Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Just got home from Michael's and in the Christmas section, with the tiny ornaments and buttons was miniatures. The same company that gave us minis in the Spring.

I just got a pastry holder and domes but will go back for the Santa cake.This are fun for a christmas house.

:bear:

I was shopping for a Fall wreath for our front door. It was rather a shock to see what ugly wreaths the stores were charging for. I found a lovely garland for less than half what a really not very attractive wreath was going for; I double looped it and fastened the two ends with an orange twisty-tie. On 1 September I'll change it out for our summer flower wreath. The first year we swapped 1:12 Fall items I lucked out and found perfect mini gourds at Wally World, but I have never seen them again! I'd love to make a mini door wreath or other autumnal arrangement in mini.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into hobby lobby for 1 thing, and as I was walking thru I saw in the jewelry section they have a Fairy section, there were several cute items, blue and green bottles, these door handles, they ended up a dollar cause the fairy stuff is 50 percent off this week.

There were several crowns, and some swords, shields, and an adorable dragon framed picture, and a door locket, it was about the size of a quarter and I thought it would be a cute little door in a small house.

I am not doing any fairy houses, but I did buy the bottles and door knobs.

• Like 1

I got a great deal yesterday--twelve unassembled HOM kits, five more kits already nicely built, and a houseworks bay window. All for $25! The lady I bought them from told me that she still has some more things in storage, and she will email me when she finds them to see if I'm interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after the disappointment of not getting the huge lot of stuff of Craiglist, I was compensated with this wonderful find, also from Craiglist (I will not go there for a while, otherwise I will not be working on the projects that I have ready to start ever!). But before I get to work, I wanted to share with you this cute Lindfield house that has given me already so much happiness. I am so glad I found it!

Everything is as it was when I got it. The lady that sold me the house told me that another lady that she cares for in an assisted living complex, told her she was going to get rid of it, and she offered to try to sale it for her on Craiglist, and voila! I got it!It was love at first sight! I couldn't believe it, and I understood why took that lady so long to even think to get rid of this treasure. I have to say that I am a TERRIBLE photographer, but I did my best to try to capture the beauty of this house. I am thinking of making it the house of a Fortune teller, I already have lots of ideas. I don't know if I should add banisters and railings to the main stairs, or leave it as it is. I really don't feel I should change anything, except adding the door knobs. My only daughter that is not into this fever yet, also loved the house and offered to help me with the decoration. She loves Harry Potter, and is thinking about a magician house....Hmmmm,...

• Like 1

You certainly lucked out! I could see it as Neville Longbottom's gran's house. I think I would put a handrail for the stairs along the wall and a railing around the stairwell opening on the second floor (remembering how klutzy little Neville was).

You certainly lucked out! I could see it as Neville Longbottom's gran's house. I think I would put a handrail for the stairs along the wall and a railing around the stairwell opening on the second floor (remembering how klutzy little Neville was).

Ooo, perfect!

• 1 month later...

While on a recent road trip from Washington State to mainland British Columbia and Vancouver Island, stopped at thrift stores, antique stores and one miniature store (in Victoria, BC). Maybe I am whining, but all I found to buy in half scale was a green stove, sink and refrigerator that needs a lot of cleaning and repair. Perhaps it is because of the condition and quality, but my husband asked for about 75% off and the owners readily accepted his offer.

post-58020-0-02992100-1414799000_thumb.j

• Like 2