Whatcha Watchin'?

Deb

So, what's everyone watching to put you in the holiday mood? What's your favorite movie or tv special? I had to dig out Scrooged with Bill Murray this week and watch it. That's one of my favorite Christmas movies. I *love* Carol Kane in the role of Christmas Present. "Sometimes you have to slap them in the face just to get their attention!" and "Oh look! A toaster!!" hehehehehhehehee She cracks me up every time. Of course, "Christmas Story" is a must-watch but I'll wait till Christmas day when Bruce is at work and I'm just hanging out. That'll have me giggling all the way thru. I love that movie.

What's everyone else watching? Is there a certain movie or tv special that really gets you in the mood for Christmas? And how about some of the new movies that are being released on Christmas day? Is anyone going to the theater for the new releases?

Deb

"A Chrismas Carol" any version. I have 3 versions now and I have a "feeling" (or I might have heard my fiance talking on the phone to my son", that I will be getting the version with Patrick Stewart in it in my stocking.

I have no idea why, but I cannot abide "A Christmas Story". However, my house will be watching it when it is on for 24 hours.

We will be going to see one of the new releases next weekend because we have 2 movie tickets that expire on the 31st so we want to use them up. However, I do not know which one yet.

I watch two versions of Little Women. The one with Katherine Hepburn and the one with Winona Ryder. For some reason I also like to watch Nicholas Nickleby, not really Christmasy.

I watched as much of "Elf" as I could sit through the other night. I do like the first Tim Allen "Santa Clause" movie, David Krumholz's Bernard the Elf is a hoot! My all-time favorite Christmas movie is "It's a Wonderful Life" with "The Bishop's Wife" & "Miracle on 34th Street" close seconds. I don't care to go to the movies and listen to all the rude chatter going on around me when I paid to hear the movie as well as to watch it.

I will never forget the year that Christmas Vacation came out on video. My sister and Mother came over to hang out and I told them I had a movie for them to watch.

I think I should have given them each a pair of Depends before I started the movie.

Not a Christmas movie (more thanksgiving) but Fred and I love to laugh at the movie Home for the Holidays...Charles Durning, Holly Hunter, Anne Bancroft, and Robert Downing jr. It reminds me of my dysfunctional family growing up..LOL

The Christmas movies I have to watch (that I own all on DVD) are A Christmas Carol (with Alistair Sims), National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story. I also have to get my fill of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and of course, Frost the Snowman. I have all the Christmas specials burned on DVD and I watch them with the kids all the time.

I totally agree with Holly about It's a Wonderful Life, and The Bishop's Wife is one of my very favorites, as well as Dan's. He likes One Magic Christmas, with Mary Steenbergen( not sure how to spell her name). One newer one I really enjoy is Love Actually, with an all star cast. It really is cute! And any version of A Christmas Carol.

A Christmas Story was filmed here in northeast Ohio, and there are tours this time of years through the house. I wouldn't go, but a lot of people do.

I also drag out all the christmas movies I have. I love Scrooged - my fav scene the same as Deb's.

And I have to watch the Santa Clause and Miracle on 34th street (original).

I don't like Christmas story.

I have 25 or 30 christmas movies. I should just do a marathon. Don't know if I could sit still that long though.

I'm going to have a christmas movie day! I was going to work on dollhouses, but i doubt it now for today.

I have Christmas story, christmas vacation, Santa Clause I&II, Elf, A christmas carol with patrick stewart, I thought i had the Grinch with jim carey but i can't find it.

other christmasy movies that i have and love are: the holiday, home for the holidays, the family stone and love actually.

I had forgotten someone remade "Miracle on 34th Street"; they should have left well enough alone!

Ahhh my very favorite Christmas movie, the original of course with Natalie Wood. Also just love Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. I never stop laughing at that one.

I forgot to mention something about the movie Love actually. It is R rated because of a few somewhat naughty bits, so it's not for children. I had completely forgot about that because the rest of it is cute and romantic.

I have talk radio on, and Rush had just now mentioned this movie, and reminded me of the rating. So, no kiddie should watch

No one mentioned Christmas in Connecticut starring Barbara Stanwyck, a great Christmas movie. At our house other faves are the original Miracle on 34th st, the two Home Alones (not the third one, though it has its moments), Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and The Santa Clause. I also get a kick out of the second Santa Clause, though it's not as good as the first.

Our all time favorite Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation! I love the classics as well, but this one is the best. We still laugh, even though we've seen it many, many times. I would love to watch The Santa Clause again....especially to see all the Greenleaf dollhouses! :no:

i love a christmas story with ralphy im the only one in my house that does. the new mirale on 34th street, the santa clause movies, christmasvacation and one that has not been said yet christmas with the cranks

My favorite is 'Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol'. I know, it sounds horrible, doesn't it. But it's a musical and the songs are all lovely, with an 'Englishness' to them. I watched it when it was first aired in 1962; I was 9. I remember sitting at my friend Gerard's kitchen table with him and my little sister.

Running a close 2nd is the usual versions of Christmas Carol. Then 'A Christmas Story'.

Somebody's blog listed 'The Bishop's Wife' as their number one pick, and I notice several people here have mentioned it. I'll have to check it out.

Any version of Christmas Carol EXCEPT the Alistair Sim version, can't stand it. The George C. Scott and Muppet versions are far superior. A Child's Christmas in Wales, classic stuff there.

I cannot stand A Christmas Story, never got even near half way through. New ones, a little different, Die Hard and Die Hard 2, hey they're set at Christmas time, so it counts. Yipee Kayeh .........................

It just occured to me that I can probably quote the entire book of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". LOL! Not only have I watched the cartoon dozens of times, but after almost 20 years of teaching little ones, I probably read the book hundreds of times. Max was my favorite character.

What are your kids watching? And what special Christmas programs do you watch with them? Are there some that you watched as a child that you get to see anew thru your children's eyes?

Deb