Miniature popcorn machine

fmlbsdrvr

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok still behind schedule but hey I am kinda building in the dark here as I have never built one of these before!!!

Here are the newest pictures, I am close to completing the first Popcorn machine (I will need the bigger wheels for the second one and have not gone out and bought them yet, the Lego wheels are just not big enough)

I am having problems building the front wheel as it no only spins but turns? So I am messing around with a few ideas before I light onto one.

Should have the Popcorn for the machine made this week.

Ok so enough talk on to the pictures:

I hope ya'll like it???? 1st is Top off

gallery_3900_2631_30775.jpg

gallery_3900_2631_135574.jpg

Now top on:

gallery_3900_2631_26534.jpg

gallery_3900_2631_43901.jpg

gallery_3900_2631_144953.jpg

I have a question and might sound dumb to some of you but I don't know what Polystyrene is and what did you use to cut it and where did you get it??

Looks like interesting stuff!!

I am wanting to make a Garden cart one day where did you find those wheels??? What toy was it??

Sorry for all the questions...

Your popcorn machine is awesome!!

I have a question and might sound dumb to some of you but I don't know what Polystyrene is and what did you use to cut it and where did you get it??

Looks like interesting stuff!!

I am wanting to make a Garden cart one day where did you find those wheels??? What toy was it??

Sorry for all the questions...

Your popcorn machine is awesome!!

Not a dumb question at all, Polystyrene is basically plastic I get it at the local Hobby store. It comes in different thicknesses of sheets and is vary easy to work with. It is usually in the train section of the hobby stores. I use a heavy duty scissors or an exacto knife to cut it. Evergreen and Polysturct make hobby polystyrene.

The wheels I got at a little used Toy Store in Austin, I think they are from a little peoples cart but I found them in the assorted box so not sure. Thanks for asking I like lots of questions.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments, as for mass producing my fingers could never handle it! :)

Polystyrene is like what Chrysnbon kits are made from, and the model cement that works with them should also work with this.

Yes the model glue you get works great for Poly. I glue the pieces together then use putty to fill in any cracks. I then sand them down so when the paint goes on you cant tell where the joints are.

Most car model kits are made from Polystyrene.

I figure ya'll are getting real hungry for the popcorn now so here you go Styrofoam popcorn served up hot!

gallery_3900_2631_24777.jpg

I took the Styrofoam and pulled it off the container then I used 3 different paints (water based) and painted it to look more like buttered popcorn. Since I was just shooting from the hip here this is the best I could come up with.

gallery_3900_2631_100421.jpg

now for the cool part (at least in my eyes) I found some popcorn bag pictures on the internet and photoshoped them and then shrunk them down and filled them with popcorn I think they came out nice?

gallery_3900_2631_5431.jpg

gallery_3900_2631_140381.jpg

gallery_3900_2631_21396.jpg

I looked online at other popcorn machines and decided that I am going to put legs on it becuse yes it will roll to much with a single wheel on the front and the big wheels in the back, very unstable. With the legs I think it will be vary stable.