December Holidays Must haves

heidiiiii

My must have is a bag of cheapo christmas butter cookies that are covered in jimmies or sugar. It is something from my childhood and I can get addicted to them really quickly...LOL

Ginger snaps and "glögg" served warm.... Ahhh, love the smells and tastes of the winter!

Hugs

When I was a kid, our Swedish neighbor made glögg every Christmas. My, but that put a glow in the cheeks and tummy in a hurry! :p

When I was a kid, our Swedish neighbor made glögg every Christmas. My, but that put a glow in the cheeks and tummy in a hurry! :p

What is it and how is it made? If the burbon and brandy won't put a glow in the cheeks and tummy, I may have to try this one.

What is it and how is it made? If the burbon and brandy won't put a glow in the cheeks and tummy, I may have to try this one.

I know there was red wine and vodka in it and I think brandy as well as fruits, fruit juice and spices. I remember cardamom specifically, but I think there were others. The kicker in Roy's glögg recipe was the grain alcohol he put in right before he lighted it. He made several gallons in a very large pot. The flame was awesome when he lit it off!

A Godiva chocolate Santa Claus. My fiance buys me one every year. The first year my dog ate it while I was asleep. I just knew he would get sick since chocolate kills dogs but I think that dog is part goat cause he eats everything.

Also, the MUST DO is watch A Christmas Carol and as many versions of them as I can. Right now I have 3 different versions.

My must haves include:

Iced eggnog latte's, my Grandmother's recipe for no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies, and watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It just isn't the holidays without these three things :p

Oh, and cinnamon scented pinecones in a bowl on the table!

I know there was red wine and vodka in it and I think brandy as well as fruits, fruit juice and spices. I remember cardamom specifically, but I think there were others. The kicker in Roy's glögg recipe was the grain alcohol he put in right before he lighted it. He made several gallons in a very large pot. The flame was awesome when he lit it off!

I'll have to dig out the ol' recipie later on, it is about time now to start if I want my own version, but we usually buy it... There are plenty of newer versions now so we are thinking of having a "taster" weekend.... LOL

Hugs

Butterscotch pecan fudge!! I make it every year and go crazy with the stuff. I usually make white fudge with walnuts and both light and dark chocolate fudge too. In the past, I've been known to make over 25 pounds of fudge at a whack in all four flavors and everyone we know gets some. This year, I know I'm not going to be that ambitious, but I've got to at least have the butterscotch.

I bought a box of chocolate covered cherries this weekend too. It was a sudden craving.

Deb

Christmas sugar cookies with sprinkles! Homemade is the family tradition, but I cheat and use the ready made dough since I only make a few dozen and not 20-30 dozen like I used to. The cookie decorating scene is in the McKinley I did in memory of my mom. It is one of my fondest childhood memories.