Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Ooooh, so many wonderful dolls! I can't wait to see where they are going to live. Where did you find such a great assortment?

My thoughts exactly as welll! ANd yes, you will be busy giving them new homes to live in!

Hugs and congratulations!

• 1 month later...

There was a dollhouse that was partially completed at one of these sales but I did not get it. It was too big for car and I think it was a RGT. I have decided (told Fred this too) that unless it is something on the rare side like a Willowcrest, I will pass on it.

You find the niftiest stuff!

I have to agree with you on that. I do this every Saturday that I can and some days I am lucky...somedays are a complete dud. I saw those pictures and I zoomed in on them like a hungry hyena after a Coney Island frankfurter. SWOOP! To people that are selling these things, they are just clutter..to me they are way cool! Greg, if you like the pics I can get some more. There is an antique shop in my city that sells them for really cheap..like $2-3 a piece. They even sell Daugaratypes. (i know I messed up that spelling but you know what I mean). If there is something in particular you are looking for like size, subject matter, price range..let me know. I will dig in their boxes for you.

Guest Nathaniel

Here are my most recent treasures! http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=2503

I still have tons more treasures to post though from Lee's Line, Bespaq, JBM, Reutter, etc. I've also redressed some of my beds and they came out pretty darn good so I will have to share those coming up here too!

This album here shows more of my newest stuff too! http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=2502

Check out my galleries and let me know what you think! :wave:

-Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

ITs funny becasue of course you would expect to find lots of neat treasures at a miniatures show but, I actually have found lots of neat treasures at 3 of my local antique shops, also at local flea markets, yard sales, and of course off of craigslist and freecycle. I think I spent pretty much EVERY weekend this summer searching for treasures at all of these places. The great thing too was I found some REALLY rare items and paid some SUPER low prices. My parents gasp when they see how large my miniatures collection is now. But, when I tell them that most of my houses were free or dirt cheap, alot of my furniture was free or dirt cheap, or it was purchased for a super low price as a "collection" then they can accept why my collection is so large.

The other day on ebay I found a nice gentlemen selling Lee's Line of furniture for SUPER CHEAP because it was a Seconds Sale. I ended up buying 1 to 8 pieces of EVERYTHING he had becasue the prices were so low. THen, when the huge box of furniture came, dining room tables, kitchen tables, dressers, end tables, night stands, coffee tables, couches, chairs, armoires, sideboards, etc, they were all in beautiful condition and the reason that they were "seconds" was a very small flaw that you couldnt even notice. So, that was a great find. Believe it or not, Evilbay can still have some great finds on it. I have bought a lot of Bespaq and JBM for dirt cheap on Evilbay, especially recently.

Another recent adventure of mine has been taking real life items and making them miniature. I recently starting cutting up a pair of old bamboo shades into small pieces and made AWESOME miniature bamboo blinds for my d.houses.

Another great thing that this hobby has been doing for me is inspiring me to do houses for family members. I am currently working on a beach cottage for my mom. My next project may be a Colonial for my 9 year old cousin Courtney. After that I think I may have made enough room to get started on my Piercefield (Garfield/Pierce bash)! Both of these houses have been for free. The expense has been the time and effort put into them and the furniture and decor put into them. However, the reward from gifting these to members of my family will be immense.

With the holidays coming its hard to find time for miniatures but for some reason the hobby is so magical to me that it still finds ways to pop up into my life and get me excited. I think at this point I am really excited about working towards making all of my houses the highest quality with the highest detail I can. With a forum like this, the right materials, and a great deal of time and effort, I think ANYONE can really make a house BEAUTIFUL! I was shocked when I was working on my first house, my Tennyson, and it was coming out SOOOO Beautifully! I spent MANY MANY HOURS on that house. I was a beginner but I took my time and made everything count. I laid each floor board and tile individually in that house, and put alot of time and thought into decorating it, adding lights, wallpaper, baseboard, crown molding, door and window molding, etc. I still need to finish that one, but its probably the one that I am most proud of at this point. It is usually the one I furnish with my most expensive furniture and accessories because I feel it deserves to be treated.

Anyways, sorry, about the book. I am bored sitting here on my laptop procastinating when I am supposed to be writing a paper. Oh well. I will get it done! Its just so nice to have this forum to escape to...

Happy Holidays everyone! :wave:

-Nathaniel

• Like 1

Guest Nathaniel
We enjoy your finding time to drop in and share all your mini activities with the rest of the family. Have a happy holiday and FINISH that paper!

Thanks Holly! Ok, back to my paper!

Guest Nathaniel
Hi, Nathaniel! I take it you're a student! What are you studying, and how do you find all the wonderful deals? You have some beautiful houses!

Yes I am a student. I have 2 classes left next semester and I will be finished with my BS in Human Resources Management with a Minor in Operations Management. I find all the wonderful deals by spending alot of time on Craigslist, Freecycle, and at yard sales and flea markets and sometimes evilbay believe it or not. Thanks for saying my houses are beautiful. Most of them have been free or dirt cheap! I think Ima go do some searching on Craigslist right now. I havent in a long time cus I have been too busy with school. I just had my last final tonight and now I am done and classes dont start back up again until January 26th.