3/11/06 Family Pictures

Yes he is! He is my best friend! ;)

We met 20 yrs ago when I was 17 and he was 20. It is so much fun watching each other slowly fall apart over the years! :lol:

He has held up very well! He still looks the same as the day I met him, except for the bald head. I like it better that way!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so much fun watching each other slowly fall apart over the years! :lol:
Hmmm. I'll have to think about that one... (we've been falling apart a lot longer than you have ;) )

He has held up very well!

So has mine, partly because we began the extra physical activity a while ago.

He still looks the same as the day I met him, except for the bald head. I like it better that way!

I can't say that about my DH, when we married he looked like Julian Bond's white twin (drool) (Julian kept his hair a longer time). He waited until we retired to let me shave the rest of his head, but I got so tired of his paying a baber to cut his few remaining hairs, and the barber left them long enough to comb!

Tell Fred God only made so many perfect heads, He put hair on the rest.

Hmm...well as a single person with no kids (at least no kids that aren't covered in fur) I was looking for pictures of me with mom and dad (I'm an only child) and couldn't find any...so I started looking for pictures of my family in general and I realized...this could explain A LOT about how I turned out just slightly crazy...

Dad, put down the alligator and step away!!!

post-735-1150048271_thumb.jpg

My grandmother's solution to the playing golf durring the rain dilemma (yes I'm related to all these men, the one on the far left is my dad. Two of the others are his brothers and the one that looks like he's already had one too many is my dad's uncle):

post-735-1150048301_thumb.jpg

My dad's brother...perhaps i should explain... He was having septic tank trouble so we made him a super-septic-diver kit so he could save some money. Putting it together only cost us about 23 bucks and about 4 hours in walmart...and I think they were relieved when we left. While he was grateful for our generosity and creativity, he decided to go with the new septic system instead of putting our engineering skills to good use.

post-735-1150048376_thumb.jpg

Some men dress up as Santa at Christmas, my uncle...who knows what he was thinking.

post-735-1150048479_thumb.jpg

We've even corrupted the young ones.

post-735-1150048546_thumb.jpg

My famous kissy face...

post-735-1150048603_thumb.jpg

And perhaps the only photo-worthy among us...Gigi, my grandmother's teacup pommeranian weighing in at a whopping 4 pounds. She actually has a playpen becuase she's so small when the house is crowded everyone is worried about either stepping on her or her becomming a chew toy for the bigger dogs.

post-735-1150048699_thumb.jpg

She's about 2 now but the picture was taken when she was a few months old. I wish I had a picture of her with the other dogs. They all get tired and crash out on the floor and she uses them as big toys to climb on and chew on (their ears) and she chases their tails. One of these days, one of them is going to smack her across the room. They also have a cat and gigi is smaller than the cat. She reminds me of a little cotton ball with legs when she runs around. I'm not much of a fan of tiny dogs but she's hysterical and she fits in my purse....but she'd never actually stay in it...she's far too hyper for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's me and mine......

post-760-1152985640_thumb.jpg

The 4 of us on my wedding day in October.

And my favourite piccie at the mo.....

post-760-1152985818_thumb.jpgpost-760-1152985818_thumb.jpg

Taken on holiday in May.

LOL!!! dont know how that one came out twice!!

LOL!! Dont know how that one came out twice!!

• 3 weeks later...

It was so nice to have seen all of your nearest and dearest so I will show you mine.

I am very proud to present my familie, daughters Karin and Annemarie, son in laws Sjoerd and Michel and my dearest friend and husband for 30 yaers Peter. The little woman in the red shirt is me, last april we all went to Mallorca, a Spanish Island and had a great deal of fun.

post-626-1154691617_thumb.jpgpost-626-1154691663_thumb.jpg

Your families are wonderful! April, I love the pics of your dad & male members protected while playing golf! ROTFL! My hubby wears some strange outfits while playing golf also! lol!

Gigi is so cute! My smallest cat Henry is bigger than her! She is adorable!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally have a picture of my husband and I. You can tell he is not thrilled about having his picture taken. (Actually it is the tux :lol: ) We were on our way to a ball. The other picture is of our sweet RayAnne.

The one of us I cannot get it to come out very clear for some reason.

SuzyQ, Oh my goodness! You all are Models!! You look beautiful and hubby is as handsome as ever and Rayanne, well you already know how I feel about her beauty :D

Wilma, your family looks Wonderful too. Handsome guys & beautifl girls. They can be movie stars too! :lol:

Just found this thread and its wonderful pictures! Here are some pics of our family.

These were taken on Father's Day 2006

DH Lloyd

Xochitl, age 13, baker & decorator of the cake

Gabriela, age 15

Lloyd and me on our wedding day, June 2004

The girls' mother died in 2003. It's been an interesting run so far. Despite the turmoil of the past few years, which for the girls included moving from North Carolina back to New Orleans (where they were born), me coming into the family, getting run out of town by Katrina, moving to a totally foreign land (central Missouri ... lol), I'd say we're hanging in there pretty solidly!

I know this is a few months late. I would like to have a family portrait, but it is hard to get all of us together. Especially since Mike went back to driving OTR. Mike and I Still aren't in the photo. I had this taken at the state fair yesterday.

post-19-1157582511_thumb.jpg

Clockwise from the top:

Joe, 14 (my stepson); Sheridan, 5; Mabyn, 15;

Ella, 3; Alysia, 11

Well, I can see I've been out of the loop! :( I totally missed this thread!

Here's a picture of me and Brian at 'Medieval Times' in Chicago. Brian took me and some of our friends there for dinner and the show. All hail the 'King' and 'Queen'! :o

post-267-1157584318_thumb.jpg

Our niece 'Chelsei' came to visit us this past March. Here's a picture of Brian with her. We had just dyed her hair!

post-267-1157584937_thumb.jpg

These are all at Chelsei's graduation last year (2005).

My mom and dad with Chelsei. post-267-1157588701_thumb.jpg

My sister Sheri and her husband Duane. post-267-1157588662_thumb.jpg

My sister Janie, her husband Martin and their two boys, Garrett and Brendan. post-267-1157588736_thumb.jpg

And me and Brian. post-267-1157588607_thumb.jpg

:( I know what you mean . . . I don't remember a napkin. I think wipes came at the end of the meal if I'm not mistaken. Guess they expected us to lick our fingers like in the olden days! :o

:( I had kids and they Were licking there fingers :o They sent warm wet paper towels after the meal. It was really good. We had the baked chicken, dragon tail soup & one spare rib :wub: (We had coke to drink too....that stuff has been around for ages I guess :p )