Another Newbie - with a Garfield!

cdalzell

Well my kit arrived yesterday.

I am making a doll house for my new grand daugther. I know it's a little early (she is only 6 moths old) but I am counting on it taking a few years to get it completed and furnished. I plan on upgrading and making some changes to it as I go along - like the upgraded windows kit; also I believe I will be adding real balusters and newel post to the basic Greenleaf staircases and trying to fit some better doors - should be fun. I like to build things so I am not afraid of jumping in with both feet. I am glad to have found this forum as the folks here appear to be enthusiastic and helpful - a great combination.

I'll post some photos as I go along.

Colin

Welcome to the forum!!

The Garfield is a great house. it is also the one I plan on doing for my Granddaughter who is 14 months old in 2 days. I want to turn it into a castle. with the tower and the roof lines I think it would look so grand.

Im looking forward to watching your progress.

glad you found us.

nutti :blink:

Oh yeah, the instructions are a blast. My advice, big utility knife to finish the cuts in the diecut sheets, and a palm sander. A Dremel's also nice. And a BIG work surface, the footprint on this thing is huge.

Welcome to the forums! And I must say you picked the PERFECT house to work on for a long period of time! I started my garfield in december and there is jsut so many options and extra features you can add on it it. It's truly a marvolous house and I cannot wait to see what you do with it! I have posted pics step by step on my webshots site that is linked bellow this post. I hope it helps. feel free to Private message me anytime with quetions are anything like that!