Someting I would love to do

PATBIDLACK

Learn how to speak spanish so that i can communicate with some of my patients, I think it would be cool to know more than one language. Learn how to play my acoustic guitar that i bought when i was 19. i still have it. Travel. I want to go to so many places. England is on the top of my list and I hope to got there next fall....for 2 weeks. I want to go to Alaska and go hiking and fishing. I like I said...so many places I'd love to go!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi, can I join you? I'd also love to visit Anna. :yes:

One plane from Bradley International (or TF Green)...stop over in Maine..then off to Sweden. Got room Anna?

You know she lives near the water...it would be nice to go in the Spring or Summer.

Now I will need some industrial strength anti anxiety meds and a couple cocktails and I should be okay!

Okay, so now we have to figure out how much the airfare is going to cost....I do not think my Piggy bank is going to cut it! LOL

I am serious about it though. I have never ever ever even stepped on an airplane in my entire life. If I was going to do it..I am going to do it big. Go back to the land of my Father, hang out with our Nordic Witch Anna, and buy lots of cool stuff to bring home!

Flights from Hartford, CT to Maine round trip is around $400. From Maine to Stockholm is $400-500 round trip.

I'd love to expand on my house in order to have a haven for unwanted cats (sorry, I'm not scheduled enough for dogs)...

Since zoning prohibits that, my other is ice sculpting.... I'd love to learn how to do that! With the chainsaws et al...

Get on an airplane and visit Anna in Sweden!

Come on over, we'll through a huuuuge party, and the more, the merrier! Oh and Holly we have a "creek" I think it is called or perhaps a river that is perfect for kayaking running through the town....

HUGS

I'd love to expand on my house in order to have a haven for unwanted cats (sorry, I'm not scheduled enough for dogs)...

Since zoning prohibits that, my other is ice sculpting.... I'd love to learn how to do that! With the chainsaws et al...

I'd love to do this too. Our city zoning bylaws would prohibit it also. I'd like to have a parcel of land outside the city and have a house with outbuildings and runs to take in unwanted cats and dogs. I'd like to have two houses on the property: one for Ray and I and the other for my brother and his wife (they're more into dogs than I am). I love dogs, but understand cats much better. It would be fun to just putter around and enjoy all these animals each and every day.

The only downside is I don't think I'd like country living. I've also been a city person.

-Susanne

I would love to go to England and Ireland but am afraid to fly. Going by ship can be claustrophobic too, and there are pirates again on the high seas. If I had someone to go with me and could be unconscious during take off I might be able to do it. :blink:

OMG, Pat! This describes me exactly! When I tell people I'm afraid to fly and they suggest a cruise, my first thought is 'claustrophobia'! I think I'd want to be unconscious during the entire trip, so we'll need a third person. :groucho: And I'd like to add Scotland and Wales to the intinerary.

Maybe since Greg likes to travel he could join us and we could all go to visit Anna via Ireland and the British Isles. And if Heidi comes along, maybe we could get a 'comatose' group rate. :o

OMG, Pat! This describes me exactly! When I tell people I'm afraid to fly and they suggest a cruise, my first thought is 'claustrophobia'! I think I'd want to be unconscious during the entire trip, so we'll need a third person. :groucho: And I'd like to add Scotland and Wales to the intinerary.

Maybe since Greg likes to travel he could join us and we could all go to visit Anna via Ireland and the British Isles. And if Heidi comes along, maybe we could get a 'comatose' group rate. :blink:

I don't know about flying but you definitely could get a group rate on the cruise ship.

I would love to spend the time in Charm City Cakes as well. I do some cake decorating (I took all the courses) but I am nowhere near as good as they are. Also there would be a moving van in my townhouse driveway to take me and my family and all our stuff to our nice 4 bedroom house. With a good workshop in the basement, for mini's of course.

I love flying, when the plane is actually allowed to leave the tarmac; we always try to get me a window seat so I can look out (I'm VERY claustrophobic); but I don't see being able to afford an international flight with two kayaks!lol and Sweden is a LONG way to paddle...

I would love to go home to Texas and see my family, including my 1-yr-old great niece. Then come back to my new hometown in Rhode Island and explore the rest of New England.

Come on over-you have a place to stay, with me. We coul (sticky key) mini all night!

I would buy a very old large victorian house and renovate it. A room for every craft I want to do, (sewing, minis') so that I am not constantly picking up and storing one item while starting something else, a room for the cats to live in (out of my craft rooms so I don't have to be picking up items they knock off the counters and shelves). A room for our record collection and music. But of course I would have to keep my old farm house too. We would have two homes. The farm for summer and the victorian mansion for winter. When I'm not crafting I would be traveling, traveling, traveling. Oh to see England and Germany!. Here in the states I would be traveling in our renovated 1969 Shasta trailer. All over the lower 48 states. Notice I say nothing of working. Done too much of that in my life. Rita

Rita,

My dream was also to own a very large Victorian home. We kept looking at them when we were shopping for a home but Fred kept steering me away. Too big! Too much to clean! Too much to upkeep!

I dreamed of fireplaces, pocket doors, corner hutches, butler`s pantries, hardwood flooring, etc etc.

He was right. I became ill a couple years after purchasing our home now and I can say that I would have never been able to keep the place up to my standards.

I could kill him though also...There was this house that I wanted really really badly. It was in our price range but it was in the upper reaches and we decided we did not want that high of a mortgage payment. They wanted like $120k for it. Five years ago it sold for $300k. OMG! That could have been us pocketing that moula!