Been a long time since I've been here

MichelleG

Ok, well I put my dollhouse away for a while.

Sorry to say. I was diagnosed w/ breast cancer in July, had surgery, then.. My mom passed away two days after I got home. Oh boy. well, I'm on my 3 round of chemotherapy.. got 3 more to go. As soon as I get my enery back, I'll start back on my tennyson dollhouse.

I think of you all very often, it's just been a rough few months for me.

I'll be looking through all the forums and pics of the progress you have all made since I've been gone.

I hope to see you or hear from you soon.

Michelle

Hey Stranger! Welcome back!

I am also sorry for your loss and medical issues.

Get a nice hot drink, a comfy chair, and sort thru the mounds of posts and pictures. Enjoy! Post often. We want to hear from you even if you have put your Tennyson on hiatus.

Welcome home Michelle. So sorry for your loss and for your medical problems as well. We are here. When you are ready, you will find the strength inside you to finish your projects and join in once again!

Glad to see you have stopped in and said 'hi'.

Please come more often and share your day with us - good or bad. We do care.

Do you feel up to making something small for your house? Maybe a little blanket or a needlepoint or a small painting? Perhaps it would make you feel better. I have heard if you wear an icepack on your head during chemo, your hair won't fall out. Chemo makes your body hot and heat escapes through your head (cooking the hair follicles). I don't know if it works for everyone, but my FIL did it and kept all his hair.

Well when I'm not feeling so great I know that looking around the lovely galleries always makes me feel a little better and adds a smile to my face. I hope you get some smiles from looking around too, and welcome back, whether you're currently mini-ing or not!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear of your loss and your medical issues. Please don't stay away, we're here to give you plenty of love and support because we care for each other. Sending gentle hugs along with prayers for a full recovery. Take care of yourself.

Hi Michelle, I've thought of you often and wondered where you've been. I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems and your loss. Please don't stay away too long and let us know how you're doing. I'm sending a hug and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I was wondering where you were, Michelle. So sorry to hear of the bad things that kept you away. I hope you'll be feeling much improved soon. It must be so hard not to have your Mom to lean on.

Where are you going for your treatments? Do I remember correctly that you live on one of the islands?

Hi there Welcome back. Treat yourself to a chocolate malt on me (or a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.)

As you do more you will have more energy. Try doing a little more each day. We will look forward to you return to the forum