3/8/06 Your Favorite Snack

What is your all time favorite snack? Do you have it in any room of your dollhouse as a snack for the little people who live there?

My daughter Rachel went to the Tom Bishop show with me last fall. The only food items she bought were things she loves to eat (Hot dogs, cereal, and ice cream LOL). Over the weekend, she made a Pizza for her barbie dolls out of clay and I started wondering do You have a special food that your dollhouse can not be without?

I Love blue berry coblers and this is something I have learned to make in mini.

:(

I dont' really have a favorite snack/food but my son does and it's one of his favorite minis we bought - he loves hot dogs! And we found a 1:12 scale plate with hotdog and chips - it came in a box of minis we bought at a thrift shop and immediately he claimed it as his :( Now I guess I'll have to have a kitchen or dining room in one of our houses lol so he'll have a place to put his hotdog. :)

-David

Okay, ppl are going to think this is gross..

Underwood deviled ham on ritz crackers.

I cant indulge because of the sodium. Last time I ate it was in December.

It is a "I had a really bad day, want to eat this, and dont want to share" snack.

Family thinks it smells like cat food.

So do the cats!

Right out of the can!!

Mmmmmmmm! :(:) ;)

It is a "I had a really bad day, want to eat this, and dont want to share" snack.

On days like that my snack choice is cheescake. On regular days Darrell and I both enjoy popcorn. I think I may need to make popcorn for my mini people too.

Melissa

The only mini foods I've made are a cake (out of buttons) and a triple serving dish with pimento olives and grapes in two colors. None of those are my favorite snack. Back before my teeth began to get brittle I loved popcorn , then cracked a tooth on an "old maid"; before the big diet change my very favorite snack was tortilla chips with either salsa or homemade hummus. Now my very favorite snack is fruit-on-the-bottom low-fat yogurt, with a mixture of spicy Indian snacks (usually Punjabi & Bombay Mix with a helping of spicy plaintains and plain mixed nuts to sweeten the mix a bit) coming in a close second.

DH loves peanut butter on rye bread.

MARMITE ON TOAST!!! :(

I'm a vegetarian

My parents always had marmite in the house ... I never developed a taste for it.

Do you have a "mini" version of marmite? Did you make it yourself.

I my dollhouse I have cups of tea and coffee .. I never liked serving them "empty" cups. I always have fancy cakes set out.

Susanne

Actually, my favorite mini snack isn't in my dollhouse yet---

It's potato chips! ;) Not just any either--UTZ Potato chips. I like them plain, or wavy, but they are only made in the south--so they advertise--so they are always fresh! :p You cannot eat UTZ potato chips without a brand of onion dip called er, he-double toothpicks ofagood onion dip. Yep, that's the brand name of this company's dips--h-e-doubletoothpics(the actual word--i'm just spellin' it. :( ) This snack goes back to a tradition--my aunt was 11 years older than me, when I was 7 she was 18--and when she came home from school we'd watch tv and eat chips and dip. Between us we'd go through two bags a day, until Mom or Dad came home from work and picked me up at my grandmother's.... :) I started the 'family' snack tradition with Amanda, and we've passed many evenings called 'Chips n' Dip' with a movie, or a favorite program--she loves watching Haunted, and ghost hunters.

In most of my mini houses, Olde Shelby cottage right now--I have tea, cakes, and I love to have some type of food in the process, like a sandwich being made, or a turkey being pulled out of the oven, or even vegetables in baskets, like they've just been picked, or a canning going on. I like to change the food in the kitchen with the season. Miss Mabel had a bunch of Christmas cakes, they've since been packed away..

I read somewhere (Small Stuff? mini mag?) that capsicum seeds make great scale potato chips. I bet spackling compound could be coated with nail enamel & drybrushed to look like onion dip.

Angie Scarr did a "Challenge Angie" article one month in DHMS where she made bacon & egg sandwiches.

before starting weight watchers, my favorites were Fritolay sunflower seeds or i loved potato chips...now my favorite snacks are cucumbers and tomatoes sliced up...or a pink lady apple...all very delicious!