The devil named Joe Petcka

Rhonda from the Bluegrass

Add my name to that list. I signed it earlier today. I love animals and from my experience with them, that cat would have ran off from him after the first swat or what ever he did. There was no cause for him to beat that poor cat like that. Remember, what ever good you do, you will get it back 3 fold; what ever bad will come back you ten fold. Karma will have her way with him sooner or later. She will wait till the time is right.

Do ask your friends and family to sign the petition as well but remember that a petition in no way replaces letter and emails to the district attorney asking to retry the case.

The expense of a second trial is usually the reason cases like this are not retried. To me the 'bigger picture" is that a society really can be measured by how it treats it weakest members, this does include animals, especially our pets. In cases like the society needs to demand justice. I say this because I am fairly confident that abuse this savage is not on one time out of nowhere event. It is almost certain that this loser is not just an animal abuser but abused women as well. Like most of us, some day, he will have children as well.

Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) represents stage actors; the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) covers actors motion pictures. AEA does does have a public central email listing but you can send messages through their web page. Both groups do have an ethics code and it is possible that a member can be suspended for violating them. AEA does have codes for personal conduct.

AEA NEW YORK CITY

165 West 46th Street

New York, NY 10036

212-869-8530

fax: 212-719-9815

SAG New York Division

360 Madison Avenue, 12th Floor

New York, New York 10017

(212) 944-1030 Main Switchboard

General Questions

Email saginfo@sag.org

I am actively involved in several animal protection projects mostly to do with commercial puppy farming (ie puppy mills). I spend a great deal of time following animal related court cases and my experience is that even if convicted, over 90% of animal abuser, get fines and/or a legal slap on the wrist. PETA and HSA are lobbing groups and both to be credited with advocating for the current federal laws to protect animals from abuse like this. Now it is up to states to actually start enforcing them uniformly. Laws in many states consider pets to be property. This means if someone kills your pet, even on purpose, all they are liable for is the actual cost of replacement.

Signing the petition may or may not work. Online petitions are basically slacktivism. They are quick and easy, only take a moment of your time, and because little time or effort involved in creating them or signing them. Executives and public officials are aware of this, and thus they usually go ignored by the recipients. They are better than doing nothing, but not much.

If you really want to get the DA's attention, write a good, old fashioned LETTER! It will take time and materials to write, and will cost you the price of a stamp, and you'll have to walk it to a mail box. In other words, some (minor) cost, time and effort. But believe me, bags and bags of mail are much harder for a public official to ignore than a single emailed document.

I just love you guys for caring about this topic like I do. I did do the on-line petition, I've made phone calls, I've sent a lengthy letter to the attorney who represented the case . . . well, here it is actually and his reply:

I made no money on this case I defended Joe because I believe in the american syatem of justice unlike you

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:14:47 -0400

To: <CrimDefend@aol.com>

Subject: Joe Petcka case

Hochbaum:

While I understand that you make huge amounts of money defending human refuse, I must tell you that I found your own behaviour during the Joe Petcka fiasco very disturbing. I saw you on t.v., saying that what mattered was what was "in his heart". The fact you could even say that without choking proves that your "heart" is as black as his alleged heart. Joe Petcka (useless mutant) does NOT have a heart. There is no way he could commit such a heinous act if he did. Furthermore, it is unthinkable that he should be able to get by with this without paying the highest possible price for his deeds. Frankly, I think Joe Petcka, you, and that one lone "juror" should all be subjected to stiff prosecution. While I am sure you will all continue to walk free and somehow manage to convince yourself that you are real humans, I fervently pray that you will all get what is coming to you. If lightening were to strike you all dead, I would go out and buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate. It is my opinion that Joe Petcka is a low-intellect, drunken jackass. Poor Norman could not defend himself against this non-entity and I am mortally offended by the fact that people such as yourself and Joe Petcka even exist. As far as that SOB thinking his girl friend preferred the cat over him . . . well of course she did. Who wouldn't? I would prefer dog feces over him.

In reference to one previous email you received about this matter (yes, I have seen both the original text of that email and your response which infuriated me), I can assure you that (like that previous sender) I don't have "extra time" . . . I am probably even busier than you are! And, this isn't a "diatribe". It simply boils down to the simple fact that things like this DO MATTER TREMENDOUSLY, and those few people left that are real HUMANS must take a stand against brutality, stupidity, and shoddy legal prosecution. I can't help but wonder if you paid that juror off. I think a lot of people wonder that.

This matter isn't over. Even as I write this, I know that people are trying to come up with legally sanctioned methods to see to it that Joe Petcka pays the price . . . hopefully, we can make this heinous act and our viewpoint about it so well known that no one would want to offer him an acting job ever again . . . not even for the smallest t.v. commercial. Perhaps he will end up homeless . . . that would be super. Many of us HATE him, HATE you, and HATE that idiot juror - I don't know even one person who wishes any of you well. Perhaps you can live with yourself - I am just glad that you will eventually have to answer for yourself. You might not believe in judgment day, but I believe it will come to you. In the meantime, walk the streets proudly (hell yes, I mean that in a facetious manner). . . knowing that America sees you for what you are. I wouldn't be in your shoes for all the money in the world. Some things aren't about money (news to you, isn't it???) . . . some things are about RIGHT AND WRONG. I actually feel sorry for you - how sad to be an educated idiot.

Rhonda M. Guy,

Lexington, KY

AND, I absolutely AM going to write physical letters to everyone that might have influence. As you can see by original letter to the idiot attorney, I feel VERY strongly about this horrific crime.

well, here it is actually and his reply:

I made no money on this case I defended Joe because I believe in the american syatem of justice unlike you

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

That just shows you how bone-chillingly accurate all the lawyer jokes are.

And to edit his response: If I can keep a guy outta jail for something like this, imagine what I can do for you for the right price!

Gag.

OH MY GOSH. It still amazes me how awful people can be. And this stupid lawyer thinks he believes in the justice system? It's because of stuff like this that our country is in the mess it's in today. I could go on and on, but I'll try to stay off the soapbox.

Wendy, many serial killers started out being cruel to animals, it is one of the things that police look for in someone's past when trying to ID who the killer is. They look for it as the possible suspect was teenage though.

In someone with a more "normal" mind, not someone who is psychopathic like a serial killer, I don't know anything about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that while what this jerk did was horribly wrong and cruel, and he will get his, I wouldn't look for him to become a serial killer either.

Terri

Sort of off the subject but about defense attorney's. The attorney defends the "father" of the two (of nine) kids I have in fostercare makes the exact same claim, that he is simply "defending *******'s civil/constitutional rights" He is a member of our religious community and should have recused himself, instead he is all of a sudden trying to be friendly with us, even though he had lived around the corner for the entire time we have lived in this house and our only contact has been him calling the police to complain about our friend/contractors RV that was parked on private property. He is pitching the idea that the parents are "misunderstood" but reall they are "good" people. I an the one who deals the endless mental health, medical and dental appointments that are the result of these peoples neglect and abuse, not to mention frequent night terrors.

This attorney's other big trial is a pedophile meth addict who originally was arrested for animal abuse related to her puppy mill opperation. There where actually dead animals in the house where she lived with four kids and her current "fiancee". During the dog raid then they found p*** tapes with her own children in it all over the house and on line too.

While I agree that everyone deserves a fair trail it is strange that the attorney's who are willing to provide it to human garbage are often cut from the same cloth as their clients.

Oooh, I do like the 22 up the butt, it would serve that guy right! I hate animal abuse and cruelty with all my heart. Even in jest, I cannot tolerate it.

The actor should exit stage right......

Yah know honestly if he can do this with out feeling what to stop him from killing a human? THEN they would care, I understand that animals aren't human but crimes of any kind especially of brutal violence should not get virtual unpunished. His lawyer is almost as bad. It makes me sick, I maybe Canadian, but our justice system is not a lot better when it comes to pets or animals, I had one customer with a rottweiler A very nice dog friendly, very personable but he only had three legs the poor dog was scared of the floor. B) I gues what happened is a stray bullet ended up in his leg, he wondered for about a month or two, till a local shelter who dosen't euthanize, took him in. If they caught the guys their would be not much of a penalty other crimes can be pinned agaisnt them IMO