Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Pictures of my first Craigslist purchases-all for $15! We need to do some gluing and actually make a replacement leg for the Welsh cupboard but I think it was still a pretty good deal!

gallery_3692_3407_239951.jpg

and more!

gallery_3692_3407_17215.jpg

The rest of it is in my bargain finds album.

I've been slow to take a picture, but now I can share with you the mini furniture I brought back from the Czech Republic. I didn't find any mini stores, but spotted these in a ceramics studio. The design is traditional to Southern Bohemia. It may be a tad oversized. I have not put it with other furniture yet. But I'm sure I can find spots for them in the Pierce Bohemian Inn & Restaurant.

The Pierce has all sorts of nooks & crannies to stash such pretty pieces!

By the time I get through bashing guest rooms, it will have more nooks and crannies than an English muffin! :p

I've been slow to take a picture, but now I can share with you the mini furniture I brought back from the Czech Republic. I didn't find any mini stores, but spotted these in a ceramics studio. The design is traditional to Southern Bohemia. It may be a tad oversized. I have not put it with other furniture yet. But I'm sure I can find spots for them in the Pierce Bohemian Inn & Restaurant.

OMG, I am supremely jealous! I love the beautiful miniature pieces, and even more . . . I envy you for having gotten to visit the one place I have yearned to see for my entire life! Honestly, the Czech Republic has always been #1 on my "must visit" list! Anyway, congrats on both acquisitions for you! I may be jealous, but I am also very happy for you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this wonderfully detailed, perfectly scaled afghan on the Woodland Miniatures page in Etsy. It's a twin to the full-size one my grandmother made years ago, so I couldn't resist. I will be going back for more when I finally have a bed to drape the next one over.

gallery_3923_3565_238694.jpg

What pretty colors!

And they're an exact match for the afghan my grandmother crocheted years and years ago. I still can't get over it. The mini version is so soft, it drapes just like a RL one. Can't wait to get my chair completed so I can put it in the house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found the most precious mini nativity set at Michael's, and it was half price! The figures are 1/2 to 3/4 inches tall, Mary, Joseph, baby, 3 wise men, 2 shepherds, 2 lambs and 2 cows! They're actually ornaments for a tiny tree, but are a great size for a dollhouse. check in the Christmas decorations, the Merry Minis. I paid 1.79 for the set. There are also sets of Christmas novelty buttons on sale and I found a set with star cookie cutters and a spatula in it, plus other buttons I'll save for my Christmas house, for 99 cents, and they had several different sets of these.

• 1 month later...

gallery_1012_1010_14273.jpg

I found some very nice 55 gallon drums at the Dollar General. I think they are closer to scale than my little guy. The package says Dr. Wacko's Mad Lab Silly Sludge, $1. Removeable lid. Very realistic. Two colors, black and grey.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a RGT Foxhall for a fantastic deal today. I bought it with the intention of fixing it up over the next couple of months and rehoming it at our mini club's yard sale in June. I REALLY DO NOT have space for this house. In fact, I am overwhelmed with all that I already have, to the point that I can't enjoy it any of it anymore, and am planning to clear out a lot of houses, kits and minis at this yard sale.

So, now I have spent the afternoon cleaning the Foxhall, admiring how perfectly it has been built (more solid than most of my RL furniture!, not a speck of hot glue anywhere, etc...) and realizing what a great house it is!

And I looove it. I don't wanna give it up! :p

I guess I will work on it until the sale, and see how I feel then. Of course, as my DD so wisely pointed out, I would have to give up even more of my other houses to keep this one in the craft room.

But I am thinking more and more that a showpiece like this should be in the living room, where we can all enjoy it, right? :giggle:

Let's see if DH agrees when he gets home.....

I am concerned with display space since it has access from the front and back. Any advice?

Also, does anyone else have one with pics to share? I didn't find much in the gallery or through a general search. Thanks!

Oh Holly, I know you won't want to part with any. You put so much of yourself into them!

I was just reading about the zero clearance turntables and most opinions seem to be that they are too wobbly for big houses like this.

I will definitely let you know if I ever come across a Thornhill.

I had pretty much talked myself out of keeping the Foxhall last night, but thought that I recalled it came in 1/2 scale. Turns out, I was thinking about the Thornhill instead.

It's funny, when I am not looking at the Foxhall, I can rationalize why I shouldn't keep it. Too big, too expensive to finish properly, etc. But as soon as I lay eyes on it, that is out the window and my heart skips! It also has the conservatory addition on one side, which is beautiful! I was hoping it would come off, and I could least keep it. But, this thing is so well built that it would probably ruin both it and the house to try to remove it.

Oh well, it's not going anywhere today. I'll see what happens down the road. I can love it for now, anyway.