Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Roxy, your houses are beautiful!!! I love your gorgeous Blue Orchid. Your little 1:48 scale houses are precious. I can't believe they are only 5"x6". Are they open in the back like 1:12 scale dollhouses?

Your Dollhouse Store was the most amazing thing to me though. Are those tiny dollhouses on the shelves real? I'd love to know how you made that!

Lisa Sorry I didn't see your post before for some reason. Thank you for the dollhouse store comments. I think that it was my favorite build ever. I used printies for many of the tiny dollhouses and I used a set of miniature houses from Real Good Toys. I made the dolls outfits and the boxes containing the Greenleaf kits are also printies. :)

Thanks about my quarter scale villages also. I want to get another quarter scale Orchid and do the inside also. I wish you could just buy that one tiny house. :)

• Like 1

Score!!

Sometimes I hate trolling around on craigslist before I go on a business trip. Other times I find some real winners. If you are a fan of BIG dollhouses, you will like this find. Today I was in Portland, OR -- 1900 miles away from home and picked up the following:

post-8632-0-13140400-1400644587_thumb.jp

RGT Sterling Estate - Milled Plywood with the wraparound porch and the addition - still in the UPS box

51"W x 27"D x 43"H - 15 Rooms - 64 pounds

post-8632-0-99711800-1400644805_thumb.jp

RGT Bostonian - Milled Plywood - still in the UPS box

48"W x 24"D x 41"H - 11 Rooms - 55 pounds

post-8632-0-64128800-1400644852_thumb.jp

DuraCraft Marquam Hill Mansion - still in the DC box and about to get beat to heck by UPS while it travels across the country

48"H x 38"W x 22"D - 8 Rooms - 77 pounds

I got them all for around $350. The first two retail for nearly $1,600. I already have a Marquam, but couldn't pass up a bargain. It has been a while since I last scored some kits that I personally like. The Sterling, with a little help, could possibly be the Addams family house.

• Like 10

The Sterlin done in dark green could be the Taft family home. The Marquam Hill looks like the MDF version.

The picture of the MH was pulled off of the internet.I stopped at the UPS store before going to my hotel and spent $200 shipping these bad boys home. I hadn't taken any pictures of them. At least they can't pick these up and throw them around...lol

Note:I'm not sure if this is where to post this,as it's about a mini website I found,not a specific mini find. :

I don't know if it's been posted about before,but I ran across the coolest mini gardener supply site,Two Green Thumbs. Fun for those who want to make fairy a garden or are landscaping their dollhouse-and for REAL (mini)gardening,too! I haven't ordered from them,but their products look great and the prices are not out of reach,imo..

http://www.shop.twogreenthumbs.com/

I found the website by accident,when I saw a customer's photo on Pinterest of a cool stone covered Dura-Craft Ashley surrounded by landscaping.

http://www.twogreenthumbs.com/Mini_Garden_Gallery_B.php go to page 2 and scroll down a bit-It's on the

right side. Another view of it

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/428686458253368993/

I hope I can some day combine my 2 hobbies and have an outside mini garden,but I wonder just how/if a dollhouse would hold up to it? I think we discussed it last year somewhere in the Forum. Hopefully I haven't bored anyone with this post...

Edited by kat57

Score!!

Sometimes I hate trolling around on craigslist before I go on a business trip. Other times I find some real winners. If you are a fan of BIG dollhouses, you will like this find. Today I was in Portland, OR -- 1900 miles away from home and picked up the following:

attachicon.gifsterling.jpeg

RGT Sterling Estate - Milled Plywood with the wraparound porch and the addition - still in the UPS box

51"W x 27"D x 43"H - 15 Rooms - 64 pounds

attachicon.gifbostonian.jpeg

RGT Bostonian - Milled Plywood - still in the UPS box

48"W x 24"D x 41"H - 11 Rooms - 55 pounds

attachicon.gifmhm.jpg

DuraCraft Marquam Hill Mansion - still in the DC box and about to get beat to heck by UPS while it travels across the country

48"H x 38"W x 22"D - 8 Rooms - 77 pounds

I got them all for around $350. The first two retail for nearly $1,600. I already have a Marquam, but couldn't pass up a bargain. It has been a while since I last scored some kits that I personally like. The Sterling, with a little help, could possibly be the Addams family house.

Congrats!!!! You have the luck of the Irish.....lol.

Gail :bear:

• 2 weeks later...

San Francisco is my favorite city. When I die I want to go there.

Not me, WAY TOOOO many people going way too fast and too many houses all piled together. Its a fun place to visit but I will take the country and wide open spaces any day. thank you. :)

• Like 4

Maybe the San Francisco in heaven is less crowded.....

That was my thought. Besides, i'd treat it like I do any city, and spend most of my time hiking, riding (maybe I'll have enough balance for a regular bicycle) and kayaking.

Ooooh,if I got to go back to San Francisco,I'd be enjoying the individuality of it,not doing the same old same old I can do any day...I would also wish I had a boatload of money to spend on minis!LOL So glad you got to go on vacation and have such fun,Roxy! I know you were nervous about the flying,my friend,but it sounds like you were well rewarded with an enjoyable time once you landed! :D

• Like 2

Oh don't get me wrong.......I really did enjoy the "sights" it was interesting and something new to see but as for living there.......not so much. Its way too expensive so you would need at least 2 boatloads of money too! I loved Pacific Grove and the coast was spectacular. I grew up on the "other" coast and it was fun to see the Pacific. It has such a beautiful color and the scenery along the Pacific hwy is incredible! I was "amused" by the people it was like Taos on a much bigger scale!

Did I mention it was chilly, damp and foggy??? I am happy to be home in the sunny DRY desert! :) Isn't it great how traveling somewhere else makes you appreciate Home so much?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would so LOVE a really big dollshouse but english homes are tiny compared to american homes and there is no way I would fit one in unless I started getting rid of furniture and my husband wasn't so keen on that idea :-D

• Like 1

Did I mention it was chilly, damp and foggy??? I am happy to be home in the sunny DRY desert! :) Isn't it great how traveling somewhere else makes you appreciate Home so much?

That's San Francisco in the summer. ;) ~20 miles north we had 90-100 degree weather. :ohmy: (But I was down in SF today, freezing!)

• Like 1

Emily, It shows how much I pay attention......I didn't know you were in SF!!! I could have stopped in and visited you! I did love visiting SF though and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Its such a difference in climate from here. I would like to go out on a sailboat to the bridge! :)
Its in the 80's here and dry hot and windy.