Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Roxy, I just had the best time looking at your projects on your blog! Very cute Gnome Home -- and I also love your Christmas Village. Lots of creativity in the Gingerbread House, Frog House and, of course, the Kitty Daycare!!

• Like 2

Roxy, your houses are beautiful!!! I love your gorgeous Blue Orchid. Your little 1:48 scale houses are precious. I can't believe they are only 5"x6". Are they open in the back like 1:12 scale dollhouses?

Your Dollhouse Store was the most amazing thing to me though. Are those tiny dollhouses on the shelves real? I'd love to know how you made that!

• Like 1

The 1:48 scale GL buildings have walls on all four sides; to make them into regular dollhouses you have to add a floor and walls and hinge one of the exterior walls (or leave it off). A lot of people make them up to go with their HO train layouts, or for Christmas villages.

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday looking for the gnomes, but sadly, there were no tiny gnomes at my Wal-Mart. :(

otterine, Sanford is adorable! He and Roland Sneakypants look perfect together. So cute!

Love your new little friend. Makes me think of the characters in the Thornton Burgess books - Old Granny Fox and her naughty little Reddy Fox. You all remember Old Mother West Wind don't you?

I have finally found the witch weather vane in 1:24 I've been searching for for months and it's so cute, just ordered the kit. It will look amazing on the roof of my Halloween house :-) It's brilliant when you finally find something you've been looking for for such a long time.

• Like 2

I'm like a kid in a toyshop this morning, my 1:24 weathervane arrived and it is darling, also a green armchair, almost a replica of the one my grandfather had in the 1960's and the grout powder for my bricks so I can start getting them on the house now.

Unfortunately I cannot find my camera but there is a picture of the weathervane on my gallery. It is going on the tower of my Fairfield.

• Like 1

Hatboxes at Hobby Lobby: 1 5/16th" in diameter and 1 inch in height - made of basswood bottoms (1/8" thick) and paper-thin bass for walls. Perfect for vanity cases or hatboxes.

• Like 5

Also found metal embellishments (Metal Gallery is on sale) and hollow pear-shaped beads in the clearance section that will make awesome bottles.

• Like 3

Oh oh oh do I ever love those glass beads.

Is Metal Gallery a website, ebay or etsy type source?

When I typed it in, it came up as a Hobby Lobby line but I didn't see anything like yours so I guessed it must be something different.

Selkie, I'm not sure they have everything online - I found those in the local HL and there were more that could be used as well. The stores have two whole shelf sections dedicated to those. The manufacturer is metal gallery and I only found them at HL so far.

I'll check out our second store for the glass beads today - If I find more I can get some for you. I'll also look for embellishments - I'll buy two of each and post a picture - if you want some of them let me know and I'll mail them out.

Thanks Chris. Now that I know it is from HL, I'll just plan a trip for all of us to the craft stores and we'll make a day of it and take a look at their selection. I'm new to HL and have only been one time and it was a quick trip for a specific item that I needed post haste so I didn't get to wander around and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this guy at the Salvation Army Thrift Store yesterday. They throw a couple handfulls of tiny random toys in bags and sell them for $1.79. Usually there will be one or two interesting things and a bunch of useless stuff. Lots of Happy Meal kind of stuff. This guy was the only thing in the bag I liked. It appears to be a Caco doll. He reminds me of an english teacher I had in high school.

post-1012-0-83170300-1400001601_thumb.jp

• Like 3