what to name a boy kitten

ilovecats

I really like the Maxxim! My favorite cat name is still our black and white (seen in my avatar)... Zoot, like a zootsuit. Although that morphs to Zootie, Zootmeister, and ZOOT if he's being bad.

I also like Zeus for a cat... maybe I'm just partial to Z names... Our other tomcat is named Fritz - great name, a little tarnished because of Ralph Bakshi's Fritz the Cat cartoon (NOT for children). But that was half the reason we chose the name!

The worst name I've ever heard for a cat was overheard at the Vet: Captain Bubbles. Poor cat.. how embarrassing. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I named my boy cat Peter Cotton Tail, Petie for short. So, of course I am prejudiced towards that name!

In a singsong voice: Here comes petie cotton tail hopping down the kitty trail...

I ALWAYS have to have a song to sing to my animals that includes their names....guess that makes me a bit strange, aw well!

Anyways, I'm off subject, he's a very handsome fellow!

S

i always liked chester and/or oliver for male cats, but i like charlie too. Gizmo is cute too. we have 3 males shadow, java and fatty but unless you love coffee or your kitten is huge, java and fatty dont really work for you :groucho:

If i had your cat i would probably name him mud(dy), dirt, singe, or He Who Walks Through Chocolate Cake Batter (He-who for short) because of his dark feet and tail but thats just because im a really weird person lol

i always liked chester and/or oliver for male cats, but i like charlie too. Gizmo is cute too. we have 3 males shadow, java and fatty but unless you love coffee or your kitten is huge, java and fatty dont really work for you :groucho:

If i had your cat i would probably name him mud(dy), dirt, singe, or He Who Walks Through Chocolate Cake Batter (He-who for short) because of his dark feet and tail but thats just because im a really weird person lol

I have a customer who's legal name is He Who Stands Firm, but he is known as He-Who. That's too funny..lol

but back to the subject on hand the kitty is so adorable.

I still can't decide. i've never had such a hard time choosing a name for a pet. i'm leaning towards Charlie Merlin and then my last name. Merlin would be his middle name. cannot commit. i'll have to think about this more.

I like Merlin! He looks like he is going to be a wiz to me!

We (my son actually) have a weimaraner named Merlin, because the Mexican hand said he looked like a devil or magic, with the blue eyes. Great name. Our female weimar was named a nice, sweet Penny.

On the other hand, we had a yorkie named BA (bad a**) and a dachsund named KD-killer dog. We figured the teensy dogs needed tough names.

The Siamese we had for 17 years was named Michaelangelo-after the turtle. Pick a short name, he got called 'cat' all his life!

I finally decided on Charlie for sure! He seems to like the name. :wave:

he was going mental, acting like he needed to nurse and was horribly needy and crazed. like he was flipping out if i wasn't with him. wild when i was. i decided to go back to the vet and adopt his brother. he is now like a completely different cat. very calm now (well except for the normal kitten antics). his brother is pretty timid. sweet tho. i had a hard time chosing a name for him but just decided on William. i'll call him will for short. I also started calling him wheelbarrow....lol. i think they are good for each other. i really didn't want to adopt another cat, but glad i brought the two brothers back together.

post-570-1232064699_thumb.jpg

post-570-1232064938_thumb.jpg

post-570-1232064945_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh they are soooooooooooo cute. :wave: I've always waited until they decided what their name would be. Sapphi got her name by hangigng around a bottle of Bombay Sapphire which her eyes are the color of. My kitty before got the name Pooper, you can probably figure out how he got that name. :wave:

very cute! My cats are not brothers but they came from the same place and were a week apart in age. So I guess they are brothers. They will go through the house calling for each other and get upset if they don't find each other. I have to take them to the vet at the same time or they freak out. it's really sweet.

Will looks like he has some bengal in him. I think it's the spots.

They look adorable together.

Will looks like a Mac Tabby. Stripes, dots and swirling patterns.

Vertigo kitten is a Mac Tabby. here is the wikipedia site.

good for Charlie! AND William! We made a quick decision to adopt both Lily and Maisie sisters when they were tiny, and I've never regretted it for their own well being. However they do cause twice the mischief!

Well Will doesn't seem to fit the new brother really. i'm thinking Simon may be his name. he seemed interested when i called him that name. i'll read him a list of names and have him tell me which one he likes. he's a beautiful little baby. fat belly. sleek and soft. you can feel how muscular he is already. and heavy for such a small guy. i did look up tabbies yesterday and it looks like he's actually a spotted tabby rather than a mac :) he's a real beauty in person. today he is more affectionate and definately less timid. i got to hold him and he rubbed the side of his face up against mine.

he's got a unique pattern under his chin and throat. hopefully one of these days i'll be able to take a photo of it.