Yeah Planning a vacation finally

champagne

My fiance and I really didn't go on a week vacation last year we just did several weekend and long weekend trips. Last night he was watching the travel channel and he just popped up and said, hey lets go to Europe. At first he talked about London, since he has already been there (he has been lots of places when in the air force). But then I mention Amsterdam and he said lets go. We went to Amsterdam, Paris and Germany back in February of 2005 so I am really looking forward to Amsterdam for 7 days and 6 nights. We will take the train from there to Belgium and Brussels for the day. We will be going in February again. It is cold but beautiful and half of what it cost in April-October.

I am so excited.

<_<

Wow! Congratulations! Doug and I haven't taken a vacation in about 6 years now. Don't need to! We are retired! Last vacation I took was to New Mexico, and it was fantastic. As we drove back home across the border near Butte Montana, we did high fives and were ever so glad to get home and we haven't been on a vacation since!

Congralutations. I hear the wacky weed there is tolerated in restaurants or something like that.

Disclaimer: I do not smoke. lol

It was readily available back in February of 2005 in the Coffee shops. I never saw anyone smoking it in any of the restaurants but they did in the coffee shops.

Disclaimer: I quit smoking in July and never smoked wacky weed since I was a teen.

Fred and I want to go to Amsterdam also. As for the proclivities that you can indulge in there....no comment. :)

We have wanted to go there since before the girls..We learned about it in a Cheech and Chong movie..cant remember which one (interesting?)..anyway, it was everything else that they have to offer that interests us now. We wanna walk to red light district just like all the other tourists, we want to walk along the canals, we want to go to the Anne Frank house, and see Van Gogh.

Someday...hmmm

Plenty of things to see in Amsterdam-The Riijkks Museum,Anne Frank House,take a ride on the canals.Take in some restaurants-especially the indonesian(try it,you'll love it) or if they have one go for the pannekoeken house(the pancakes are like crepes and are dinner plate sized).Try and get croquettes as they're to die for.

The Anne Frank house was amazing to see how really small that place was with that many people in there. We also went to the Van Gogh Museum and many other places I cannot remember. Heidi, the Red Light District was something else. The women stood in the windows with little on but acted so disinterested, some were talking on their cell phones while trying to get customer, we found it funny. We did not ride the canals but will this time. I don't like riding bikes so we will just but the passes for the bus systems. We also are going to buy a Eurorail pass so that we can make day trips to Belgium, Brussels and Luxemburg. Not sure if we are going in February or March. I contacted the travel agency today and I am going to let them handle everything this time, much easier than doing it ourselves.