The devil named Joe Petcka

Rhonda from the Bluegrass

As I am sure all of you have seen on the news, an actor named Joe Petcka (a.k.a. vile example of humanity) recently committed an unthinkable act of brutality against a defenseless little 7 pound cat named Norman. He not only brutally murdered this tiny creature, he battered him unmercifully . . . broken ribs, broken teeth, ripped tongue, internal bleeding, etc. . . This was all done in a drunken rage because he thought his girlfriend loved her cat more than she did him. No doubt she did. I sure would have. Sadly, "Joe Human Mutant" had some low down scum piece of trash lawyer who obviously didn't give a fig for the misery the cat suffered who managed to get him off. This low life actor showed a picture of a scratch on one of his fingers and claimed he was "defending himself". Well, I have 5 cats and I can tell you - that scratch doesn't have the look of an "attack", merely the look of the poor cat trying to defend itself. I cannot comprehend a world where our society allows this to happen - especially to allow it to happen UNPUNISHED. I am trying to think of a way to create such outcry about this that the miserable b______ that did this will NEVER get any acting work again. I think the lawyer should be punished also. I read accounts of what he said about the case, and he was an evil example of humanity too. So, what do you think . . . could we get a petition started, asking that he be banned from the acting community? America needs to do something to get some form of "justice" (although there could never be justice enough for poor Norman) for this poor little cat!!! I am also furious at the lone juror who refused to find the defendant guilty - he ALONE felt that it was o.k. to batter, beat, and murder a defenseless creature. VILE HUMAN SPECIMEN!!! He was the only juror that didn't think Joe Petcka should receive punishment. He vehemently refused to find him guilty, despite the fact the testimonies, pictures, and even defendant statements pointed out a horrible and irrefutable picture of what happened. I just hope the defendant, lawyer, and that one juror all get what is coming to them!

I too was and am angered. This jerk got off scrott free. I certainly hope that woman never sees him again. Poor kitty was terribly beaten. I was sick when I read the reports online and in the newspaper. Terrible fiend. A tiny scratch. I look at my fat spoiled brats that Doug better not touch in any way shape or form, and cringe for the poor kitty. Well he's at the Rainbow Bridge right now and probably better off. He looked like the sweetist thing in his photos. I hate cruelty to children and animals.

Wow, I have not seen this. What a creep. But you know there are people - lots and lots of them - who don't put any value on an animal's life. Just go to any shelter anytime. While I was there several animals were brought in. One was a gorgeous, well taken care of cat. The lady's sister had brought a new baby home the day before and said the cat had to go. She didn't want the cat by the baby. The lady was obviously upset with her sister.

I'm really upset about this - I didn't hear anything about it until I read this thread. :(

I'm not familiar with the actor, but I will boycott any movie or television show that he might be in! That poor, poor little cat. I really hope Karma gets this guy, and good. Maybe there's a cat lover out there who is violent enough to "teach" this actor a "lesson". Yes, I know, violence is wrong. Apparently Joe doesn't know this yet, and needs a "demonstration".

I'm really upset about this - I didn't hear anything about it until I read this thread. :(

I'm not familiar with the actor, but I will boycott any movie or television show that he might be in! That poor, poor little cat. I really hope Karma gets this guy, and good. Maybe there's a cat lover out there who is violent enough to "teach" this actor a "lesson". Yes, I know, violence is wrong. Apparently Joe doesn't know this yet, and needs a "demonstration".

I don't even care if it's wrong . . . I've been hoping that very thing. This human mutant shouldn't even be allowed the privilege of existing, as far as I am concerned!

Where's PETA when you need them?

Of course there is no way to stop something heinous like this happening . . . no way to control what goes on behind closed private doors. But, the ASPCA DID prosecute this human piece of garbage, and ONE LONE JUROR refused to find him guilty (apparently thought this kind of brutality is o.k.), so the bast___ walked free. I am more than mad. I just emailed the nasty attorney who represented him (on t.v., he said the only thing that mattered was what was in his client's heart!) Can you believe that? Obviously, the only thing in that guy's so-called heart was hate, evil, and brutality. The attorney's email address is : CrimDefend@aol.com I hope some more of you will email him, like I did. The attorney's name is Charles S. Hochbaum. I was so mad I didn't even bother addressing him with Mr. My email was pretty straight to the point, but I think he needed to hear it. Also, I have joined a group called IHeartPaws - that is a place that this topic is being discussed and you can see posts about it there. I feel that people that do care about things like this MUST take a stand! I am ready and willing to fight this innocent verdict, and try to do my part to see to it that this SOB doesn't get to enjoy the cushy life he has enjoyed up to this point. Frankly, I would be proud to keep him from getting any more acting gigs. If he ends up homeless, that's a small price to pay for what he did!

In FL animal cruelty is a felony and if the perps get caught they do prison time.

It's a felony in New York, too and he would have gotten punishment except for one single juror that apparently thought it was fine and dandy to brutally murder an animal. This defendant's attorney is a total jerk too . . . I emailed him and got a stupid reply from him.

I found this on IMDB.com when I searched his name under the forum running information on him (make note of what movies to NOT watch!!)

Please send letters to the District Attorney, to re-try the case and get justice served for Norman. It's not too late! They are deciding this right now, please take action!

Send letters to:

Manhattans District Attorney's Office

One Hogan Place

New York, NY 10013

212-335-9000

This was posted three days ago - so maybe not too late?

Hold the phone, People! He was not acquitted, it was a hung jury. He can be retried--IF the prosecutor decides to do so. Rather than write his defense attorney, wouldn't it accomplish more to contact the prosecutor? Write to:

Manhattans District Attorney's Office

One Hogan Place

New York, NY 10013

212-335-9000

As for boycotting this guy for roles, the industry has pretty much ignored him, anyway. According to IMDB, from 1999 to 2006 he's only had 7 minor roles, and nothing at all in over two years. He was a failure as a baseball player, a failure as an actor, and he's a failure as a human being.

I'll be writing tomorrow too. Plus, that loser of an attorney does seem to get p.o.'d enough to respond to emails . . . I figure every time he has to read one, it is at least that much. So, his name is charles hochbaum (no capital letters for this non-entity) and you can email him at CrimDefend@aol.com He was so proud of the fact he represented this SOB for free! It burns me up every time I think about it!!!!! I also called the Georgia Pacific company because this idiot did Brawny commercials for them, and I told them if they use any of his commercials EVER again (because I figure he gets royaltys on them), I will NEVER, EVER use Brawny again. Did I mean it? ABSOLUTELY. Plus, I am going to contact the Sex and the City people and tell them how I feel about the episodes with him in them. I just can't let this one sit. Defenseless animals are being brutalized all over our nation, and our so-called justice system is NOT helping them. Action MUST be taken . . . I will not rest until I make a difference in this case, and hopefully others as well. Quite frankly, I would happily give this pathetic human specimen the death penalty if I could. The method? Beating until all ribs and teeth are broken, tongue ripped out, and internal bleeding . . . the same that poor Norman got. Too harsh? I don't think so - Norman didn't do ANYTHING and he got it.

I have been reading about this case daily in the NY Post.

Part of the reason why it was a hung jury (and it took 5 days to deliberate) was a NY felony animal-cruelty law that requires jurors to infer whether Petcka intended to cause Norman "extreme physical pain" as he kicked away. The jurors had a hard time with interpreting the way the law is written in terms of the case. The law is set up more for dog fighting a.ka. Michael Vick.

(I am not saying he does not deserve to go to jail. Just stating why it took so long for them to come to a decision)

If you want to read the whole story about it you can go to the NY Post online and type in cat killer trial. It will show you all the articles from beginning to end.

Some local kids got a year of community service for microwaving a cat, that makes me sick, i understand the cat is not human however, they should get more than that. to top it off, apparently we have a serial cat killer according to the paper a while ago, I haven't checked it in at least a weak.

I proudly signed it too! What a sleezebag. Steel Toed Biker Boots? Against little Norman? How cruel. I only pray Norman died quickly and didn't suffer. What is done after you are dead you cannot feel. I'm sure Norman felt a lot. And he was declawed too. So how did he get a scratch? I wanna swear! But I won't do it here. But if you hear words on the wind, it's me......