Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Guest Nathaniel
Beautiful rooms Nathaniel, my favorite is the dining room with Christmas tree.

Thanks Melva! I got that xmas tree at TJ Maxx for like 7 bux! IT looks really real though and smells like a real tree too!!! I like that room too.. the colors are a little crazy though in that room. I went with blue, red, yellow, and green to be christmasy and stuff...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nathaniel

Hi Everyone!

I got some new treasures in the mail the other day! I got a nice Bespaq Secretary with a Mirror, a beautiful Mohagony arm chair with a really nice fabric, and a beautiful white resin Fireplace that is 9.5 inches tall and will only fit in one of my houses, my Newport (or American Victorian Mansion by Batrie). I purchased these pieces from a WONDERFUL ebay seller - his name is Jim Coates and he sells some REALLY nice Bespaq pieces and other stuff!

Check out pics in my gallery! And leave Comments!

Thanks! :)

-Nathaniel

I was looking through everyone's great new finds and it reminded me that I have a new find. It is a Baroque fireplace that I fell in love with and had to have. I was thinking of gold leafing it. I have some gold leaf that I have held onto for years for just the right project. I was looking online at pictures of similar RL items and some have only gold leafed the accents, am not sure how I would do that on this, or if it would be better to just gold leaf the whole thing. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for something that might look good? Would love to hear your ideas.

Julie C.

post-2189-1233040030_thumb.jpg

I was looking through everyone's great new finds and it reminded me that I have a new find. It is a Baroque fireplace that I fell in love with and had to have. I was thinking of gold leafing it. I have some gold leaf that I have held onto for years for just the right project. I was looking online at pictures of similar RL items and some have only gold leafed the accents, am not sure how I would do that on this, or if it would be better to just gold leaf the whole thing. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for something that might look good? Would love to hear your ideas.

Julie C.

I am with holly, i would marble it but I would also gold leaf the accents with my trusty gold leafing pen.

If you MUST gold leaf the accents, you can lay you leaf on the high places and just rub your tool over those, and then gently remove the rest with a brush, if you really want Roccoco; but for Baroque I still think marble, maybe a pretty Tuscan variety with tiny hints of pink & gray veining.

The gold highlights would make it Roccoco rather than Baroque, and gilding the whole thing puts it into the realm of King Midas' fantasy. A lovely marble with hints of pinkish (raw sienna) and grayish (black) veining would look properly opulent in a Baroque sort of way. That said, it's your fireplace & chimneybreast, and your dollhouse, and whatever fits with the look you & the house wants is the way to go.

Not much to add to what Holly suggested! I would urge you not to cover the whole thing in gold leaf - but the fireplace is in your mini world, not mine. :)

It's a stunning piece - I understand how you fell in love with it!

Guest Nathaniel

Julie C.

I would just gold leaf the accents, as little as possible. I think with gold leafing less is more..

Guest Nathaniel
Hey Nathaniel, watch for Jim Coates sales and watch for his damaged items. You can get some deals. I've bought from him many times. :cheer:

Thanks for the tip Greg! :lol: Actually, I have bought sale items and damaged items from him before. They are usually easy fixes though so it is great and not even noticeable! Certainly makes Bespaq more affordable! I will definitely continue to buy from him!

I found these at an Antique Mall a couple weeks ago. I have no idea what I'm going to use them for yet, but I just had to get them.

They're almost 6" tall with the pedestal and say made in Italy on the bottom.

Lovely, Pamela! (I think I have the one on the left.) They would look spectacular in a garden, conservatory, or large front hall. What a find! The pair together will definitely make a statement. :p

Sounds lovely but I have to make sure I can use them in a setting that I'm talented enough to create....

I can see things in my head but making/building them may be another story. I love the foyer and wall fountain idea.

• 1 month later...

I'm so excited! I found something that just tickles me to death. Of course, most minis do that to me, but this one combined so many of the things I love best.....books, herbal lore, a wicked sense of humor.........

It's coming from the UK so it won't be here for awhile. That might be a good thing since Percutio, Maharet and Sarah Ann are all arguing about who gets it. By the time it gets here hopefully they'll have reached a decision.

post-329-1237232538_thumb.jpg

Isn't it just cool!! The artisan is BlueKittyMiniatures on Etsy.

Deb

Oh, that is SO cute! Watch out Jadis doesn't snatch it for herself! Remember she's a sneaky jade!

<grinning> Jadis got the venus flytrap and the goldfish-eating cat so I told her she'd have to share this one with the others. She didn't seem happy about that so I'll have to keep an eye on her. LOL!

The little book might just have to make the rounds of all the magick folk. It's too cute not to share.

I think I'll name him Phil O'Dendron.

Deb