Show Your Baby Picture

LPCullen

LOL... that "SC Gayle" doesn't change! She DOES still look the same!

I never was bald...always had a head full of hair. My only beauty, (sort of)... ever!!!!

Sadly my most shown baby pic has my hair swept up 'Kewpie doll' fashion into a top spike. My dear brother photo-fiddled with the pic and cut it off for me later!

What a great idea! I love seeing all the wonderful pictures! Most of my belongings are in storage but I'll see if I can find something.

For the people who put their picture in their avatar but not in their post, is there a way that I can enlarge it? The eyesight not being what it was . . .

I'm sorry you lost them. As I said, this is all I have. When my mom died so suddenly, we got what we could find out of the house before the estate sale. Somehow the photo albums disappeared, so I have very few. That's why I'm such a bug about making electronic copies of everything. I have a stack of CD's full of scanned family photos from every side of my and DH's families, along with all the marriage, birth, death, certificates, family trees, etc. I really encourage anyone who has a scanner or access to one to do this. no expense other than blank CD's and time.

Somehow the photo albums disappeared, so I have very few.

My mother`s photo albums disappeared too. All the way to my sister`s house.. <_< That is the last sticking point that I have with her. Lots of bad blood between us in the past but I am over it all (no ill will on my part) but the thievery of the albums still pi**es me off. (she will not make copies of any of them for my children). I only have 2 of my baby pictures. She has all the rest.

That, I just don't understand! I don't have many relatives alive, but have traded photos with them. And Larry's cousins and I are always finding new photos and sending scans to each other. I've met a lot of distant relatives through genealogy groups and gotten some wonderful trades that way. it's not like it costs them anything but time, and I've gotten and given, lots of genealogy information that way. My MIL's dad was killed when she was very young, so she knew little or nothing about that side of her family. But I was able to compile a pretty good tree for her and connect her with some cousins she never knew she had. Just one of the other wonderful things I've gotten from the internet!

On the other hand! My family has been in Texas since before our revolution, still own the same farm. Our great great grandfather donated the land for the first school/Masonic Lodge in Wise county. My great uncle had one of those panoramic photos of the entire town standing in front of the building, rolled up in a box. When he died at 96, the relatives cleaned his house out, but gave me a box of old albums and papers they didn't want to mess with-nothing to sell there, so they basically discarded it in my car.

It wasn't but a few weeks before someone thought of that photo and started calling, wanting to know if it was in there-and if it was, they were supposed to have it! Needless to say, I told them I had no idea what they were talking about, and the framed photo is hanging in my hall with other family pictures. There were all sorts of neat photos of the original farmhouse, our great great in his Confederate uniform, WWI photos, since this uncle was the family 'packrat', even an autographed picture of Mary Pickford as a child (also framed and hanging) that he got when he was stationed in California.

They may have got the antiques, but I got the good stuff!

and usually dirt on my hands! I loved to play in the dirt!

You too? I was a mud-pie princess and in later years I was a rock hound. I was always happiest if I was digging in the dirt.

I'm a little late on this one but I finally got around to scanning in a baby picture. This was at 3 months. My mother wanted a girly-girl so she dressed me in frills, lace and mary janes till I was around 4 and had a major rebellion about my wardrobe. I'm pretty sure that was due to my being tired of not being able to put my arms down at my sides coz of all the starched petticoats! The only thing that took was the jewelry. I still have the little ring I was wearing in this picture.

post-329-1231873396_thumb.jpg

Deb

You too? I was a mud-pie princess and in later years I was a rock hound. I was always happiest if I was digging in the dirt.

Deb

I'm still that way...love playing in the dirt, love planting stuff...

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was just in my avatar, but I'll post it here ... me at 6 months old in June 1941

and a new one of me at about 2-1/2 years old by the wishing well in my granduncle's back yard. This one is Lloyd's favorite photo of me. :p I was a blue-eyed towhead. My mom said she wanted her first-born to have blonde hair and blue eyes, despite the fact that she and dad both had dark hair and brown eyes. The right genes clicked for me, although my sis and bro both have dark hair and brown eyes.