Another trip to cardiac care

Deb

Bruce has been having some chest pain and pain in his left arm lately when he moves around too much. A trip to the ER and one to his doctor haven't shown any problems in the EKG so we've been waiting for his doctor to talk to the cardiologist. They called today and said he has to have an angiogram on Friday. Needless to say, this is worrisome. Bruce isn't dealing with it well. I don't think I'm even trying to deal with it, just focusing my energy on keeping him from worrying himself to death waiting for Friday. They're checking to see if there's another blockage or if there's a problem with one of the stents.

I'll be off line at least on Friday. If all goes well, he'll get to come home on Friday afternoon. If they find something that needs to be fixed, it'll be Saturday or later depending on how it goes. Any happy thoughts, good energy, prayers or positive vibes you can send our way will be appreciated.

Deb

Deb, give Bruce a huge Hug for me. It will turn out fine and I am so happy he is sticking to going to the doctors. I know sometimes after you get two "all is well" stickers, you can start to think that just maybe they are right and nothing is wrong. If he is still having pain, I am 100% for going to the doctors again. We know that sometimes we gotta be our own advocates when it comes to health. Being proactive helps keeps us active.

Love you both! I will keep you both in my prayers.

Oh Deb, what a worry! Sending lots and lots of warm, healing energy - and positive vibes to bolster your strength. Being a rock isn't easy! Hugs to you both. I feel that all will be well .... I'll focus on that feeling. :p

At least he knows that chest pain radiating down the left arm is A SIGN! to run, not walk, to the doctor. I keep y'all in my prayers all the time anyway, little Sister, but extra ones are on the way for Bruce. {{{More hugs}}} :p

We know that sometimes we gotta be our own advocates when it comes to health. Being proactive helps keeps us active.

It's the doctors that are being proactive. It took a couple of hours this morning for me to convince Bruce to go along with it and if he could find a way out of it, he would. <sigh> When he had his second heart attack, it took 5 days to get him to the ER. I told the doctors to make sure they wrote "stubborn SOB" on his chart just so they knew how to deal with him. His PCP got the last of the test results in today and discussed it with the cardiologist who said to get him in for the angiogram. In the meantime, they've doubled his blood thinners and that seems to be helping.

Thanks for all the loving care guys. You are my dear friends and family and your caring is helping me more than you can know.

Deb

Lots of calmly thoughts your way Bruce. I cannot tell you not to worry because I know I would. This is your chance to lay about and have Deb be your Florence Nightingale for a couple of days.

I know it is scary but think of the alternatives. I think those are scarier. So just relax, seize the remote, relax, have Deb fetch you a beverage, relax, get some reading done, relax, relax, relax.

:p

Heidi