Animal Crossing: City Folk

heidiiiii

Jeff,

What are the bugs of winter? I really stink at catching bugs. I have gotten the pill bug and the crickety thing you have to dig up. Where do you find a centipede?

Fish I can do..bugs not so much.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys are funny. My daughter is HOOKED badly on Animal Crossing. Her son got it for Christmas and he's too young for it so she hijacked it and is now addicted. Me I've been in a contest with my BIL in Wii Fit ski jumping...My high score so far...370

centipedes you find the same way as a pill bug. You have to hit the rocks. They are kind of rare, but I got two from the same rock in one night.

thats right. i dont know anything about a bug you have to dig up but i know lots of people ask me for bagworms which drop down from trees for a few seconds after you shake them then go back up into the tree. Im sure you could find a complete list of the winter bugs online. I signed up at AnimalCrossingCommunity.com maybe its listed there. Its similar to the greenleaf forums.

you guys are making me sad....I only SEE bugs when I scare them. Like when I move a snowball, or when I am digging around and miss my target. Never enough time to catch them with my net.

I was a tomboy growing up and collected bugs, very frustrating!

I've never seen one while shaking a tree...now I am going to have to try that.

Oh, and Heidi, you can pull up the stumps that you cut with the B button. My daughter cut so many trees one day that I got frustrated and meant to hit the side button to grab my shovel and discovered that.

My name in the game is Colette....I don't know if it matters. This was a name my daughter and I decided when we shared a player the first week.

S

Jeffrey, the bug you have to dig up is the Mole Cricket. If you are walking around and you hear a strange buzzing sound, dig some holes and one of those holes will give you a mole cricket. You have to be fast on the net because they walk away pretty fast. I have had so many of them jump into the ocean or off the cliff in my town. I still haven't caught the dung beetle that is near snowballs because every time I get near a snowball, I scare it and it goes away.

Taken from the Animal Crossing Let's go to the Wiki website. I will try to post the link for the website here http://accf.wikispaces.com/Trees

<H3 id=toc1>Bell Trees</H3>Grown by burying Bells with a golden shovel. These trees may produce three bags of Bells (a bit like fruit), each bag of Bells on the tree is the same as the amount of Bells buried. Bells will only sprout once, and even if the tree grows there is no guarantee that bells will be produced. The chance of a Bell Tree producing Bells is 1 percentage point per 1,000 Bells buried. So if you bury 10,000 (ten thousand) Bells you have a 10% (ten percent) chance of the tree producing three lots of 10,000 Bells (90% of the time the tree will just be a regular tree).

However the maximum payout from Bell trees is three lots of 30,000 Bells. So if you bury 50,000 Bells you'll have a 50% chance of the tree producing three lots of 30,000 Bells.

Using 100 bell coins to plant coins, while very unlikely to produce bell trees, can be a convenient method to plant many trees during one session

thanks for the info.

so if i bury 50,000 bells then theres a 50% chacne that it will sprout bells and it will only do that once and then become a regular tree?

EDIT: i guess i was on the losing side of the 50%...

today i cut down almost every tree in my town, divided the town up into acres, and made sure there were 9 trees and 9 flowers in each of the 25 acres...

Yes I was VERY bored. LOL now i just have to keep the flowers alive and keep the town weed free for 15 days and I will have a golden watering can to go with my golden shovel and golden sling shot.

Just thought i would share my Animal crossing day...

I figured out the money tree. If you plant some money and the baby trees leaves point up..it is a good tree and will grow. If they point down, the tree will not survive.

i planted 50,000 bells and it grew into a full tree but no money came out... o well!

I also found out that you do NOT have to water trees at all, the watering can is only for flowers. Trees will grow on their own if planted in the correct spot. for example if you plant a tree in a place where someones house could possibly be in the future the tree will not grow and will look wilted the next day. trees have to have one space around them on all sides and cannot be directly planted next to buildings, rocks, rivers, other trees, cliff walls, and of course, next to or around sign posts (since those dictate where future houses will be.) trees also will not survive if you try to plant them where the lighthouse, windmill, fountain or extra bridge will be built.

i finally donated enough money to get the extra bridge! im only 100,000 bells away from getting the fountain.

Also did you know that if you go into the city after 8pm one of the orange cones will be moved and you can go in to see resetti and he will give you a silver shovel!?

i didn't know that either! however, why do i need a silver shovel if I have a gold one?

Two of my money trees grew, but had no money :p

I haven't donated any money to my town, oh no! I've been more worried about what I owe Tom Nook....

I got around 4000+ bells out of a rock last night. I didn't know that they would give you that much!

S

i dont know why you would need a silver shovel either but its cool to see resetti in his little hideout.

if you dig a hole behind and next to you, you wont slide backward when hitting the rock. with this method you can get 8,100 bells out of it but there is a way to get more if your house has good feng shui.

i dont know why you would need a silver shovel either but its cool to see resetti in his little hideout.

if you dig a hole behind and next to you, you wont slide backward when hitting the rock. with this method you can get 8,100 bells out of it but there is a way to get more if your house has good feng shui.

okay,i was happy with the big buck i got....ha ha! that is even better

i'm going on, anyone game? i've been so wanting to visit everyone...so late i know...that is the time away from family and minis...big sigh, but i do LOVE my new hobby!

anyone game at this crazy hour?

heidiii, i'm never on in the morns because of schedules....SAHM!

and my home was featured at happy room academy, don't know if that means it is ready, doubt it, said cozy