Miniature popcorn machine

fmlbsdrvr

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that would be neat.....It had the big wheels on the back and small wheels on front with the popcorn maker inside, it was so cute..... :) It was the first one I had ever seen on e-bay, but stranger things have popped up on e-bay and I may just come across another one........keeping my fingers crossed.........

If I had to guess, I'd say the wheels are Playmobil... the red walls almost looks like foam sheets. Thanks for the compliment on the Putt Putt, Annie! It almost did have a popcorn machine, it was on the list to do for the snackbar, along with an ice maker and a nacho warmer (looks a bit goofy to have the nacho cheese dispenser, but no nachos in sight!!), but I ran out of counterspace and time!

It almost looks like they've got two or three giant pieces of popcorn in the machine along with a bag printie? Hard to say from the pictures. You could definitely make the metal popper bowl out of silver clay. They make a tube of white "snow" effect that hardens well - you could put a bunch of mishapen dots of that stuff on a sheet of waxpaper and after drying add a few dabs of brown acrylic paint, a thin coat of buttery yellow and voila - popcorn!

This is so cute I can see why your bummed. This would look cute in a theater room too. Too bad it doesn't really make tiny popcorn :yay:

I just came from the HBS site and was able to get my 15% off and free shipping too! :) Sounds cool but all it really means is that I spent way too much! :queen:

Ok, thanks.

213799247_tp.jpg213799285_tp.jpg213799321_tp.jpg213799349_tp.jpg

Yup I can build one of those if you just pay the shipping (I think I have all the materials I need) I will build one and get it out to you. I don't really care for the big popcorn in it I think it would look much better with small popcorn? it might take me a bit to find the wagon wheels I thought I had some here but don't but other then that I have all the material

It did not happen to give dimentions did it (at least height?)

Edited by steelwoolghandi

Silver handle bar could be a knitting needle.
Coathanger wire bent into the handle shape & spray painted silvery. The crumbled styrofoam makes good scale popcorn (I imagine the flavor might be lacking!lol) and you can "wash" it with yellow water color paint for buttery.

That is adorable! After reading your post, I had to of course go look on eBay. There was another one that was a tabletop version that also was cute. It is almost just like the one I have in my RL media room. I just decided this weekend to make a media room in my DH, so this would be cute, like Rebecca mentioned. Now to figure out a way to make it, since I am not paying $40 for it...

The little wheels could be made from snap fasteners, and the larger wheels cockaroached from one of thoes 1:12 bicycles you see every now & then at Kay-Bee's; now that they've filed for bankruptcy and may be headed into Neverneverland that would be a source to check.

Coathanger wire bent into the handle shape & spray painted silvery. The crumbled styrofoam makes good scale popcorn (I imagine the flavor might be lacking!lol) and you can "wash" it with yellow water color paint for buttery.

I have craft Aluminum that I get from the Hobby store that I will bend to use as the handle.

Anyone got ideas for the Wheels? I need to go to the hobby store and see what they have. I saw the Lego thing but would like wood.

Aaron, I made wheel suggestions in the post immediately before your last one.

Saw that, must have been posting when you were :queen:

that's a great idea! I will check that out next time I am in "the Big Town" and see what I can find. In the meantime I can have the box built and have it all ready for the wheels.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Aaron, you may be able to find some at Hobby Lobby. I found some there last year . They are somewhat thicker than the ones in the picture, but they may work. I put them with our grandson's cabin. I can't remember if they were with the wooden or dollhouse items.

Cool, thanks I always like an excuse to go to Hobby Lobby!!!! (my wife thinks we should invest in stock there!) :)