Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Scored a fun find today at a thrift store. A mini Christmas tree with decorations. It was too big to go inside the house but some of the ornaments were perfect after I deconstructed it for other uses. There were 3 houses, a Santa, a snowman, and a Victorian couple to be used as table-top ornaments. Also a string of lights that will go on the eaves of the lower porch. The tree itself can stay outside the house. And all that for one buck!!! Yippee!

IMG_3473__1577587579_10593.jpg

• Like 4

I won an auction on eBay for a furniture lot, this table was included...it's like real life it has 2 table leaf's!! I had no idea from the photos. The furniture is all very good quality stuff in their original boxes. This table was in a plain white box though so I don't know anything about it. It's beautiful though. On the listing it said the seller purchased everything in the 70's from various dollhouse shows. I also really love this random chair that was in the lot.

20191231_160225.jpg

20191231_160316.jpg

20191231_160333.jpg

20191231_160058.jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Shy Spirit said:

What a marvellous find!  I love old furniture in RL (Real Life) as well as in miniature.  These pieces are beautiful.  The aged finish on the chair is so authentic looking.  

I love that the grain is in scale!

I seem to be hooked on trees at the moment...HL reduced their Christmas to 90% so I bought a couple of orange ones to play with. One isn't orange anymore. I had the paint glue and flock... not bad for 87 cents. :cheezy:actually they were 39 cents the 87 was the bag of snow I got :doh:too much paint fumes too little brain left.

20200102_181014.jpg

Edited by FurMama
Old age confusion
  • Like 2

I went a little crazy over the holidays buying eBay lots...really scored some good stuff though. Wanted to show off these great Chrysnbon kits I got in one lot...because I love anything Chrysnbon...and also ask anyone here if they know if these 2 companies are related...Chrysnbon and Chrysolite? When I google Chrysolite all I get is info about the gem, not this company LOL.

20200108_164302.jpg

20200108_164238.jpg

20200108_164121.jpg

I share your love of Chrysnbon kits and minis, Bobie.  Their realistic details, and the fact that they can be customized by miniaturists make them extremely desirable to me.  Very good find!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The high chair, cradle, pram and rocker look like pieces I saw in Chinatown stores many years ago and the stove reminds me of a salesman's sample' is it cast iron?  The wee pup dog looks like painted metal and like it has been around a while.  You have hit pay dirt.

• Like 1

The brass (?) pieces match a bed too that I forgot to photograph. Oops. You’re exactly right about the dog! And I think you’re right about the stove too — it must be cast iron because it is HEAVY!

I feel like I’m finally getting to play with all the tiny trinkets I adored when I was little, ha!

When I bought my partially assembled Pierce I also got a Madison in box some assembled furniture and a box of furniture kits all for $150.00. I opened the box of furniture kits today. 29 boxes of House of Miniatures still wrapped in plastic. I looked them up on web and found out the company no longer exists. I REALLY lucked out for that price.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

When I bought my partially assembled Pierce I also got a Madison in box some assembled furniture and a box of furniture kits all for $150.00. I opened the box of furniture kits today. 29 boxes of House of Miniatures still wrapped in plastic. I looked them up on web and found out the company no longer exists. I REALLY lucked out for that price.

Holy cow! What a haul!! :clap: 

@Medieval .... I actually saw those at Ollie's...do you have an Ollie's near you? Not sure if the inventory is the same in each store though. I just went through all their buttons and bought some cute Anchor buttons that I can use and almost bought those, but I had too much stuff in my buggy already HaHa

• Like 1