new addition to my little family

ilovecats

Soooo, are the other kitties curious of what is hiding on there with you just yet?

Hugs

yah, and i just let him out of the room for a few minutes. oscar the cat was curious and got fairly close. my cat jinx came up the stairs meowing then max started hissing, but not bad. i locked him in the bathroom until i shooed off the other two, then put him back here in the office. it's too soon, but i think the small foray will help each day.

He has some of the "look", but his "M" is sort of faint...

I did take that into consideration. I had a Maine Coone once. He was huge and even though he was a different color, they look almost identical. Especially the big paws.

Vertigokitten has the biggest paws I have ever seen on a cat. Even though he is not a Maine Coone, he has the M on his forehead and he is quite the big boy. I have come to the conclusion he has MC in his genes. I used to think he was part mountain lion till I found out about the M. When we got him at 9 weeks old his name was M&M. That name didn't last long.

I found about Maine Coon cats from one of my friends in Jacksonville who had one that loved to sit on laps, but mine wasn't big enough to hold him all! He was HUGE! and had seizure disorder.

I found about Maine Coon cats from one of my friends in Jacksonville who had one that loved to sit on laps, but mine wasn't big enough to hold him all! He was HUGE! and had seizure disorder.

I love Maine Coon's.They are big teddy bears. Sorry to hear about the seizure disorder. How long did yu have him?

I haven't seen our friends who had the cat since we moved away, but they have since both become nurses and the cat has, by now, gone on to the Rainbow Bridge; that was 20 years ago when we moved.

I took him back to the vets office today. i feel terrible about it, but relieved at the same time. he is a really sweet cat, but his claws are a big problem. i don't believe in having adult cats declawed as it can be painful for them and change their personalities. he was too enthusiastic about using them and i didn't want him to use them on one of my other cats or to destroy anything. he kept really digging them into the carpet to sharpen them and kept scratching the door. he got my finger pretty good last night. i think eventually he would have fit in with the other cats, but i could tell he was going to be destructive. i do feel guilty but relieved. i really should have investigated to see if he was declawed or not. i did ask but i either didn't hear the answer or they never gave me the answer. i almost took him back after i got him home and discovered the claws but gave him the benefit of the doubt. i almost didn't take him at all because it's hard to introduce an adult cat into a multi cat household. i should have stayed firm and said no. i feel bad. they made it sound like they already have another location to place him. i feel bad because his previous family abandoned him and now i did. i wasn't going to even post about what i did but since so many people responded to this post, i have decided to let you all know. i feel sad about this but relieved as well.

Awww, what a pity, but I certainly understand needing to bring him back. Better to have him settle somewhere else than struggle with him I think. I'm sure he'll look at it as a holiday with you, not you abandoning him! :)