Let it Snow..Let it Snow..Let it Snow!

heidiiiii

Hey Papa Dean! How much snow did you get?

I watched online that your neck of the woods got HAMMERED!

No snow here in *Gods country*. There was some in the upper parts of CT but not a flake here by the Ocean.

It is going to get really warm today and tomorrow. T-shirt weather!

Now we can all cry together as the winter of 2008 starts her engines.

I was on the phone with them yesterday and he said that a lot of people did not have power. I talked to Lisa in the afternoon too and she said the power lines were still down in some of the areas. They were all doing well and were safe though. I guess it's time to hibernate for winter!

When I picked up my girls from school on Tuesday it snowed heavy for about 10 min. and that was it (we saw no more snow Thank goodness). Fall is always so short. I love fall but we don't get enough of it.

:lol:

There's usually a brief warm spell after the first cold snap. I love Indian Summer. :lol:

That is what it is going to be like this weekend and next week. Today it will only go up into the 50s but after that it will be wonderful. We will be able to get the rest of the yard work done without shivering.

We had a huge snowstorm a few weekends ago...pretty early in the season to get that much snow down here in the valley. It was pretty but i'm not really looking forward to more. I just dread driving to work in it. I'm always on the highway before the snowplows. I think this year i'll keep a change of clothes at work and some food and if the weather is bad i'm sleeping at work. Each year I seem to get more scared of driving in it.

I am a born and bred New Englander so you would THINK I have no problem driving in snowstorms. But I do.

I think it was because of the day I saw my life (and Chelsea`s) flash before my eyes. We went down the hill to go to school. It was icy. I have driven this hill many many times in ice and snow. This day was different. Now I know you should not hit your brakes on ice...but on this hill you have to. It is steep and goes into a busy intersection.

Brakes didnt work...sliding...turning into slide didnt work...sliding and turning...Screaming...We turned completely around facing the top of the hill (it is a one way). Next words out of my mouth after I stopped screaming "you are not going to school today!"

This year I am going to have to toughen up. Nat is in two clubs at school, Chelsea has work, and Fred will need a ride home. I will need to just DEAL and revert back to my old skills of driving in crappy winter weather. Pray for me...ROFL

It's 77 right now. we may get snow on tuesday or wednesday next week tho. hope it's on tuesday cuz i have the day off.

I need to get the yardwork done on saturday. it's supposed to be nice then as well!

You guys can keep the white stuff. I think I will stay way south as to not get any of it. However, it has been entirely too cold for this time of year in Savannah, GA. It was 35 degrees yesterday morning on my way to work. YUK. I always look forward to having warm Christmases.

After 4 straight days of below 60, I am officially tired of winter. :)

I do hope everyone is OK and that the snow isn't to m uch of a bother. So far over here the snow prediction looks like just that, it is raining on and off but still no flakes to be seen..

Hugs and will keep sending warm thoughts to anyone who needs them!

Who lives in the Dakotas or Minnesota? I just read you all are dealing with a blizzard. Yikes! I know how that feels.

It is in the upper 60s today and we just had a major downpour. The grass must be happy. Our temps on CT will hold in the 60s and 50s until next week.

How is everyone else doing? Greg?? Is it as cold as a hibernating bears tush up there?

Wow I wish it would snow here. Im in Oklahoma and we usually just get ice. But right now it hasn't even gotten cold yet. Today is cool but still a hoodie is all you need. Last winter really did a number on us. The ice ruined all the trees and knocked out everyones power. Some went for like 3 weeks with out. Thank goodness I only went without 3 days. How am I supposed to work on a dollhouse with no power? we spent 2 nights at a hotel and then spent one in front of our fireplace. It was SO boring not being able to do all the things I normally do. And being in a hotel room (ok it was a suite,but still not like a house) With 3 kids and our pets and my husband who works from home was about to make me insane. Needless to say this winter had better not be like that!! Snow is fine ice not so much! :)

i love it when it hits low 50 and sometimes 40s i know im a freak but after all the months of high 90s its a nice change livining in florida me dont have for seasons we have 8 months summer and if were lucky 4 month nice weather

We're going to be making 5-times-per-week 60-mile round trips to the cancer center for eight solid weeks in December and January. I'd like the snow to hold off until February, please.

Who lives in the Dakotas or Minnesota? I just read you all are dealing with a blizzard. Yikes! I know how that feels.

I live in eastern South Dakota and we didn't get it as bad here as they did out in Rapid and that area - they had four feet, we only had around 4 inches. Still too much for me, since they last three or four winters we didn't have snow until after Christmas!

So far, so good....the temps haven't been all that bad, and no snow yet.....but a lot of rain lately....ah well

Several of my co-workers live about an hour away from work, and they always bring at least one change of clothes with them in case they get stuck in town during the winter. I'm sooo grateful that I live right in town and only 10 minutes from work. One thing I love about the team I work with is that we have all offered the travelers bed space if they get stuck...not just one or two of us, but all of us have offered. I hate the thought of people driving long distances in crappy weather, especially after working all night!

You guys with the blizzard got our snow that we need desperately. All we are getting is freezing rain....and lots of it. I want our snow. Give it back! We need from 6 to 10 feet to stave off drought and fire season.