Natalie`s 15th birthday preparations have begun.

heidiiiii

I am in my pajamas still and I just finished covering 12 apples with caramel. I will wrap them and keep them in the fridge.

Next is making cookies.

Fred`s vacation starts on Friday and then the real fun begins. Carpet shampooing, hiding clutter, killing dust bunnies (do they have to scream so loudly?)

Her birthday is on Oct. 28th and she will have family dinner, cake, and present. I have to remember to take Chelsea out to get her a gift.

On Friday (Halloween) is her all girl slumber party with trick or treating. I know I have lost my mind but what happened to the sense in Fred and Chelsea`s brains?

There will be four girls (not including Nat) congregating in the livingroom from 5pm-11am. The weather channel says we are going to have beautiful warm weather next week..Thanks! No freezing teens to hear complain.

At least I will have people to help pass out to the trick or treaters!

What a wonderful age, almost a woman but still having glimpses of a child. My granddaughter will be 13 in Nov. and I am looking forward to her teen years. Wish her happy Birthday for me. And you be sure to take time to create lots of memories for both of you.

Heidi, I send you courage, patience and lots of hugs to get you through your birthday bash! But truly what fun! And before you know it, she will be off on her own....and you will miss those birthday thingies!

You can do it! I know you can!

I know I know.

They will be sleeping in the livingroom so they will have the oscillating heater to keep them warm overnight.

I will survive *channeling my best Gloria Gaynor*

What a wonderful age, almost a woman but still having glimpses of a child.

It is a wonderful age Pat. I just have to survive the hormonal tsunamis that roll in. Teen girls act like they want to star in a remake of Sybil or Three Faces of Eve. (both good movies btw) She can be so wonderful at times. I will be okay. I dealt with Chelsea, I can deal with Natalie.

I am doing this party because I want her to have a great memory and it will make all these girls feel better since no one has any money. The majority of these girls are the same or worse off financially. Nat even told them that if they cannot bring a present, they can still come. I did not tell her this. She did it on her own.

I am not spending alot either. I have been hitting sales on junk food (hiding it), making the cake from scratch, free entertainment (trick or treating, evening parade, and scary movies on tv). The only thing I am spending money on is the sheet pizza and breakfast in the morning.

I joke about slumber parties but they are fun. If you have young girls, you should at least let them have one of them in their childhood. I do not have boys so I do not know if it has the same allure to them.

I have a fight going on in the house.

Chelsea, Natalie, and I want a vegan cake for Nat`s birthday. Fred wants a regular cake. He says he can tell..LOL You cannot tell. If I did not tell you it was vegan, you would never know...and I know cake!

The saga continues.....

I have a fight going on in the house.

Chelsea, Natalie, and I want a vegan cake for Nat`s birthday. Fred wants a regular cake. He says he can tell..LOL You cannot tell. If I did not tell you it was vegan, you would never know...and I know cake!

The saga continues.....

Hmmm... Welllll over here the B-day "kid" gets to decide the cake variety so I vote Fred has a no vote LOL Hehe.. Hubby hates when I say that LOL but most often he enjoys it when he tries it :giggle: That was the case with the carrot cake, nowadays a favourite of his as well (lovley cream cheese topping on that, yum, it has been a loooong time since we had that...)

Hugs and good luck in the cake process!

I joke about slumber parties but they are fun. If you have young girls, you should at least let them have one of them in their childhood. I do not have boys so I do not know if it has the same allure to them.

I will get to know what you are going through in a few years. My oldest that is living in Colorado will be 13 in March, my twins will be 8 in May, the youngest girl will be 5 in April and my only son will be 3 in May. I feel so bad for him. Surrounded by all these hormones while I am at work. My wife can't wait till the days of slumber parties start. Me and the boy will be gone those nights somewhere don't know yet.

Carrot cake's vegan if you replace the eggs in the cake and creamcheese for the frosting and use veggie oil. A brownsugar frosting is also good on carrot cake.

I can make any cake vegan. You replace the eggs with either tofu (blended thin) or Ener-G egg replacer. If it is a chocolate cake, I have to use dark chocolate with no milk in it.

There is a vegan cream cheeze. I have made frosting with it and it tasted really good. Pillsbury`s frosting in the can is vegan (except the cream cheese flavor).

I could also make cooked frosting.

Except for the frosting...it is a very low calorie dessert..fat content is very low.

It seems like it is alot of work but it really isnt. I like making cakes from scratch (instead of out of the box). Nat wants a chocolate cake with white frosting...3 layers.

He is just being a PIA..LOL

4 days!

Well actually 2 days until her actual birthday. But 4 days until all heck breaks loose. Going to be leaving here soon to get the steam cleaner rental.

Fred was a good dooby and cleaned the kitchen yesterday. I am going to make lots of cookies today. I also have to bring in all the pumpkins. There are six small ones for the staircase and 3 large ones. I want them to warm up so we do not freeze our hands hollowing them out on Thursday. I am going to make a bleach/water solution and spray the insides to prevent a fruit fly attack outside.

We came up with a compromise to the cake solution. Vegan cake for her actual birthday, regular cake (cupcakes) for the party.

I am going to start stringing lights today too. I have my usual halloween decor outside. I have 20 stakes with brass pumpkin votives hanging. I put votive candles in them to light the way to the front door. I usually do corn stalks but I never got around to getting them this year.

Today is her 15th birthday and I have her cake cooking as I type.

I have her proof from this years school pics (i will buy her senior pics when the time comes).

This is from last month.

Look what a difference a year makes.

We let her open her iTouch last night. She was very very excited. She wanted to sync her iTunes onto it right away. Fred is happy too...he inherited her iPod..LOL

Tonite will be chinese take out and the four of us are playing a board game. This was the birthday girls choice.

She isnt my baby anymore.

Heidii, she is a beautiful girl with the sweetest looking facw, but what the heck are those things coming out of her mouth?

Ugh..Yeah, she has got snake bites. Fred and I are hoping they are just a phase...as in phase out! LOL

We had a nice quiet b-day party last night. Take out chinese, cake, and a good game of Apples to Apples. Then House came on. She was happy. Now she is going to be bugging me till the ends of the earth...Driver`s Permit. :p

I have been putting it off long enough..cookie making today. Tollhouse, old fashioned peanut butter, and Oatmeal raisin.

We have some great movies lined up for them to watch...The Exorcist, The Shining, Psycho, original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Nat also taped a bunch of modern scary movies too.

I carved the small pumpkins for the stairs outside last night. I tested them out and they look good.

It is almost over. Teenagers spread all over the livingroom floor. I cleaned up most of the mess earlier. Pretty soon I will be preparing some bacon. I do not want to wake them up yet.

Do you know that I was soooo exhausted that I did not take ONE picture of them? NOT ONE! Oh well.

They ate two 24 piece pizzas. I had 2 and Fred had 2-3 pieces total. 48 pieces minus 5 pieces equals 43 pieces. Girls are pigs..ROFL

We got one trick or treater. That is so sad. All that decorating for one kid. I think this is my last year for decorating outside. I will always carve pumpkins but no more of the other stuff.

I have a HUGE bowl of candy. Fred will probably bring the majority to work with him on Monday.

Now it is time to think of Thanksgiving and Christmas...