Share a New Mini Tip 11/19/08

Minis On The Edge

Someone shared a Mini Tip with me the other day and it got me to thinking about what mini tip I could pass on to others and have you all share your favorite mini tip. My New favorite Mini tip is to use spraypaint to paint your Dollhouse trim with. It Leaves No paintbrush streaks and it sprays evenly and the color stays very consistent. (It is faster too than painting each little piece of trim :lol:

What's your New Mini Tip to share?

• 1 month later...

olive oil helps remove wood stain from fingers. I rub it into the stained area with some dishsoap.

Stain pens are great for HOM furniture kits with, but I've started brushing a bit of Anita's sealer coat (same stuff I use on my wood floors) on the end grains before using the stain there. It helps keep the stain more even and less muddy.

My best tip is to search thrift stores/yard sales for old broken glass bead necklaces. You can get them pretty cheap and they can be ground out to make lovely hanging lamps. My most valued piece of equipment is my opti-visor with max magnification....:lol:.....it always makes it easier when I can see things.

LJ

My mini tip:

keep any kind of jewelry box or small container - they can be used to make beds, chairs, tables, hatboxes, chests, drawers (matchboxes), pet beds, bookshelves, just about anything! Bottle caps and buttons are good for dishes/bowls/pots/pie pans.

Use what you have around the house and be creative!

• Like 1