Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

WyckedWood

Wow,Ive been out of it this week,totally obsessed with this book series, I read the first book in 24 hours,literally could not put it down. My house is falling down around me, I havent made dinner or beds....not to mention my poor neglected dollhouse....Ive been reading constantly.Needless to say I LOVE this series, its kind of 'out there',its about present day good vampires,its better IMO than Ann Rice,far better! Cant wait to get started on the third book, but Im forcing myself to take a break from them so I can get some much needed housework done.

First book is called Twilight,second, New Moon,third Eclipse,fourth Breaking Dawn, be warned theyre obsessive! And wonderful....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the series myself! i was obsessed when i read them the first time. Now i'm on my second round and am halfway thru Eclipse. i found out that a movie is coming out in November...for the first book. of course it's called Twilight. I really can't wait to see it. i'm in love with Robert Pattinson, who plays edward. I had a crushy thing going on when I saw him in Harry Potter....of course he is young enough to be my son, but that is okay. He's 21 or 22 so not jail bait :unsure: He's pretty yummy and I think the perfect choice to play Edward. I think Kristen stewart is the perfect choice to play Bella....in fact the whole cast just seems to fit with my mental idea of how the characters should look.....so i'm just very excited about this movie!!!!

Ya, I noticed that theyve put the cast members from the movie on the new editions of Twilight. I honestly hope Hollywood doesnt screw it up,it has potential to be a great movie. The only problem I could see with the picture on the cover of the new book,is that theyve made the vampires look like really skinny heroine addicts,especially Edward, and I know he was described as beautiful and very tall and muscle bound,so hope they dont make him look like a scrawny goth teenager. I dont see him that way. I think I love him too...shhhhhh....

I started (AND finished) the entire series last month. We have a rule in the house that in order to see the movie you have to read the book first. But since I'd heard it was teen reading, I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for preteen... so I read the first one to make sure it was alright... the first three definitely are, IMHO, acceptable. The fourth definitely deals with more mature themes, but nothing even conservatives, again IMHO, would object to for teens... Some Judy Blume was more racy... In fact it almost seems like she did that deliberately to balance the dark themes... It won't matter for the seriously conservative who think Harry Potter is synonymous with devil worship.

I mentioned these books this past spring here somewhere. I LOVED all 4 books can't wait for the movie to come out. I won't say much but Man, I have never fallen in love with fictional characters like ever!! I am 37 and in LOVE with Edward!! :unsure: I Love Bella too and just can relate and connect to her so well.

A lot of people hated the 4th book but I loved it. I got the series on my ipod cause I bought the books and the audio books :shifty: I am totally in love with all four books! You are so Lucky that you fell in love after she has released all the books. I was having a fit waiting for the last book to be released :lol:

When I saw the Movie picture of Edward, I was like Ewww! My Edward in my head looks so different but hey, I still got my own idea of what Edward, Jasper, Alice and Jacob & Emmit looks like. I think the whole cast looks "off" from what I visualized it in my head but I have seen several previews of this and I see a lot of things are different, but I am gonna watch it as if I am seeing MORE details that was left out of the book. Have you all downloaded the book (Edwards Perspective) Midnight Sun? Someone apparently sent her draft copy around without her permission and now she has suspended writing that book (I was so sad to here about that) But it's Edwards side of "Twilight". You can download it direct from her website ( http://www.stepheniemeyer.com ) Read the post on August 28th to download it. (Told ya I'm addicted)

When I saw the Movie picture of Edward, I was like Ewww! My Edward in my head looks so different but hey, I still got my own idea of what Edward, Jasper, Alice and Jacob & Emmit looks like. I think the whole cast looks "off" from what I visualized it in my head but I have seen several previews of this and I see a lot of things are different, but I am gonna watch it as if I am seeing MORE details that was left out of the book. Have you all downloaded the book (Edwards Perspective) Midnight Sun? Someone apparently sent her draft copy around without her permission and now she has suspended writing that book (I was so sad to here about that) But it's Edwards side of "Twilight". You can download it direct from her website ( www.stepheniemeyer.com ) Read the post on August 28th to download it. (Told ya I'm addicted)

I forgot to mention that I had read that! Thanks for bringing it up Tracy. I did love reading Edwards perspective. i read it around the time that i read Twilight for the first time and it was cool to do it that way. I hope that she can somehow see past what happened and still write this book...i'd love to read more.

Ok,Im off to check that out, it sounds awesome. Someone did something similar with Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, wrote a book from his perspective , I read it at first thinking it couldnt be the same style as Jane Austen, but it was actually really good and interesting from that perspective.

I watched an interview with Stephenie on amazon.com and she says that most people assume Bella was actually her (Stephenies)personality,but she said thats not true,that her personality is actually Edward. I thought that was interesting. I love his character the way he is so protective. Where are all the real men nowadays,dont we all kind of want a vampire husband??lol.. Just kidding I love my husband,but a girl can dream right....

So far my fave part of either book ( Ive only read two)is the baseball game in Twilight,being from that area, I could just so visualize what that would be like secluded up in the mountains, and then for the 'others' to show up, it was so eerie. Dont want to say too much.But if you are from the Pacific Northwest,you will seriously relate to these books!

I found it Tracy....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! OK, a thousand thank you's!! My poor neglected husband....I cant stop reading it and tonight is supposed to be movie night ! Im upset that it got stolen and therefore will be less than it could have been,that really sucks, but so far (read 3 pages)its awesome!

Talking about excellent books... does anyone have a good website or two where I can listen to/download audio books for free?

Will keep my eye out for this series though, I do like reading too.

Muriel :p

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter finally dropped off the book (Twilight) yesterday. I started reading it on break at work, and got totally into it immediately. Luckily my co-worker asked me a question, or I might have read it the whole night at work. When I got home, I checked my e-mails and the forum, then started reading. I have a feeling I'm going to pull an all-nighter with this one. It is an awesome book!

Oh, and I am already falling for Edward, too. :)

Well, I've read the whole series, and I'm wondering how many people would agree with me that if you've only just finished reading Twilight, I'd recommend jumping online and reading the Midnight Sun first draft she has available before getting into books 2-4.... I wish I had known about it sooner, I would have enjoyed it even more being able to read the first book from Edward's perspective while it was still fresh in my head - rather than having been through all four and knowing how it ends!

I finished Twilight this morning and have been reading Midnight Sun online. I think I will pick up the rest of the books tomorrow, if I can find them. I have to behave though...no more all night reading sessions. My DD#1 and I are going to see the movie when it comes out with some friends that are also addicted to the series. :blink:

There are several of us at work who got hooked on the series, and when my boss heard about the movie release date (the original of Dec12) she immediately wrote on her calendar that we all (6ish of us?) needed that night and the next day shift off....must go out for food after the movie and process!

Has anyone else read The Host yet? It is very very different from the Twilight universe and geared more towards adults, but WOW! I will warn folks who haven't read it yet that the beginning is a bit slow, but stick with it, once it gets going it is just....wow.....

Team Ian!

• 2 weeks later...

Jen, if I lived closer, I would definitely pull an all-nighter with you! A group of us are going Friday night to the 10:30 show. I'm so excited! I've never enjoyed a series of books as much as I have this one. I even got some mini inspiration from them. I would love to do the stone cottage in mini. I just need to find the right kit.

Counting down...3 days, 2 hours... :lol: