3/12/06 What are you working on now?

In between work,housework and getting ready for work/babysitters'&school,I finally started back in minis after a 4 year break.Got the Thomas bungalow(Alyce's Witch House) up out of the dungeon,and carefully removed the porch roof and columns.Cut the roof peak off the front and am working on a new circular porch roof and longer columns.The house and I are debating whether the columns and porch beams should be Craftsman ,arms with hands,or tree branches.Thinking about how the new high peaked roof and conicular front should be constructed.My two four year old assistants have discovered monoject glue syringes make great squirty guns which shoot REALLy far,but only outside the house. :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To placate her while she waits, I've put some new geraniums on her balcony.

-Susanne

<giggling> If that's what it takes to keep a BH happy, I'm gonna need roses and a bottle of wine for mine! :) But she's still in the box and is actually the most patient of the houses waiting to be built. But then, I promised her that if she would wait patiently, I'd give her a full prima dona treatment and make her the most stately of victorian mansions. I promised her an additional wing. I promised her a conservatory. I promised her Bespaq. She said she'd be under the table taking a nap till I was ready. <cackle>

Deb

Hmm what am i working on! a few things!

- petting my willowcrest dollhouse box, planning in my head the staining and such i will begin this weekend.

- shingling my coventry cottage

-starting a pato furniture kit

-reading the book "the historian" FYI its REALLY good

- spring cleaning!

[Which Dean Koontz? I love his books!
Dragon Tears now finished

-reading the book "the historian" FYI its REALLY good

ohh I just finished that book before I went to the hospital! I couldnt hardly put it down!

love that kind of book!

have to start new book today...perhaps the nora roberts book a friend loaned me for this time.

getting staples out today :D

going to fill Easter eggs for 5 kids=5 doz.

oh and at least 2 naps :D

nutti :D

Such multitaskers! For those you you working on more than one house, I applaud you. My little "Frankenhouse " Coventry is all I can manage. Having just gotten off crutches (YAY!!!) I'm using spring break to catch up on some housework, finish reading the Da Vinci Code (I can only read for fun durring breaks from school, otherwise I'd fail out...) and bringing the Coventry to life. I'm working on both the bays, and am all set to start putting in the hardwood floor (black walnut throughout). I will spend some time today filling gaps, and generally trying to clean up some before I begin the templates for the floor. I also need to pick up paint, so I can pre-paint the porch posts before I put them in. (purple)(So far, we have no paint or decore at all, just good ol primer white). I already have the paint for the kitchen (lemon yellow) and the walpaper for the living room ( a pink shade that DD picked out). so I'm itching to play with those too. I only have a couple days before I need to prepare for finals, so I'm trying to scurry.

After all the hard work, I'm looking forward to adding some color!

Have a great day,

Lori

What am I doing? Well mainly feeling guilty because I'm not doing enough.... my poor neglected Orchid makes me feel so bad I have to avert my eyes everytime I go in there.... and the two old ladies in Wobbly Cottage are getting very irritated because I haven't started their garden..... and I notice they have been hitting the gin rather a lot lately... so I guess I will have to give the cottage a bit of attention. George Street (my 40's house) is looking a bit squalid inside - what happens in there to make it so untidy... so that will need a wee spring clean and where on earth does all that dust come from.....

I have been working on a group of dolls for someone and I dont know about you all but when you are making something for another person - it makes you super critical... so one of them has had the clothes ripped off and redone... ho hum I have come to a decision (maybe) about my farmhouse and plan to make it a georgian house... but I would love to add a bit to the back.. at the moment it is still in my head - and it will need quite a bit of research as I would like to make it - late eighteenth/early nineteenth century. One of the good things about a Georgian farmhouse is that I dont have to put in a bathroom..... they would have an outhouse and everyone would have a chamber pot under the bed!!!!! I am collecting various pictures in a file on my computer.... the kitchen cooking arrangements being quite still quite primitive at this time.... I find that a lot of American colonial pictures are just right for the period. No doubt I will be at the planning stage for quite some time yet. At our local dollshouse club the other day we had a go at making flowers so I can see a bit of expenditure on paper punches coming up......although I have to say I like my plants to look a little less than perfect - more like my real life garden. Speaking of which this is the time of year when I have to get the garden knocked into shape and despite fears of chicken flu I still have my little bantams..

I am looking forward to a visit from my sister from Canada next week - she is also into miniatures so hopefully we will find some miniature viewing.... and maybe a little bit of mini crafts to try out while she is here.

Its lovely to come back to the site after a while and find you all chatting away as ever....

Best Wishes Margaret

I have noticed a few of my dolls in the club pages of various dolls house mags... and sad to relate - the majority of them seem to be inhabiting pubs...... now where am I going wrong... perhaps a little too relaxed looking..

I have noticed a few of my dolls in the club pages of various dolls house mags... and sad to relate - the majority of them seem to be inhabiting pubs...... now where am I going wrong... perhaps a little too relaxed looking..

Your dolls are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome work!

The dolls I have from you are not in pubs but it does not mean they don't visit one from time to time

Your dolls are perfectly welcome to come have one on the house at the Sprig of Holly :lol:

I have posed a theory in the course of blogging the Coventry build yesterday, that miniaturists select wines based on the miniature applications of the label pictures. Case in point, the picture over the fireplace in the pub's bar is the Lakeridge Winery in Clermont, FL, straight off a bottle of Southern Red :lol:

Roflmao--are you willing to pass it around?

Oh sure! I have more than one! <handing a bottle to Peggi>

I'll take one too. I'm out.

Here ya go Terri! I got some more Hatteras Red.

i dont know about choosing wine by the picture on the label... but just show me a book with a country cottage and garden on the cover and I snap it up.....

I have gone off books with females in low cut necklines.... and when I see the heroine described as 'Beautiful and tempestious' ..... well - forget it....

Joanna Trollope usually has nice domestic artwork on the front... a window with a cat and a bowl of flowers... lovely - looks like my kind of book....

I have been sick the last few days. I am feeling better now. I completed the Copventry yesterday, as soon as I download the pics I will post them. I also started putting on the roof on the Garfiled yesterday. I have left the gable of and just placed the 2 main sections, It will be easier to electryfy this way. I will be staining and varnishing some trim and staircase parts today, maybe work on some stitching.

Melissa

I think i got over the slump! Yeah me!

I wallpapered master bedroom, and the bathroom. I also started on the trim in the kitchen!

Feels good to get something accomplished!