Show off your tree!

bookmarm

I'm blue because we probably won't put up our tree this year...just no time to do it with work and the store...and the 5 indoor cats. I have plans for dealing with that last trouble by next year (install glass french doors on the dining room and have a 'no cat' zone). I might still decorate the sideboard and windows and maybe one of the little houses.

I just enjoyed looking at Heidiiii's tree in her gallery.

I'd love to see what all of you are doing for the season!

please, please!

I need to get in the mood before I drive downtown and decorate the library dollhouse monday. :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas Tree 2008.

MF has been good at not touching the tree MUCH this year. Our other two cats (baby and chingy) are older and not interested. It is covered in antique and newer glass ornaments. Things I have inherited and things I have picked up over the years.

Tams, in the photo your walls look like the same color as the walls in my family room, and I used to have family photos arranged in a large group til I got tired of it and hung one of my paintings up instead. I even used to have a chair with a similar stripe pattern, mine was black, gray and white.

As for trees, haven't done mine yet, but the family says it looks the same every year, so here's one from last year or maybe the year before that.

tree.jpg

Grazhina, your real life house is as elegant and lovely as your minis.

Here's my tree. It always ends up in the den where it doesn't quite fit in with the oriental weapons collections but that's the only place where there's room for it! The family room is too full of three computer desks, tv, recliners, etc to put it in here. Heaven forbid I move my dollhouses to put it in the living room where it belongs!! :wave: At least in the den I can just shove things over to one side and put it in the middle of the floor. (the samurai helmet display can sit up on the hearth and we'll do without a fire till January) We went with a musical theme for the tree this year so there are guitars, drums, saxaphones and mirrored disco balls on it.

At the risk of being whapped with rolls of wallpaper, I have to say that I've completed my Yule shopping, all packages have been shipped out to where they're going, and all that's left to do are Christmas cards and some more wrapping. Bruce is still working on his shopping, but I'm all done. <happy dancing> I think this is the earliest I've ever finished.

Deb

At the risk of being whapped with rolls of wallpaper, I have to say that I've completed my Yule shopping, all packages have been shipped out to where they're going, and all that's left to do are Christmas cards and some more wrapping. Bruce is still working on his shopping, but I'm all done. <happy dancing> I think this is the earliest I've ever finished.

Deb

I am basically done also..*running for cover*

I have to mail out a couple things this week....if you do not see me in a few days you know I am still in line at the P.O. I am even done with all my wrapping.. :(

I just have to make cookies and buck eyes to give away and put out a *gift* for our mail carrier. He is a good egg.

Thanks for compliments on my Christmas decor.

Deb, looks like your tree has a bodyguard, cool. :teary: :rudolph:

I did some shopping last night online. I got ticked off at Amazon, they said half of what I wanted wouldn't be shipped til January, but the stuff was listed as in stock!!! They told me the same thing about some stuff I wanted to order last summer too.

I'm blue because we probably won't put up our tree this year...just no time to do it with work and the store...and the 5 indoor cats. I have plans for dealing with that last trouble by next year (install glass french doors on the dining room and have a 'no cat' zone). I might still decorate the sideboard and windows and maybe one of the little houses.

I just enjoyed looking at Heidiiii's tree in her gallery.

I'd love to see what all of you are doing for the season!

please, please!

I need to get in the mood before I drive downtown and decorate the library dollhouse monday. :banana:

I have four indoor cats and they can be a worry with the tree. If I have to go out I put them in rooms away from the tree 'til I get back. When I first put it up I got a spray bottle of water and spritzed them and said NO when ever they tried to get at the ornaments. I have rag dolls and bears underneath and now they are happy to just lay on those and look at the rest. I have been so lucky with my cats. They all have claws but never scratch the furniture. The spray bottle works really well and doesn't hurt them. :)

Grazhina - Your decorated room looks like it could be depicted on a Christmas Card. It is so beautiful.

-Susanne

DITTO ITS GORGEOUS!

need batteries and will post pic of tree at moms house. Dads tree isnt up yet. not doing my christmas village under it this year because of the 2 cats adjusting to each other :banana:

Hey everyone your trees are beautiful. Here is a picture of ours. It's 12 foot. Takes awhile to decorate haha. I think I posted it somewhere else here but I will now put it in the appropriate topic lol.

post-595-1228940365_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone your trees are beautiful. Here is a picture of ours. I think I posted it somewhere else here but I will now put it in the appropriate topic lol.

post-595-1228940365_thumb.jpg

your tree is beautiful but I LOVE YOUR GRINCH!!! hahaha