Animal Crossing: City Folk

heidiiiii

Okay, now that your wii will be wireless..hehehehe...You are going to want to get a $10 wii points card at some point. There is a store where you can buy games and channels for the wii. The internet on the wii costs $5 (5000points). You can also buy (download) classic games onto your Wii like Sega games for instance.

If you have a DS you can download sneak peeks of DS games on the Nintendo channel (that channel is free to download). I do this and in the future I want to get the crossword game for DS. It is a nice way to pass the time.

Enjoy it!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes just a one time fee. When I got my internet channel it was free. But then again I got it as soon as it was available. My Dh has almost used up all the memoery with Virtual console games. The classic controller is a definate must. I love playing all the old games. I am just waiting for some of them to come on.

Heidi its so good to see another harvest moon addict! I havent gotten the new Animal crossing yet, but my wonderful fiance bought me the new harvest moon game 4 weeks ago while I was recovering from my surgery to keep me entertained. and im addicted! I wasnt to much of a fan of "magic melody" for gamecube but I LOVE this one. I even ended up buying the guide for it online and love that too. I havent played this week but I'm just finishing my first year.

What are everyones thoughts on animal crossing? is it any good? I havent bought that one yet.

Heidi its so good to see another harvest moon addict! I havent gotten the new Animal crossing yet, but my wonderful fiance bought me the new harvest moon game 4 weeks ago while I was recovering from my surgery to keep me entertained. and im addicted! I wasnt to much of a fan of "magic melody" for gamecube but I LOVE this one. I even ended up buying the guide for it online and love that too. I havent played this week but I'm just finishing my first year.

What are everyones thoughts on animal crossing? is it any good? I havent bought that one yet.

Hey there missy!

When (if) I get the Animal Crossing and you do too...we need to share friend codes. I had fun playing with you on Animal Crossing on the DS (i do not have it anymore)

so surprisingly mom let us have the wii early! so we have been playing wii sports all day. then after dinner we went to blockbuster and rented City Folk. (and bought a used game called NinjaBread Man for $8. its stupid and will be going back or traded in at gamestop) Basically the same as Wild World but with more land and the addition of the city area which is a few more shops. Wait till yous see the prices at Gracies!!!. My favorite feature is the ability to use your Mii as a mask on your AC character so it looks like your Mii is in the game. Another cool feature is the ability to copy your Animal crossing Wild world character into the city Folk game that way you have the exact same character in both games.

Hey, my FatWallet site just listed a sale on this City Folk game at $30....

At Amazon

The price is subject to change at any time, so if the price goes back to a higher price, it means their sale is over and you can ignore this email! But at the oment I'm writing this post, it IS on sale at Amazon.com

Dangitalltohedoublehockeysticks!!

I come back from the bank and blam-o. The sale price is over.

Oh well. No biggie. I am getting it anyway..he had better get it..I told him if I get a frying pan I will crown him with it..ROFL. Of course he laughed too.

I am pretty sure I am getting it!!! WooHoo!

Fred let it slip that he and his friend went to Gamestop on Saturday. Now his friend is a gamer but Fred would have left to go to some other store. YeeHaa!

I know I am being silly. Almost 40 yr old Mom of two..getting excited over video games. I am a rare breed in the gaming world. But I have been doing it since I was a child. My favorite games are Simulations, car racing (love going 100mph without getting into trouble),kids games and now Guitar Hero. I have mastered medium and going to start dabbling with the hard version.

So I will (possibly) have Animal Crossing and the new Guitar hero to play!

I should have bought the guitar for the new game though..the new guitar has a new slider on the side. Oh well..My birthday two weeks after Christmas. No..No..I was going to use that money for the Pomeroy house.

returned the game to blockbuster and went out to gamestop and bought it lol. got the router but i can only get it to work with the wii. the computer wont respond to it. so im gonna have to get my dad to come over and set it up correctly for me.

Alot of insight on the Wii which is what my kids will be getting Christmas day cant wait either. Iam glad that you posted about t he animal crossing game it has caught my attention every time I go back to electronics at work I might have to buy it. I really want the wii fit for myself and hopeing that I will get it.

Lyn, there are alot of cool games out there for the Wii. Just wait until after Christmas and there will be even more. You go to Gamestop and you can buy used games for much lower then buying new.

I have a game called Super Swing Golf. I lovvvvee. It works your stomach muscles too because you have to really swing like you are playing golf.

BLech! I have so much trouble with super swing golf...lol. I've enjoyed the sports golf more in fact. Do you use the actual golf club thingie or just the wii remotes?

We have 6 gaming systems here, I'm scratching my head why I've never heard of animal crossings.....??????????????// What is that now?

Can a four year old play it? We like ones with mini games so that everyone in the family can enjoy.

Games we have for wii we (lol, i just said wii wee, tee hee) have now are gh3, super swing, sim spets, of course sports and wii play, carnival games, linx crossbow, fishing master, smooth moves

I do have the cord to go online but it's a real pain because I have to totally shut down power to my cable router (? the box that all my stuff comes through) to get it to work. Then when I go back online with my pc or use my home telephone, I have to do it all over again. Time consuming! In fact I think it may be the worst thing I have spent money on for the wii. I didn't know they had wireless.....how does that work? IE meaning what do you have to buy, and how much?

S

My 4 year old loves Animal Crossing. You get to fish and catch bugs, buy furniture and meet all the animals. You dig up fossils and donate them to the museum. It's great. My 3 year old is starting to try to play it as well. My 2 year old watches when my 4 year old plays. And you do not need to go online to play unless you want to. I have never had to go online yet for playing the game and I have had it since it came out on November 16th.

The wireless thing for the Wii is the Wifi connector. It is about 20 - 30 dollars. A cheap wireless router will do the same thing. It is a USB connector that plugs into the computer and lets you connect a Wii or a DS to the internet.

With Super Swing Golf, you have to go back to the beginning and they teach you how to hold the remote, how to stand, and how to swing. That way you have a better chance of getting Pangya when you hit for the fences.

I do not have the controllers that look like tennis rackets and such..just use the remote.

As for wireless. I bought a wireless router for our cable internet. I followed the instructions and it was easy. The router hooks up to your internet box (cannot think of the name of it right now) and then your box is still connected to your computer. Your computer (if you only have one) will not use the wireless connection. It will still be wired. But the router will send the signal wirelessly around your house.

That way you can use the wireless internet for you Wii, you iPod (if it has internet access), and any other laptop or computer in your house.

Then you go into the Wii console to set up the wireless connection.

If you have cable or DSL internet ( i dont think you can do it with dial up but you can ask around), you can buy the router almost anywhere. They sell them at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I bought a Belkin. They range in price from about $30 and up. Read the back of the box before you buy so that it is compatible with your computer. I have to do that anyway because I have a Mac.

Really easy to set up (at least mine was). I am not at all super computer savy. I can do somethings but I am stupid with most things. So if I could set it up, you can set it up.

Once you are wireless, go to a store like Gamestop and buy a $20 Wii points card (they only sell the $20 ones). Then you go to the Wii store in the Wii menu. Load your Wii points in there and for 500 points ($5.00) you can download the Internet Channel on your Wii.

I LOVE IT. If I need to look something up and THEY are on the computer, I do not have to kick them off. I can just go on the tv and go on the internet.

When you see me give really short answers on here..it is cause I am doing it on the Wii..LOL No keyboard so not as fast in typing out the letters with the remote.

We have 6 gaming systems here, I'm scratching my head why I've never heard of animal crossings.....??????????????// What is that now?

Animal Crossing. It is along the lines of Harvest Moon or Rune Factory. I have talked to many people and you either LOVE it or HATE it. There is no in between. So your best bet is to rent it and try it out.

I can and have become addicted to all three. It is along the lines of The Sims. You have to follow a storyline to get to an ultimate goal but you also get to control their lives a bit.

Can you tell I am getting a bit excited?? ROFL

Between the new Animal Crossing (i hope) and the new Guitar Hero..I am going to be very blurry eyed.

So who has the Animal Crossing for Wii so far?

I will want to share friends codes. I told Fred that I did not want Wii Speak so we will be typing to each other.

Thank you heidiiiii and nechee, that answered all my questions.....Yes, from your statements I believe that animal crossings is right up our alley...four year olds can play and similar to sims, awesome! Plus the wireless thing sounds great and much less time consuming jumping from using everything back and forth, especially because I have one main router that runs my cable, internet, phone and ipod. (cable high speed naturally, I want things fast, y'know???lol)

Thank you!!!!!! I know what our 'after' christmas purchases will be!!

S

we can share friend codes once i get the internet set up! :p i got the one with wii speak because i can use that with my other friends. So far my favorite feature of City Folk is the ability to transport your Wild World Character. I Love that you can bring your whole catalog with you.