YAY!!!!!It's here!!!! (Garfield)

AngieC

I finally got my Garfield. I did my inventory, read my warm up sheet and started with the foundation pieces. I noticed right away that the directions don't tell me how much time to give it between steps. For example when I glue the first two pieces at the A and B butts do I let that dry overnight before doing the outside pieces of the foundation or can I continue with the rest of the steps? I am using probond wood glue by Elmer's. I can see I am going to be on this board a lot. Thanks ya'll.

:D

How much time between steps depends on how well you understand the instructions & how well the dry-fit goes. Once you're ready to begin assembly, you can always begin to sand and stain, seal, prime or otherwise R & P whatever section you want to do next whilst the glue dries on the one you're finishing up. Sometimes I just kick back & wait for the Muse to catch up :D

Thanks guys, I dry-fitted the foundation and now today I will glue. I am so excited. I was so afraid to start yesterday because I thought I would ruin it but I dove in and I am having a blast.

Hurray for Angie. You are going to pass me up I have been working on this thing since Christmas but have only the foundation, stairs, and window trim done. We are so busy!! I am hoping to get back to it this week.

Suzanne

Well, now, Susanne, I haven't built the Garfield yet, so I'm not sure if it requires *magic* words. And maybe we shouldn't mention them, anyway :lol: , in case Angie has no feral cats or other critters to dispose of the poor little birds who might drop dead flying through the big blue cloud that arises from the use of those words, and there she'd be with a yardful of little rotting carcases. No, not a pretty sight when trying to build such a big, beautiful house. Let's don't tell her about the *magic* words :D .

Besides, if she needs them, I'm sure she'll know which ones to use... :D