The Haunting at Greenleaf castle........

kellee

Welcome to "The Haunting of Greenleaf's Castle." This is an interactive Halloween mystery and all Greenleafers in residence are welcome to join and explore as much as you like. Be careful where you wander because the Scarlet Dragon stands guard at the castle together with Terrifying Maddie, the 3-headed watchdog,and the terrifying Monsterface, the watchcat. If you stray off the path, they might put you in the castle dungeon.

The adventure begins with the ominous sound of a doorbell. Ding Ding DONG. It's a telegram for Nancy . The telegram is from Pandora Poltergeist. It's an urgent but cryptic message. In fact, it's a cryptogram message:

ANPF HPHSQ RPUFNC:

UPRNZTTRNFM SPMEVN LM DPCHENA ZQ UDTMEM. CN HNNA QTCF DNVB. BVNPMN STRN LRRNALPENVQ.

MLHSNFNVQ,

BPHATFP, UPFANH TJ BCKKVLHU ANVLUDEM.

Ms. Nancy immediately packs her bags and books the next flight to Greenleaf land. Auntiegram's Taxi is waiting at the airport to whisk Nancy to Greenleaf Castle. It's a dark and stormy night. Lightning flashes across the sky. The rain pounds the roof of the taxi like a demented drummer as the wind howls and swirls. The taxi driver, Nan Nightowl drives in silence, her eyes staring straight ahead like a zombie. In the distance, a flash of lightning reveals Greenleafs Castle sitting at the top of a hill, surrounded by a tall stone wall. The turrets of the castle reach up to the sky like the bony fingers of a skeleton. Nancy thinks, "I wish my flight arrived at noon instead of midnight. This is really spooky." The taxi pulls up to the gate but it's locked. There's a sign posted on the gate. "No Gremlins or Smileys Allowed!" "Uh-oh" says Nancy. "I'd better remember not to use any Gremlins or Smileys while I'm here. I'd much rather sleep in a comfy warm bed than wind up in the dungeon." There's a keypad to enter a password but Nan Nightowl has forgotten the code. Nancy rolls down the window and reaches for the keypad. "Can you at least give me a hint for the access code?" Nan Nightowl thinks for a moment, then recalls "It's the name of a dreadful disease that commonly afflicts Greenleafers." Nancy thinks for a few minutes and her nimble fingers hit the ......................

(OK, We're off and running on our Halloween Adventure. It's somebody elses turn to pick up the story. Be sure to add a Halloween flourish to the names of our characters.) _________________________

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons ...

for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

kellee

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to "The Haunting of Greenleaf's Castle." This is an interactive Halloween mystery and all Greenleafers in residence are welcome to join and explore as much as you like. Be careful where you wander because the Scarlet Dragon stands guard at the castle together with Terrifying Maddie, the 3-headed watchdog,and the terrifying Monsterface, the watchcat. If you stray off the path, they might put you in the castle dungeon.

The adventure begins with the ominous sound of a doorbell. Ding Ding DONG. It's a telegram for Nancy . The telegram is from Pandora Poltergeist. It's an urgent but cryptic message. In fact, it's a cryptogram message:

ANPF HPHSQ RPUFNC:

UPRNZTTRNFM SPMEVN LM DPCHENA ZQ UDTMEM. CN HNNA QTCF DNVB. BVNPMN STRN LRRNALPENVQ.

MLHSNFNVQ,

Ms. Nancy immediately packs her bags and books the next flight to Greenleaf land. Auntiegram's Taxi is waiting at the airport to whisk Nancy to Greenleaf Castle. It's a dark and stormy night. Lightning flashes across the sky. The rain pounds the roof of the taxi like a demented drummer as the wind howls and swirls. The taxi driver, Nan Nightowl drives in silence, her eyes staring straight ahead like a zombie. In the distance, a flash of lightning reveals Greenleafs Castle sitting at the top of a hill, surrounded by a tall stone wall. The turrets of the castle reach up to the sky like the bony fingers of a skeleton. Nancy thinks, "I wish my flight arrived at noon instead of midnight. This is really spooky." The taxi pulls up to the gate but it's locked. There's a sign posted on the gate. "No Gremlins or Smileys Allowed!" "Uh-oh" says Nancy. "I'd better remember not to use any Gremlins or Smileys while I'm here. I'd much rather sleep in a comfy warm bed than wind up in the dungeon." There's a keypad to enter a password but Nan Nightowl has forgotten the code. Nancy rolls down the window and reaches for the keypad. "Can you at least give me a hint for the access code?" Nan Nightowl thinks for a moment, then recalls "It's the name of a dreadful disease that commonly afflicts Greenleafers." Nancy thinks for a few minutes and her nimble fingers hit the ......................

(OK, We're off and running on our Halloween Adventure. It's somebody elses turn to pick up the story. Be sure to add a Halloween flourish to the names of our characters.) _________________________

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons ...

for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

kellee

first letter of the code bads (buy all dollhouses syndrome) she types. With a horrible shriek the gate begins to open. Nan Nightowl drives up the long approach to the castle and stops. "You'll have to get out yourself and carry your own luggage," she says."I'm not getting out here." True to her word as soon as Nancy got out and got her suitcase the taxi took off and disappeared into the night.

Nancy turned and started to walk across the bridge that crossed the mote and led to the huge archway leading to the castle courtyard. Ahead, on the other side of the archway she saw a faint light and what looked like the dark figure of a man or woman. As she approached the arch ...........

It became clear that it was a young female, with the face of a cat, The cat lady looked her in the eye and handed her a Garfield out of her pouch on her belt and said build it but let it not be like the box you must build bigger and taller, she handed her a Harrison, out of a small pouch on her belt. Nancy asked what else do you have in there? All in time she said, all in time. . .

An eerie howl split the air."What was that sound?" Nan asked."Why it's Wolfie our resident dollhouse guard "the mysterious woman replied.Wolfie sniffed the air and nodded.All of a sudden more and more mystical creatures appeared.There was a very "Shy Spirit" and the ever present "Selkie".Whoosh....

They quickly hustled Nancy through a sullyport in the castle wall and intoo a large, well appointed room with a nice, large table and a selection of rotary tools, masking tape and wood glue. "Quick, quick, get to work," the others urged Nancy, and she tore open the Garfield box, only to find...

where are you going they all called after her. "I have to find wood glue," she said. " Just the thought of hot glue makes me nauseous."

"Wood glue is the magic phrase," declares Shy Spirit twirling so fast that her full skirt looked like a thin line instead of an article of clothing.

Stopping in her tracks Nancy turned to face them. "The magic phrase?" she questioned.

"Yes" Wolfe said. "Now..........

Here is the story so far:

ANPF HPHSQ RPUFNC:

MLHSNFNVQ,

first letter of the code bads (buy all dollhouses syndrome) she types. With a horrible shriek the gate begins to open. Nan Nightowl drives up the long approach to the castle and stops. "You'll have to get out yourself and carry your own luggage," she says."I'm not getting out here." True to her word as soon as Nancy got out and got her suitcase the taxi took off and disappeared into the night.

Nancy turned and started to walk across the bridge that crossed the mote and led to the huge archway leading to the castle courtyard. Ahead, on the other side of the archway she saw a faint light and what looked like the dark figure of a man or woman. As she approached the arch ...........

It became clear that it was a young female, with the face of a cat, The cat lady looked her in the eye and handed her a Garfield out of her pouch on her belt and said build it but let it not be like the box you must build bigger and taller, she handed her a Harrison, out of a small pouch on her belt. Nancy asked what else do you have in there? All in time she said, all in time. . .

An eerie howl split the air."What was that sound?" Nan asked."Why it's Wolfie our resident dollhouse guard "the mysterious woman replied.Wolfie sniffed the air and nodded.All of a sudden more and more mystical creatures appeared.There was a very "Shy Spirit" and the ever present "Selkie".Whoosh....

They quickly hustled Nancy through a sullyport in the castle wall and intoo a large, well appointed room with a nice, large table and a selection of rotary tools, masking tape and wood glue. "Quick, quick, get to work," the others urged Nancy, and she tore open the Garfield box, only to find...

the dreaded hot glue gun! OH NO cried Nan as she ran from the room.......

where are you going they all called after her. "I have to find wood glue," she said. " Just the thought of hot glue makes me nauseous."

"Wood glue is the magic phrase," declares Shy Spirit twirling so fast that her full skirt looked like a thin line instead of an article of clothing.

Stopping in her tracks Nancy turned to face them. "The magic phrase?" she questioned.

"Yes" Wolfe said. "Now.........

add another chapter to the story

B A D S. Nacy runs in to the room with arms full of wood glue and baskets of masking tape, Yes theyu all chant dry fit dry fit dry fit. . . Then suddenly walks in the cat lady followed be the big bad wolf carrying a couple large boxes. . . .

faster, faster, faster she hears from the dark recesses of the castle. There are many, many more buildings to build. Don't stop or it is to the dungeon you go. Oh my, she cries, where can I find more miniaturists to help. Then she remembers a place where she can always turn to for help. But how do I reach them she cries.......

She then looks in one of the many boxes of doll houses that the cat lady brought in. It was then she realized, on the very top was a lab top with wi fi, She powered it up, and googles the worlds best mini group, She then clicks on to the greenleaf forum, and post's that she needs victims to help her with her B A DS, First hallowell responds saying that he will be over with a army of bespaq, then Tracy, (MinisOnTtheEdge), who say she will be here with buckets of paper clay then holly with Spackle then . . . .

Sir Sinister Corwin smiles and says, "Not so fast my pretty. You must solve one more riddle before we will let you open the gate.

"Another riddle?" She asked.

"Yessssssssssss", hissed the Kat Lady. Now pick up that box knife and ................

Bash...bash like you have never bashed before....when its bigger than anyone elses at club greenleaf, only then will the riddle be revealed...

Nancy took the knife and bashed her little heart out...... in a flurry of masking tape and splinters the dry fit was done!

Now tell me the riddle she said defiantly....

Sir sinister Corwin snarled...ok my pretty you have passed the test and as the reigning queen of the bash i'll tell you the riddle, it's...........................................

"Once you start,you're hooked forever".Nancy said "I guess I can leave now".Corwin said with a smile-"We'll be watching you" as he handed her a large case filled with paints and brushes.Nancy thought she was finished with the dollhouse or was she...

But then just as she was ready to leave,Sir Corwin grabbed her and brought her to a large room where there were many people either on Computers or building dollhouses.Holly is our spackle queen and she looked up and said"You're one of us now ".Wolfie and Selkie also joined in the refrain.Sir Corwin then pointed Nancy toward the obvious....

a large table with many, many dollhouse kits in various stages of build. "You will have to stay here until they're finished", he said with a smirk, "unless......"

unless .... the Scarlet Dragon finds un-squared corners and backwards miters and paint drips on the windows. If he does ... she will face the intense wrath of Terrifying Maddie, the 3-headed watchdog. If only she had brought along "Kutie" !!!

Now, as Nancy struggled to finish figuring out the rest of the original message from Pandora, the ghosts that she was warned about in the telegram become restless. The plans they have can only create more horrors for Nancy. oo-ooo-oooo-ooooo-oooooo ...

Where and who can she turn to for protection? Perhaps she needs the Wizard's assistance ...

Sir Corwin told Nancy that unless she finished all the dollhouses,she would never leave.And when he meant all of the dollhouses,he meant every dollhouse had to be finished."But there's no way",Nancy cried!"It can't be done.A dollhouse is never finished!".Sir Corwin laughed-"You're here to stay!".Nancy scoped out the room trying to find a way out.Will she ever find a way to enjoy her dollhouses but flee the clutches of Sir Corwin?She sought the help of Wolfie but she said "I wish I could help you but Corwin has cast a spell over me and I must bring more to him".The evil cat woman then brought in Margaret who looked at Nancy and said "I'll try and help you solve the code when he's not around ".Nancy realized that more of the Greenleafers were being imprisoned and unless she could solve the code....

They would all be here forever! As she gazed around the room, she noticed that more and more of the Greenleafers were appearing! She recognized several of them from their avitars. Anna was there, and Missymew, and miniwendy and Tinyjudi, and Deb, she even thought she spotted MiniMan (Dean), but wasn't sure, because he didn't look much like Brad Pitt. :wave: She thought the room would soon be too small, but even as that thought entered her mind, the room got bigger, and bigger!

Calling the Greenleaf gang together Nancy showed them Pandora's cryptic message; havanaholly & wolfie passed around the pencils and after a few hours they had puzzied out the message's meaning. "Pandora!" Tracy called; Pandora must be the key, since she's the Puzzler!" Before anyone could stop them they all ran off in different directions, seeking Pandora's office and scaring the poor Scarlet Dragon, who crouched whinpering in a corner of the room, alone with Nancy, who realized...