MY WILLOWCREST HAS ARRIVED!

Ms. Mini

Hey everyone! I feel great I spent all night working on my Willowcrest and Im happy to report I have pictures! I posted them on my gallery so check them out and let me know what you think <_<

-Jenny

Looking Good Jenny!! Oh I can't wait to do this house! It is so beautiful!

Andrew, you know if you feel that the grain of wood is too big you can always score floorboards in the wood before you stain them by using a ballpoint black ink pen. It turns out very nice too. I did that with a sweetheart cottage about 6 years ago <_<

Most people don't even notice that the floors don't have them if you stain the floors with out it because usually there is a table rug and furniture all around the room.

Jenny, what colors are you gonna paint your beautiful house?? Ohh I can't wait to see more pictures of this house! The design of it is so dramatic looking!!

You lucky girl. I am so jealous, where did you get it from? They are so hard to find.

I actually got very lucky and bought this house on ebay for about 100 dollars. Its been my favorite greenleaf house for as long as I can remember! So I just HAD to have it! I'm thinking of a blue for this house. Maybe even the color blue that is on the box cover of the house. And I want to do a white trim . For some reason this house just speaks to me in blue. lol. I was thinking about deep blue as well. Almost Royal blue. But i havent found a paint to match that yet. Any ideas are great though! I cant wait to come home from mothers day shopping Im going to get right back to work!

you can always score floorboards in the wood before you stain them by using a ballpoint black ink pen.

I use the back of the point of my Stanley knife, that way I don't have to use any pressure and I break through the finish of the wood so the lower layer takes the stain and it shows up darker, so the "boards" show up.

I got mine whe Hbs dropped the price, at the time in all my innocence I didn't realize it was because the kit was being discontinued :p <_< When I build mine I'm torn between a clapboard finish or stucco with quoins, but I definitely want to go with a deep color and a lighter trim. The mom of the family who will live in it is a professor of Asian Art on sabbatical to raise her children, and the house will be full of Orientalia. I found a PERFECT Korean seated Buddha figure today in a Goodwill, I want to make a new base for it.

Maybe even the color blue that is on the box cover of the house. And I want to do a white trim . For some reason this house just speaks to me in blue. lol. I was thinking about deep blue as well. Almost Royal blue.

I am thinking about royal blue or some sort of purple for mine. :) One of these colors just seems so right for this house!

I used dark purple for the one I built with white trim!

it is gorgeous! that fancy trim just screams....make me lighter and the house DARK!

it really shows when the trim is on the house!

that was my favorite thing about this house is putting on that Trim!

oh and I was pretty excited about my staircase!

nutti :)

Hey everyone! Hope ur all having a great Sunday! I actually got to spend sometime working on my dear willowcrest and just posted some pics in my gallery! So let me know what you think! Anyone else working on this house right now?

I just wanted say that as a build the Willowcrest kit is a good one to start.....you get nice size rooms

it looks fancy and ornate and is a wonderful addition to any house(lsz)

but it is not as complicated as some houses to build and I found the instructions fairly reasonable to follow and there were photos! a plus for any house Im going to build.

its to bad they are so hard to find!

I bid on one the other day but the person bidding against me wanted it more! ;)

The got a good deal and a great house.

you are doing a great job and Im looking forward in seeing MORE :unsure:

nutti :lol:

I just wanted to let you know how excited i am! I am working on my willowcrest today! yay for a 3 day weekend! i expect to accomplish alot on this little beauty and im currently wallpapering my living room. I will pst pics today!

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Tada!!!! Oh dont worry Im still working away :lol: I just had to stop to post some progress! there are a few more pics than this that im just going to put in my gallery. So far today Ive stained, wallpapred, and did the crown molding and base molding to the living room. And im very very happy with the results so far! I even stained the ceiling. Im going for that victorian dark wood look.I stained all the base molding in "plantantion walnut" and the floors and ceilings are "dark walnut". Let me know what ya think! :p

Looking good. Is the wallpaper textured? It looks it to me. Very pretty.

yep it sure is! My favorite thing to use for wallpapering is scrap book paper from michaels. And especally since they had a HUGE safe on them this week! 25 cents a sheet! you cant beat that.

Jenny the wallpaper looks WONDERFUL!!! I noticed you said you found your kit on ebay for about $100 ! That was an EXCELLENT price!! This house used to sell retail for $135 new in box.

Keep the pictures coming! One day, I hope to build this one too!