Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Shy Spirit said:

Wonderful detail - it's a clarinet, isn't it?  May I ask where you found such a treasure?  And do they make flutes?  

It is a clarinet.  The company name is Monkeyjack.  I found it on Amazon, however this company sells everything under the sun so you have to be real specific with your search request.  I think they do have a flute.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keifer said:

.I thought for the price that the detail was incredible

No kidding.  I looked them up, because I was curious.  The price point is great.  (And, yes, they do have a flute.)  Experiencing severe 1:12 envy right now.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-09-13, 4:32:28, Mid-life madness said:

I found this cute enameled soap dish at Hobby Lobby. (The one on the right) $6.99 before sale discount.  It also comes in blue, and a teal like green color. The scale might be a little big, but I thought I would share it. It is in the front of store with all the various displays. Look for the Laundry decor.

rsz_tub.jpg.7ff97286e024cb945041a60aae99

For some reason I’m getting an error when I click on the link. Anyone else having issues?

Edit: never mind. It’s in a thread that’s over a year old.  Oops!

Edited by Deborah C

On 2017-11-09, 11:24:41, Mid-life madness said:

It's a major award!

I was at Walmart and came across a leg lamp ornament that looks really close to scale. I had to buy it because A. It's a major award and B. It was only $7.99. C......I know I don't have to explain it to you guys!

It is not going in the shadow box, I posed it so you could see the scale. It was on an end cap near the greeting cards.

rsz_leg_lamp.jpg

rsz_leg_lamp_2.jpg

I have one too! I think it is a Hallmark ornament (I got mine through Amazon). AND  it lights up!

• Like 4

On 2017-11-18, 2:17:37, Samusa said:

So I haven't had any time for mini-ing because I've been working 12 hour days, 6 days a week.. but that has meant a bit of extra cash for mini extravagances. :D

I just bought this artisan made double sink set up. Spent way too much on it.. don't even care, because I love it. :drool2:

s-l1600.jpg

Oh, that’s gorgeous. Lucky you!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018, 11:01:53, Gonzo said:

Proof that patience pays off. I pursued these two kits for four years. The owner initially did not want to sell them. She was afraid I only wanted them so I could flip them. I finally got both kits a few months ago. The price was right and I am happy! The kits are the Old Granville House from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" and the lobby of the Stratford Inn from "The Newhart Show." I have not seen many kits from this company, but considering the fact that they misspelled one kit and named the wrong TV show on the other, it makes me wonder. I have another kit from this company (secretly my favorite) that I will share in a few days.

I build mostly pop culture type builds. These fit perfectly.

20170905_104422.jpg

20170905_104445.jpg

20170905_104445a.jpg

I am just now seeing this (and your find of the Mayberry Courthouse).  Lucky you!  I happened across one of these kits about 6 months ago, and snapped it up.  It was the Tara kit from Gone With The Wind.  Since then I have seen 3 of the building from Little House on the Prairie TV show on Facebook Marketplace and they went before I could message the seller.  They are rare finds!

On 2018-09-09, 6:44:50, Keifer said:

It is a clarinet.  The company name is Monkeyjack.  I found it on Amazon, however this company sells everything under the sun so you have to be real specific with your search request.  I think they do have a flute.  

Thanks for the company name. They’re available on the Canadian site. I’m going to have fun digging through their inventory.

My mother was cleaning out her craft drawers and found these two cute (and cheap! ahaha) finds from Walmart long ago. 
She found a school-themed lamp and some crayons as well. I'm guessing she probably bought them in the early 2000s - thank you Mom for spendings a few quarters on these cuties!

Resized_20181002_131430_2366.jpeg

• Like 4