked down. The Bungalow was priced at $79.00. I don't know if you can use a 40% off coupon on them...

Give it a try.

I have nothing to show yet but I just bought an Artply Highland!! Unopened kit - I'm so thrilled. I came across that house back when I was obsessed with the Brookwood and always remembered it in the back of my head. About a year ago I started hunting for one and randomly came across one on accident (looking at Toyota Highlanders online LOL) The seller had mis-indexed it and misspelled it on the listing. YAY for me - its coming from CA and I'm in FL so it'll be a week or more.

I have no room for it, and I'm in the middle of three projects right now. But I do not care because the best part it was only $50.00 - so it was meant to be mine.

• 3 months later...

Bobie, sorry I missed your post in July -- the Highland is an awesome house! I have one in the box that I got on eBay years ago (but I paid a lot more than $50 for mine...) I don't know if I'll ever build it because I mainly do half scale now, but I can't bring myself to part with it.

I impulse bought the Tulip Cottage from Betty's Wooden Miniatures on eBay last night. It's a 1:12 scale playhouse but I think it can work as a half scale house. I also have the Backyard Bliss house (which you can see half of on the right in the photo) and am intending to do that one as a half scale candy shop. I don't know what the inside of this cottage looks like (I'm assuming it's one big room).

tulip-cottage.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Look what I found at Dollar Tree!

As Ben on Home Town says, "You can never have too many clamps!"

And the little bottles would have been five times as much at a craft or hobby store. 

You just never know!

IMG_8545__1643552866_65959.jpg

• Thanks 1

Great find, Lee!  I think I'll have to see if our Dollar Tree carries those little bottles ... one can never have enough of them, and you're so right - they cost a lot more in the craft stores!!

I buy those bottles a lot at Dollar Tree, they have several different sizes, etc. They really expanded their craft section when the pandemic hit. This past weekend I painted and covered a bunch of them. The clear glass is just food coloring mixed with clear glue, the solid ones are nail polish and the decorations are just washi tape (then covered with a layer of modge-podge)

272990314_10165755067835705_7599318791236093067_n.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks - it was really easy, plus everything in those photos (besides my stash of washi tape) came from the Dollar Tree. The food coloring, glue, bottles, racks, ribbon, twine, nail polish. Well actually it's the $1.25 store now, not $1 anymore - at least in my town it is.

I was looking for a picture frame at a thrift shop . . . BUT - - - I found this instead! ! ! :

It is a Melissa & Doug Folding Castle (mostly intact) with most of the furnishings. There is one balcony and a bridge that should go between two towers missing - as well as a bench and a trunk. The hinge connecting the two halves is also damaged but not essential. A bit smaller than 1:12 scale but I can deal with that. 

It was on half price for that color tag as well as Seniors day - so I ended up paying only $10.10 for it!

I am not sure quite what I will do to it yet, but it definitely needs a reno job. Though it is in pretty good condition, I want to re-decorate it at least to make it look more like an authentic castle: stone walls, slate roof, etc. 

IMG_8629 castle closed.jpg

IMG_8626 castle open.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I found this house by the side of the road. I thought I had a spot in my workroom to store it (it was tight but I made it fit). Since @Emerald has inspired me with her work, I figured it would be a cheaper way to dabble in 1/6 scale. So, Em,  I will be thinking of you when I take the plunge...as soon as the Pierce is done. Hoping by June 2nd!

rsz_20220501_142106.jpg

rsz_1rsz_120220501_142057.jpg

Edited by Medieval
Forgot photos!
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2019 at 6:29 PM, Island-Shack said:

I won an auction on eBay for a furniture lot, this table was included...it's like real life it has 2 table leaf's!! I had no idea from the photos. The furniture is all very good quality stuff in their original boxes. This table was in a plain white box though so I don't know anything about it. It's beautiful though. On the listing it said the seller purchased everything in the 70's from various dollhouse shows. I also really love this random chair that was in the lot.

20191231_160225.jpg

20191231_160316.jpg

20191231_160333.jpg

20191231_160058.jpg

Great stuff. I think maybe you beat me in the auction on this one!

Love the lots of old furniture on eBay. Always a few treaures.