Movie Star Santas

Deb

Since we were talking about Christmas movies and I saw a list of movie star Santas on a news site this morning, I thought it would be fun to put the list here and see who everyone's favorite is. I think children have an inner vision of what Santa looks like. Did that inner vision stay with you as you grew up and influence which movie Santa appeals to you the most?

Here's the list:

Tim Allen (The Santa Clause)

Richard Attenborough (Miracle on 34th St)

Ed Asner (Elf)

Edmund Gwenn (Miracle on 34th St)

Tom Hanks (The Polar Express)

Jeff Gillan (A Christmas Story)

Billy Bob Thonrton (Bad Santa)

If you pick Billy Bob, we're gonna ask you questions about your childhood. <cackle>

I didn't get to believe in Santa as a child. My mother told me in the cradle that there was no such thing. But if I had believed, I think he would have been like Tim Allen.........he'd have a sense of humor and be not quite perfect.

Deb

If that's not Santa Claus, I don't know who is...well other than Dean, of course! :p

Sssshhhhhh. We're not supposed to tell anyone about Dean (but he really is the best Santa of all).

Deb

I have to go with Edmund Gwenn, that was the first movie I ever saw with a Santa Claus in it. I like Tim Allen's version, also.

Viggo Mortinson!!!!!!!
He may not have ever played Santa Claus, but Santa could leave him under MY tree, too!

I think I have to concur about Edmund Gwenn and Tim Allen. Both did a great job in very different ways. Now if they just put Jim Carrey in the role we can cancel Christmas completely, no one ruins a film like that guy.

Here's the list:

Tim Allen (The Santa Clause)

Richard Attenborough (Miracle on 34th St)

Ed Asner (Elf)

Edmund Gwenn (Miracle on 34th St) This is my pick! Hands Down! I wanted to be Natalie Wood when I was little. Hmm? Natalie.

Tom Hanks (The Polar Express)

Jeff Gillan (A Christmas Story)

Billy Bob Thonrton (Bad Santa)

If you pick Billy Bob, we're gonna ask you questions about your childhood. <cackle> Ummmm. No comment..LOL

Deb