Is anybody else trying to lose some pounds?

SuzyQ

i am SO motivated and ready to go today. Started my day off with a sugar free red bull and a bowl of cereal and im ready to go! day 4 for me and im still going strong! good luck to all of your today :thumb:

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far so good for me. I had a bowl of cereal, and just had a serving of tuna helper for lunch. Jenny I hope you are proud of me I didn't pig out on it last night.

I actually got through last night without binging.

So far so good for me. I had a bowl of cereal, and just had a serving of tuna helper for lunch. Jenny I hope you are proud of me I didn't pig out on it last night.

I actually got through last night without binging.

suzy thats great news! i am SO proud of you! thats a huge step and i know it will pay off :blush: tuna helper is one of my favs so i know how hard it is to resist. especially left overs YUM!

im so proud of you!

i got on the scale this morning and ive lost 3.5 pounds so far since monday!! whooo hoo! guess me not eating the pizza at the pizza party at work yesterday paid off! lol hooray for salad! :)

Great Work Jenny!!!

I blew it last night. Was on here looking for all the clues and snacked away. LOL I told David not to tell you but I am telling on myself.

Today is a new day and so far all I have had is veggie egg beaters and right now I am eating curly chicken noodle soup. I still am feeling really icky so I thought it might make me feel better. Oh just tasted it. Ick gonna have to add more pepper. My taste buds aren't working due to this cold. LOL

I’m sorry your still sick! That’s no fun at all! O man im seriously trying not to blow it today. I am starving and I already ate my budget of calores for this morning. Gotta try to hold off 2 more hours tell lunch time. Yikes!! Lol

O and honestly is the best policy ,lol that’s good that your coming clean, cause I have found in the past by me saying im doing good and not I am not helping myself at all. But you are total helping yourself! And I think you are doing great!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
drink alot of water!

You need 2 liters/ quarts/ day to replace what your body normally processes out (3+ in hot/ humid weather); water, NOT "fluids"

and eat alot of protien!
Actually you need only 2-3 servings/ day of proteins that replace the essential amino acids your body doesn't make on its own.

no carbs, or sugar!

sugar = carbs (sugars are complex carbohydrates) and your body requires 9 grams of carbs/day for energy.

and exercise!
If you exercise strenuously you need to increase your SIMPLE carb intake (rice, pasta, bread) by one to two servings/ day.

You'll lose weight fast!

Water weight loss accounts for the initial rapic weight loss. Even increasing your daily water intake will not put it back, you need to keep hydrated for your kidneys to process out all the junk that accumulates, including those fatty molecules!

Not mentioned: Try to decrease your intake of FAT (use fat-free subs, try to use less butter/ spreads, trim it off your meat/ fish/ poultry, stop frying, especially deep-frying, your food.

Your body stores excess carbs as fat, and the only time stored fat is burned by the body as fuel is when you're starning yourself and by then your body is also breaking down the protein in your muscles; the extra water you drink will help flush out the fat without damaging your body.

It's OK to eat, and to eat well, just have to change what it is that you eat, and/or how you cook/prepare it.

Exercise works only if you do it every day for at least half an hour, so find something that's FUN to do; walk, hike, bike, run, paddle... PLAY!

Water weight loss accounts for the initial rapic weight loss. Even increasing your daily water intake will not put it back, you need to keep hydrated for your kidneys to process out all the junk that accumulates, including those fatty molecules!

Not mentioned: Try to decrease your intake of FAT (use fat-free subs, try to use less butter/ spreads, trim it off your meat/ fish/ poultry, stop frying, especially deep-frying, your food.

Your body stores excess carbs as fat, and the only time stored fat is burned by the body as fuel is when you're starning yourself and by then your body is also breaking down the protein in your muscles; the extra water you drink will help flush out the fat without damaging your body.

It's OK to eat, and to eat well, just have to change what it is that you eat, and/or how you cook/prepare it.

Exercise works only if you do it every day for at least half an hour, so find something that's FUN to do; walk, hike, bike, run, paddle... PLAY!

That is true Holly....I'm still losing weight.....I want be weighing in again till friday......

losing weight the fast way is not good for your body.....if I loose fast I gain it all back.....I've been dieting along time and have lost alot of weight....I'm doing it slow and it is staying off....

Man I have eaten so much the last few weeks!!! My stomach is so full. I think I have finally had my fill of junk food. I am more than ready to get back on my diet!!!!

I noticed the diet ads on tv have doubled already. I guess they are getting ready for all of those New Years resolutions.

I think I will start a fresh new weight loss thread come Monday, for all of us ready to get back in the game. (that way we won't have so many pages to go through.)

I think I will start a fresh new weight loss thread come Monday
Probably a good idea for a fresh start for the new year!

losing weight the fast way is not good for your body

Very true, Ellen. The lose-gain-lose-gain yoyo wreaks havoc by stressing all your body's systems. That's why I was so concerned about how quickly you were losing there for a while, and for your loss of appetite.

For a diet to work it has to involve a more or less permanent change in eating habits and food choices as well as life styles. Each one of us is a uique individual and our bodies won't all respond to the same diet or exercise regimen (which is why you should ALWAYS consult a physician before starting on any diet or exercise regimen).