This is too strange!

Tams

Jerry and my brother went fishing today, like they do many days. Jerry told me he had this sensation that there was somebody else there, a very strong one. During the time when he was having that feeling, he found an old, crushed Oly beer can, which is the kind of beer my Dad drank. When he told me about it, he had the crushed can. Dad passed 29 years ago this month. They haven't made Oly for I don't know how many years. The can is one of the ones that had the pull tabs, like they made 30 years ago. Jerry was in a very popular fishing spot, so it's not like it just suddenly surfaced. Has anything like that ever happened to you?

Interesting, the universe is a big place there is no positionable way us dead or alive are the only ones out there. Great now i have to try and sleep with that image in a couple of minutes. . .

Yep i have had that sort of experience.............

My Dad was a carpenter and had been passed about 5 years, my mum and I were shopping in a department store and i piped up that i had misplaced a wooden shelf bracket and how it was a pity you now had to buy the whole shelf to get another one....we went to the hardware department and as we walked up the aisle the exact single shelf bracket i had lost fell off the shelf at our feet!!!!

Dad was certainly helping us shop that day :idiot:

I've experienced weird things like that my whole life...they've just become something I accept. My most dramatic one was back in 2000. I had a heart attack and was in the ER. I saw off to the side of the room a young man just standing there watching...I suddenly realized it was my father, who had passed away about 4 years earlier!! However, he was a young man again...maybe about 25 or so! A few minutes later he just vanished.

A couple of years ago it was Christmas Eve, my husband and I were in bed, and our cat freaked out!! He was running back and forth on the bed, looking at a spot in the room and just having a fit. A few minutes later he settled down. I told my husband that someone was probably just paying us a Christmas visit!!

The night my father died, I woke up a bit after 2 am. I was walking down the hall to the bathroom and suddenly knew he had just passed on at that moment. About 7 am, my brother called to tell me my father had passed that night..at the exact time that I "knew" he was gone!

To me, it's comforting to know our loved ones are not "gone"...just waiting for us!

I have sort a similar experience. My mom in law and I were fairly close. When she was losing her battle with breast cancer, she and I talked very frankly to each other about how to plan things. She asked me to help her pick out an outfit to be buried in (a beautiful purple suit she'd sewn!). We also talked about how my Jim had never been able to get a teaching job at a HS closer than 40 miles (one way) to our home. He'd gone through the 'Critical Needs' teaching program that certifies teachers quickly in areas the state desperately needed teachers in, but the offerings were all for rural school a long way from our home. For 7 years he'd driven a long way each day. He'd interviewed with our local district at the beginning, but at that time jobs were very hard to get in to there, so we gave up on that. The day HR ('Hot Rod' was my MIL's nickname) and I were talking about the outfit, she brought up that she knew Jim would be able to find a job much closer soon and that we shouldn't be discouraged. She'd been a teacher , herself, and when she retired she volunteered to teach adults to read. She passed away several weeks later (end of Oct 98), then her husband lost his battle with ALS in Dec 98. Several months later we got a phone call fromthe principal of our neighborhood HS asking Jim to come for an interview for a teaching slot the next day. After Jim had the interview, he got home to a phone call from the principal asking him to please accept the job. We didn't know the district still had his application from years back in their files! I will never be convinced HR didn't stride up to St Peter and let him know she needed a favor....

Yes, I have also experienced things like this my entire life. I not only have Celtic heritage, but also Native American, so I think I got a double dose of this phenomenon. There are so many of these instances I've had that I will only share a very few of them with you . . .when I was a teenager in high school, I dreamt that one of my classmates died. I knew him casually, so I was surprised that I dreamt of him. When I went to school that day, I found out that he had been killed at about the time I dreamt it, in a freaky sled riding accident. Once, I told my (ex) husband that I really wanted to go visit my Uncle Jewel - it was evening and my uncle was elderly, so he convinced me to wait until the next day. The next day turned out to be too late as my uncle died later in that same night. Several years ago, on Valentines' Day, I got a panicked feeling about my Dad and I told my (ex) husband that I was going to call and talk to him. My ex was a total jerk, the call was long distance, and he pitched a fit (he was a violent wife beater), screaming that they were probably just out and about - for once in my life, I turned on him and told him to shut the h__ up! I tried several times to call my parents' house and I kept getting their answering machine. Finally, I reached my brother-in-law at my sister's house. I immediately said "where's Dad"? He said "at the hospital". Sure enough, I called the E.R. and was able to talk to my Mom. My Dad had had a massive heart attack and nobody had called me! My Mom wanted to know how I even knew. I said "Mom, you KNOW how I knew!". Anyway, I was able to get to the hospital (over 60 miles away) and be with there as my Dad underwent emergency quadruple bypass surgery. They say he actually died on the table, but they were able to shock him back. Thankfully, he is still with me . . . but that has been my most memorable and painful one of these! Finally, just over 2 years ago, I lost my very beloved cousin and friend "Nona" to bladder cancer. I do beadwork, and she and I had enjoyed some great times together, picking out beads etc. . . when I visited her in Las Vegas. The day after she died, I got an email from one of my favorite suppliers listing sale items that were "email only specials". I was shocked because one thing I had been wanting forever (and had never told Nona - she didn't even know about any of my suppliers here in Kentucky) was listed and for an actual tiny fraction of its normal cost. I didn't believe it could be the item I thought it was, but I ordered 5 packages of it anyway thinking it had to be a great deal no matter what and when I got it in, it actually was what I had been wanting for months and months, but could never afford. I called the company to see if they had any more and they told me it had been pulled immediately due to a HUGE pricing error and to quote them "thank goodness only 1 customer had made a purchase" before they found their mistake; Yup, I was that customer and I got about $1500.00 dollars worth of stuff for only $25.00!!! I had to smile - I firmly believe that was Nona's parting gift to me! I still have a huge supply of the items I bought, and they bring a smile to me every single time I look at them.

A couple of months ago my cat was looking at someone and there was nobody there. I live alone.

I was playing a game on the computer and suddenly I noticed he was sitting on the desk staring at a point in the back of the room. It wasn't a bug or something, I checked and I even went to stand at the point he was staring at.

He kept staring for nearly 2 hours at that point, and he never even blinked. He sat there like a statue.

Years ago when I was 16, my best friend and I were being bad. We knew two guys that had some dirt bikes and Rhonda and Frank were riding. She was on the back of his bike, and they had been drinking pj all night. I had not drank anything and I would not ride. I went home and when I got out of my car I heard sirens and I just knew Rhonda was hurt. I ran inside and told my mother. I phoned Rhonda's house and her brother told me that they were hit by a car, and Frank had a broken leg. I had my mother drive me to hospital. We beat the ambulance there. Rhonda had a head injury and lost the hearing in her left ear. She was is hospital for a long time.

Last June my father started living in an assisted living home. I was having trouble going to sleep one nite and when I was almost asleep I had a flash of my fathers face that shot me up in bed. I just lay there thinking about him. The next day I got a phone call that he had broken his hip.

When my Fiance called me this past April to tell me Dad had passed, I was working on my first house and thinking of how he would love for me to make him one. I could not stop thinking about him to the point I was distracted. I just had to make him a house. Then I got the call.

My FIL passed away last month, and my MIL had one of those experiences the day before his funeral...she had gone into town to get some lunch, and on her way back, she said she was thinking about everything, and feeling really miserable, so out of the blue she decided to turn on her car radio (which she RARELY ever did)....it was a radio station that rented out time slots to different programs, and at this particular time, it happened to be a gospel music show. She was listening, and she heard a song about how wonderful it is in Heaven, and how the loved ones left behind shouldn't be sad....She said it really spoke to her and she knew that Phil had sent it to her at that exact time. When she got home, she called the radio station, and oddly, the gospel show had been a one-time thing to fill an unexpected open slot (!!!!). She talked to many different people, and at the end of the day, events happened so perfectly that she was able to get the song (which hasn't been released on CD yet) to play at the funeral. It was.....just......yeah.......

I have also experienced things like this my whole life. Some of these things i dont remember like when i was very young probably about 4 years old we apparently lived in a house that had a spirit which i talked to often according to my dad.

I do remember when my grandfather passed away the night he passed away i woke up suddendly walked over to the phone and just held it in my hand waiting i finally turned it on it never rang it was the hospital calling to let us know he was fading fast and would not make it much longer. I have no idea how i knew to do that i just did. It had been my grandfathers wish that he be cremated and his remains taken to a special spot we spent a lot of time at together however it was only accessable by boat and the weather had been too rough to get there. During the time his ashes were in our home he made his presence very well known. Things would happen especially to me when i was alone cupboards would open and close by themselves things would drop for no reason. The most strange thing would have to be that i had a boyfriend i was intimate with and anytime we were together the strange things like doors slamming when no one else was home rooms would get very cold in the middle of really hot days. i would hear footsteps that seemed to be coming from above me and yet there was no floor above me. I know my grandfather was there. He certainly expressed his disapproval of my actions.

I can often sense the presence of something being there in all kinds of situations. I dont always see the things but i can feel when they are there. I have seen and heard my cat who passed away by accident last november. There are definetely times i wish i did not have this "gift" but i do and at times it can be quite scary.

I get funny feelings in certain places. My friend just recently decided against an apartment she was going to move in because of me. I did not say anything (until she prodded me) but she could tell by the look on my face that I did not like being there. Everything was fine until I went into the back bedroom. I wanted to get the heck out of there after that.

You can get nervous for no reason, scared to look in a closet or room when you shouldnt, or get tingling feelings in your body when you are in a place you know you should not be.

My father used to check out houses and apartments for people (my mom told me that) for the exact same purpose.

I have never seen anything (gosh I hope I never do) but I hear stuff and feel stuff. Does not scare me so much that I am going to run away like a fool. LOL

Does not happen all the time. I know that I will NEVER go on the third floor of this antique place Chelsea and I frequent again. NEVER. I did not like it..at all. Made me feel like I was going to pass out.

I have had a couple of strange experiences like that...my mother has had even more. I guess I inherited it from her. I think I would experience more if I got more "in tune" with myself.

Probably the one I remember the most was all the way back in high school and I had been having a bad day. I was on the bus going home and something just told me that "something" else was going to happen that day. Shortly after I got home, Mom told me she was taking Daddy to the hospital. He ended up staying there for almost 2 weeks.

My mother swears that she wasn't having one of her experiences on this one, but I disagree with her as there is no other explanation for her statement...in my opinion. Back at the end of August of 2004, I was sick, I thought it was the stomach flu, but it had lasted several days. I called Mom, who is a nurse and has been for 30 years. I was talking to her about it and she asked me what was causing it...it was very close to how I feel when I'm pregnant, but one of the kids was sick the week before with a stomach flu and hubby and I hadn't been using ANY birth control for over 2 years with no results...I told her that I didn't think I was pregnant because I wasn't late. She told me that my oldest child Samantha, and the only girl, would love a baby sister. I decided the next day to do a pregnancy test and sure enough, I was pregnant. My beautiful baby girl, Jessica, was born less than 8 months later. Turns out that the "period" I had had the month before was false, I was pregnant already.

Terri