new addition to my little family

ilovecats

i took my cat to the vet, she has a uti. they had this cat that they were having a hard time finding a home for. someone abandoned him. i thought about it overnight and decided that he seemed like a sweetheart, so i adopted him today. he's enormous and seems like a big teddy bear. i have him here in the office, i'll try to introduce him to the other cats in about a week. he's very social and they told me that he gets along great with other cats. i hope he fits in quickly. so far he's been incredibly sweet. i've decided to name him Max. His name was Parker but I don't think it suits him at all.

Gee Max is magnificant! Lovely cat! As to why people are abandoning kitties, dogs, horses, etc., it's the economy. All over the news about more and more animals being dumped when their owners are forclosed upon or driven to seek a different life style. Sad for the animals.

Congratulatins on Max the Magnificant!

Congrats on the new furbaby. He looks so sweet. I know the economy is bad but there are ways to give up a pet and make sure it has a good home rather than abandoning them. Thank you Marg for taking him in and giving him a loving home.

Thanks everyone!

He's a nut i can tell already. He's very talkative this morning and obviously LOVES attention an d to be petted. i'll have to get used to him as i am sneezing up a storm this morning and my face is itching. that will get better over time. he has the most enormous feet. he just had me rub his tummy and talked to me in the most satisfied and happy voice as i was doing it. he's a chub. not a tiny cat by any means...lol.

i worry about his claws. he's starting to use them a little on the carpet. i have a scratching post in here. i guess i should put it in the middle of the floor as a hint. my gosh he really is enormous!

Oh I love ginger cats. He is a beauty. I know what you mean about the sneezing and the heftiness. MF is heafty and I get an itchy face when I really really pet Chingy (our siamese). He is the only one that does it to me.

Wow, he is gorgeous! I can't believe anyone would abandon him. Of course, I can't believe anyone could be so cold as to not find a suitable house if they couldn't afford their furkids anymore..

Well he talked and he talked. then he acted like he wanted to climb on my lap. so i held him for almost 10 minutes and he purred and kneaded my arm. he is a real sweetheart. i sat here staring at the computer screen the whole time since i had to use both arms to hold him. he's a big baby and i told him so.