New Jersey Get Together

Connor's Mom

At What Type of Location Do You Want To Meet?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Prefer We Meet?

• At someone's house
    • At a dollhouse store
    • At a restaurant
    • Other (Please share!)

Hi Everyone -

It is after Halloween (as I was reminded :) ) so it is time to start planning! If you are just jumping in on the thread, a group of us have decided to have a NJ get together sometime after the new year. So if you are in (or near!) NJ feel free to join in on the planning and discussions. The more the merrier.

So lets start "big picture" and go from there. Where (in general) did you want to meet. Please vote in the poll and let the discussion begin!

~Michelle

This is going to be tricky since we dont know how many people are going to attend. I think a resturant or some kind of catering hall would be appropriate.

If you would like to attend just add your first name and zip code and vote in the poll. That way we get a good idea of location, participants, and venue all at once.

Jeff, Carlstadt 07072

I put "at someone's house" because it would be nice to bring some thing along to share, or photos, and it would be easier at a house. But of course, it's a little wierd with the whole "Internet thing" so a restaurant might be a good idea, too.

I live pretty far south, so I may not be able to attend, depending where it is. I mean, if it's a three-hour drive from me I would probably pass. Amazing how looooong this state is!

Hubby would probably not let me go to a stranger's house anyway, now that I think about it. So a restaurant would be better!

Christine 08081

Another idea... I have friends in the Garden State mini club. I ran into them at Philadelphia Miniaturia yesterday. If you are interested, maybe we could go to one of their Saturday meetings? They meet down here, though.

You ARE helpful Jeffrey.

I am in Nutley, 07110

I was thinking about a central Jersey location so that Northerners and Southerners both wouldnt have too far to drive. But I was going to see how many were interested before we decided on exactly where...

If you have something better, let me know!

I am in Northern NJ...saddle river....07458. actually, NJ is not so small, you can go for a 5 hour drive and still be in NJ.....so I think we should see how feasible it is for all of us to get together, how close we all live to each other and then meet in the middle,,,,,or so they say. At least the first time I think a restaurant is best , then we can take it from there. I am very excited about this. I hope that I am in striking distance to meet up with all of you....mary ann

I plotted all our zip codes so far on a map If we include Heidi in the "meet in the middle plan" then halfway is Is somewhere near Mary Ann. If we just do meet in the middle of the Jersey residents (no offense Heidi) then halfway is somewhere near Corry.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=...878906&z=10

Ignor the blue line. i didnt want it to be there but it was the only way i could have all the zip codes pinpointed.

Im pretty sure i can still add to the map once more people post their zip codes.

Hi all,

I would really be interested in a mini get together! I live in monmouth county and don't have a problem driving anywhere as long as it's not snowing. It would be nice to meet at a place where we can share our minis!

Melva

• 1 month later...

Did we miss it?? If not, I'd like to meet everyone! I live in South Jersey in 08081. I have a pretty hectic schedule though, so depending on time and day of week would be how far I could travel and how long I could stay.

As for meeting places.. what about a library conference room? Sorry if that has been suggested, I didn't see it. It would be public, yet pretty private.