Some new American girl pics in my gallery

Just One More

I've been working with my dolls for awhile and am slowly getting back to my houses after the flood. These are just as addictive. I'm trying to keep from buying a 1920 style stove in the AG catalog for the dolls. It is so tempting to get all these accessories. I like my older Gotz dolls that became American Girls in 1986. I have three of them.

What a beautiful collection! I envy you as I can't get my hands on one of these. I've been collecting the patterns for these cuties and ended up buying a couple of the cheapie ones from Joanne's just so I could make adorable clothes for them to wear. (Hey, when money's tight, any port in a storm!)

Again, lovely little ladies!

• 2 months later...

My mom bought cheap patters and copied the outfits in the AG magazine...and then she made us clothes to match!

I received Samantha first, when I was 5 (she's still in good condition - I wasn't much of one for dolls...I prefer their accessories), and then I got Kirsten from Grandma (who found her at a yardsale, new!), and then I saved up and bought Addy and Kit on my own. My sister has the Bitty Baby and Josephina. I have most of the books and some of the accessories - I have 2 pets (a dog and a bunny) that I love...they are so cute!

I always loved Felicity and Molly but for some reason I just didn't ever get them, although I have some of their books.

These are addicting...even if I didn't play with the dolls, I still dressed them and took them places to sleep with me...I am still afraid of the dark so I always sleep with something...although now I have a darling hubby so the dolls are in storage, lol. :)

Thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...

Just found this topic!!!

Only the last 14 mos. or so have I had this HITTY obsession. Which just joined my revived interest in the 8"Betsy McCall....which fostered my getting little Ann Estelle.......and seeking out my little DONNA Vogue Ginny doll........

For the last 5 years now I have been sewing for the AG dolls and having a GREAT time finding, searching for the accesories, furniture,toys etc. that go with the proper scale of all the above....My third childhood at age 50+

10 or so years ago you couldn't have convinced me that I would be in this "STATE" and how it takes over my life!!!!!

Anyone want to come over and play with me??????? :p

I finally succumbed to 1:6 dolls like Barbie and if I had all the room I wanted and someone else to keep it clean I'd love a Gene couple; I fell in love with Tracy's! I have a few other dolls that I shall probably share with Miss Grayson when she gets a bit older.

Donna,

I'll play dolls with you. I have over 200 collectible Barbie dolls along with my Bubblecut Barbie and Ken from 1965, my Betsy McCall doll from the 1960's, 4 porcelain dolls and a Gene doll and her friend Violet.

I also love to sew American Girl doll clothes. Right now I am making an entire wardrobe for a little girl that I babysit for. She has Josephina and an American Girl that looks just like her.

lyn

I have gone crazy about the American Girl dolls again. They are as addictive as doll houses to me. I always want just one more. Now I have 18. I could have bought the Queen Anne for less. I still have a couple of houses to finish. At least I never run out of things to do and the dolls don't take up as much room.

I can relate to the doll addiction. My 15 yrs old daughter, has so many porcelain dolls, her Dad has made shelves inside her closet to accomadate them all! She has them in all sizes from 1/2 inch scale to the huge 24 inch ones. I think the dollhouses would actually take up less space, as it would take her longer to finish one! This is not to mention the 60 Barbies she has too! Have fun collecting! We are all hooked in some way to our toys!

I need to share this OBESSION with more of you. I have been scouring the thrift stores and Sales for 1:6 scale items to accomidate Hitty and Betsy. Once I list them on EBAY(If I don't keep them myself). they go pretty well! My $3.00 table went for $30, etc. Any beds that are more than 6 inches are a rare find too. This has been so much FUN....hunting is Half the challenge!!!!

Anyone out there want to get rid of their"TO LARGE for 1:12" scale things??????

• 4 weeks later...

I have almost all of the AG dolls. My grandma started buying them for me when I was five. I also have a giant hope chest filled with dresses, shoes and accessories. Plus a load of their furniture. I was the only girls for quite a while so my Grandma just kept buying it and all my aunts. It all lives in the attic for now but I cant make myself part with it yet.

I have Cissy, Tyler Wentworth, and many composition and hard plastic dolls. Tyler is my focus as of now...she is getting a complete wardrobe courtesy of the McCalls patterns that were put out several years ago for her. I have also been considering getting a Gene doll, too. 

• 4 months later...

Oh! I just found this topic.I too have Ginnys and Barbies,Tonners,American Girl-Molly and a Modern one that I ordered and I have 6 small AGs.I also have many My Twins.

Oh, and one tiny" Cherished"that came from a talented Canadian girl.Love dolls?

You bettcha! Funnily enough I wasn't interested in them when I was young.....Wanted

to be a cowgirl-and they never played with dolls! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Since I first started this thread I've added a lot to my collection of AG. I found a lot of them on ebay and fixed them all up good as new. American girl just came out with a new Historical, Rebecca, a Jewish girl from 1914. They also just came out with 20 new Just Like You dolls. I did break down and get Kits kitchen and laundry. They are from the 30's time period.

With the new greenleaf houses I want to build eventually and all these dolls, I'll have to just turn my house into a toy shop. Since it's just me and my son, I could do it since he has the basement living area. It's that or give up my hobbies. Then what would I do to keep my sanity? :flowers:

• 1 month later...

My daughters got Nellie and Elizabeth for Christmas...the older one will get Samantha this year. (The younger one, 3 has asked for a new baby doll....) I used to collect American Girl dolls but stopped collecting years ago.

It makes me sad though that Kirsten is going to retire...I always wanted a Mattel one and never quite got around to getting one. (And won't because my dollhouse will eat that $100 and more.) I have a German made (not white body but flaxen hair) Kirsten which is so different then the Mattel one. I'm just going to keep and cherish the Kirsten I have. I do want a NIB German Felicity one day since my German Felicity was given to my cousins when I had outgrown my dolls. (although my Aunt, a doll collector is taking care of her now)

Now that they are archiving Kirsten, everyone on the AG club is in a buying frenzy. I got the sweater set and her quilt but that's it. The price of these dolls is as much as some of the GL dollhouses. The clothes are as much as I spend on most dollhouse furniture and actually more than I spend on clothes for me. :thumb: I have 20 years of tiny accessories in plastic boxes so don't need more there but the new laser cut houses are so nice I know I'll want another when the Rosedale is finished. :p

I have 2 houses in progress but I want the Chantilly when its laser cut. (and my husband said "oh jeez" when I said that) so no American girl purchases for me this year. (Samantha has been sitting in the closet since last year)