3/12/06 What are you working on now?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanding the first floor of the Coventry Cottage, trying to get pieces ready for a dry fit. Taking final pictures for the Lily Blog and cleaning the real house.

Peggi

Miniatures, I'm building, bashing & blogging the Coventry Cottage into a S GA house similar to DH's grandparents' home. I'm also stitching an Aubusson carpet that so far looks more 1/24 than 1/12 scale, due to the weave of the fabric. The McKinley is on "hold" until DH figures out how (& WHEN) he wants to wire it.

Other projects include a Xstitch picture for DMIL and I've begun knitting a layette for DS#1 & his lady's "great expectation" in October.

Tracy, how about a category in the "off topic" gallery for pictures of our non-mini creations?

Rearranging the entire apartment...

Trying to ID the "restaurant ware" plates my parents got us for Xmas (I have the pattern, the maker, the year, and the distributor... but they were distributed to more than one hotel, and I can't break the code!)...

Considering what color to paint the trim on Miles & Theo's house. It's only been assembled for three years now without having any windows or doors. And the exterior siding is on its third (or possibly fourth) paint job.

I'm actually working on a dragon for Cara's son...She passed away yesterday from an unexpected brain anurisium and on another site we are all doing things for the kids...she had a son that I think is 14 and a 4 year old little girl...

And on the side my little wizard I have been working on...will get pictures up soon in my gallery on here...check him out and let me know what ya think!!!

I've got the Coventry into a dry fit with the whole thing marked up with pencil getting ready to bash it into a japanese house. I'm waiting for a couple of pieces to be delivered so I can start on the building tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm making furniture and fittings for it (which is just a lot of fun!) I put in a huge order at mini.com today too so I can start on the Glencroft/wizard's house as soon as the Coventry is done. Oh, and I'm working on a landscaping plan for a formal japanese garden for the Coventry.

Other than that and working, I'm just doing the normal cooking/cleaning/reading. I haven't had much time lately for textiles, but making the cushions and pillows for the Coventry are giving me a quick fix for that addiction.

Deb

Right now I am working on colour schemes for my Buttercup and Orchid.

I think I am going to go for stone look for both.

And I am also finishing off the rooms in my Beacon Hill and making err... ducks.

I have working mostly on work projects. Still working on Laurel/Primrose. It has been over a year since I started. :D:D I am having fun. This weekend I got the rest of the shingles on the front of the roof. Made inserts for the windows so the look like paned windows. Wallpapered the attic rooms. Glued the primrose to the side of the laurel. After I did that I discovered that I had a "oops" where the two went together. I think I am going to build a brick flower garden box in front of the house to cover it up. This week I am going to try to get all the outside trim done. I also helped Alysia with her Buttercup. We spackled the outside of it. I figured it was the easiest for Alysia to do. It looks pretty good, too, except where one of the younger kids drug a finger through it. THis weekend Michael and I also put up a new shed.

Right now I am still working on making the Primrose into a beach cottage. Almost done with that. I made a boardwalk like deck out of craft sticks and a grass mat for the livingroom out of a placemat. I am thinking I'll make a couch today.

Since today is my day off, I'm doing the cleaning/washing thing between mini projects.

Kristen - sorry to hear about your friend. My grandfather went like that - incredibly quick and when they're young very much a shock. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

What I'm working on right now.. oy ready for the list?

First and foremost Spring Cleaning.. this is likely to take ALL spring and well into the summer. Blah. Almost finished with my 1/2" scale light house (the shell anyway), Just started my first 1/4" house.. no clue what I'm going to do with it but I definitely need to cut some doors and windows in it. Picked up a train track set up for my son so I'm trying to get the track clean so it conducts power well and it's quite old and faded and has some damage so it looks like I'll be completely refurbishing it to turn it into a Harry Potter scene complete with Hogwarts in the middle and the lake - I already picked up the frame for the Whomping Willow :D But I've never done landscaping before - yikes! Still working (slowly) on the gypsy caravan. My room box got turned into a U-Stor place heheh. The Wizards cottage is still under construction (now with lights) And of course there is the new Tall House which I've started looking for medieval ornamentation to go on - I think I'm going with the Castle type tower. The exterior still isn't speaking to me but every time I see the interior that's all I can think of. Oh.. and the yard needs mowing :D

-David

My hubby had decided he was going to build the Acorn dollhouse. He wants this house to be a kind of hunting lodge, lots of guns and grubby furniture, mattresses on the floor, dirty dishes, beer bottles everywhere, so I decided to help him and made him a urinal out of paper clay. I had never seen one in my life before, so he took pictures of some at restaurants and such so I could have something to go by. It was fun to make. He also made a fabulous roof. He used those corrugated plastic sheets that pizzas sit on when they are delivered. He went to some Pizza Pizza places and got lots for free. Painted them a dark terra cotta color and I was really impressed. He also made a bench for the porch I really liked as well.

I've just got some finishing up piddly things to do for the Orchid now and hopefully start on a new house soon. I'm thinking the Laurel might be my next one.

wow, wenlaine, can hardly wait to see your hubby's project! Sounds like something my husband Chris would love to build!

Kristin, my dad went with the same thing, only the base of the brain. You and your friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am currently working alot of 1/4 and 1/144th? scale stuff. Gnome homes, a scene in a teacup, all of these are club projects with Va. Miniature Enthusiasts. We finished our dome scene last year and have one more meeting or two on our small scenes.

I am also working on other projects for another forum, pictures should be up later. That and orders too. The Arthur I am still working out the kinks on the base--there are so many items in the landscaping I wish to add, so I want to make sure I get the amount of space I need for all of the items I have collected for the landscape.

Mr. Bannister's doll emporium, a Houseworks kit, only needs the signs finished and the wiring done, but have found so many items to fill the shelves! I found an adorable little girl (resin) to gaze at a hobby horse, and another one sitting on the floor I got at Ron's Miniature shop to stare at a Noah's ark on the floor. I just finished papering the 'dolls'house dollhouse' for the display window of the miniature store.

Well, let's see. From Thursday to Sunday I was shut in with a client that flew in from out of town. Last night I did some more wallpapering on the Lily. Today I am working.

I spent several days reorganizing my workspace. My Montclaire was just sitting there looking sad and all furlorn in a a majestic way, so I put away several small projects, (furniture refinishing and kitchen cabinets) dusted him off and got back to work. He is definitely looking more like his oldself.

It is morning, so I will describe what I plan to do today.

Housework, housework, and more housework.

Resize and upload some pictures.

Put the outside trim on the upstairs windows of the Coventry.

Fix a table that was in the McKinnely attic and ended up broken in the "earthquake"(fall) the house had.

Possibly glue the ceiling paper onto the Coventry.

Work on a peti point rug (victorian floral) Pattern found in Annelle Fergusons book.

Melissa

I am currently working alot of 1/4 and 1/144th? scale stuff. Gnome homes, a scene in a teacup, all of these are club projects with Va. Miniature Enthusiasts. We finished our dome scene last year and have one more meeting or two on our small scenes.
Sounds fun Lisa! I am working on a 1/4th scale house too. The teacup scene sounds wonderful.

Housework, housework, and more housework.

Melissa, you are a better woman than me. If I do THAT much housework, I will be too tierd to do minis :p

spent several days reorganizing my workspace.
Now, can you come over and do mine? I can only worka nd find stuff when I am UN-organized LOL

Well, let's see. From Thursday to Sunday I was shut in with a client that flew in from out of town. Last night I did some more wallpapering on the Lily. Today I am working.

You take it easy and I am saying WOW that you do all that and still are wallpapering the Lily

My hubby had decided he was going to build the Acorn dollhouse.
Wendi, That sounds great! Please take pictures along the way

David, you are doing 1/2" and 1/4" scale too??? This is GREAT too much fun for one forum I tell you! I want to see pictures of your stuff too!

I made a boardwalk like deck out of craft sticks and a grass mat for the livingroom out of a placemat. I am thinking I'll make a couch today.

I can't wait to see pictures Josi

Kristen, I am sorry to hear about your friend! You and the other miniturist are doing a WONDERFUL thing for her kids.

Ilovecats, I am glad you can pop in while you are at work! Now THAT is dedication :p

I am working on a coventry cottage and I am packing my real house :D I like the coventry but not the packing of the real house. :D

CAn't wait to see the primrose & laurel combined too. Do you have more pictures CrzyLdyWmn??

Calamari, we are sort of in the same boat. I am rearanging too because we have to put this on the market this month :p

Deb & Peggi, I can't wait to see more of your coventry cottages. I also love the Asian theme you are going for Deb.

Holly, Dean is working on the gallery thingy for other things we work on

Sunny Ray, I wanna see those ducks!!

:D

Kristin - So sorry to hear about your friend. My father in law died suddenly with a brain aneurysm 12 years ago. It's a terrible shock. I can't imagine what her young children must be going through. Was it unexpected?

As for what I've been doing. I'm at work right now ... my week off starts Thursday. I job share.

At home I'm working on a landscape plan for my Arrow dollhouse. I want to do an 1890 farmyard ... I love chickens. I bought some miniature bushes that I think I can pass off as raspberry bushes. I've got 60 little raspberries made up of varying shades of red (I strive for realism as much as possible, and raspberries vary in their degree of ripeness) to glue on the bushes. I thought a raspberry patch would be appropriate as part of the garden. I'm also reading up on how to make a vegetable garden ... deciding what I'll plant ... probably carrots, radishes, spinach/lettuce ... stuff like that. I want to have them running around the yard.

I'm also waiting (again) for Ray and I to have a day off together. I've printed off Darrel and Melissa's electrical tutorial. Then we'll wire the Arrow farmhouse.

I'd also like to participate in the April swap, so I'm thinking up things I could make under the various themes that are being proposed. As I'm still new to crafting my own miniatures, I need a little more time to get prepared. Also if I need supplies, it takes longer to order them in.

Unless I can figure out how to make chickens and rabbits (I also love rabbits), I'm going to have to see where I can buy some.

At home, I've got Dudley (16 year old cat ... my favourite) an appointment at the Groomers Thursday morning. He doesn't like to clean his black fur (he's a tuxedo cat) ... and most of his fur is black. Anyway, he mats, but doesn't like me cutting them out. I always give in to him. He'll sit real good for the groomer though. I think I"ll just have them dry shave him. It's easier for him. Since it's still so cold here, I'll have to buy him a sweater. Think I'll go with a pink fleece to match his nose. LOL Dudley's male enough to wear pink comfortably.

Susanne

what am I working on? hmm well my list isnt so very impressive as I am in the take it easy mode. but I do have a few things going on.

Im making slow steady progress on my coventry

now have Wallpaper for the Lily and will get to it when Im in a good place with the coventry

next week starts spring break and I will be spring cleaning house with my daughter so it will look nice while I am recuporating. I have my suitcase out and have my notebook ready for making a packing list

2 weeks and Ill be at my first ever miniature show! and meeting some of my Greenleaf pals!

This is the anniversery trip DH promised me for our 20th.

I also have been gathering projects I can do while recuporating.

I have been good and not started my 1/144th Beacon Hill but it has been a struggle.

I have my sewing Machine out to mend anything I might want to take with me.

so see not so much going on.

well I have been stoopidvising Dh as he puts a new privacy fence around our yard.

and doing inventory down in the pool area to see what I need to get the pool up and running.

we usually do that right before Memorial day.

see not so much.

I have been busier.

Oh Lisa I would love to do a teacup scene!! Lucky you!

nutti :D

At home, I've got Dudley (16 year old cat ... my favourite) an appointment at the Groomers Thursday morning. He doesn't like to clean his black fur (he's a tuxedo cat) ... and most of his fur is black.

Oh, how funny!

I'll have to watch if our gray-and-white cat washes her gray parts.