Hi everybody!

MaggieC

post-3975-1231971099_thumb.jpgHi everyone, I'm just finishing my second dollhouse and figured I'm getting serious about this (wonderful!) hobby, so I joined the forum. I'm 43 years old and live in Oregon with my life partner of 10+ years, James, where we have a little house of our own and one quiet cat. I was looking for a new hobby and thought I might enjoy putting puzzles together, so last year that's what I did. At some point I found the Fantasy Villa wooden 3D house puzzle and got hooked on the idea of making a real mini house. I finished that out as a complete 1/4 scale dollhouse and will post photos of it. I made many mistakes with that first one because I'd never done that kind of thing (ever!). I had a really hard time learning the concept of putting it together in a reasonable order that would ensure an area was painted or otherwise finished before it became inaccessible. I realized after going online to find parts and furniture for that first house that this was something I loved doing! So I got the Coventry Cottage and am almost done with it. I've already improved in my painting and tiny carpentry skills and love, love, love doing this! I found you guys by searching for some replacement window sheets when I screwed up the first ones (will share that one in a different thread....). Thank you for letting me be part of this online community and I really look forward to it. Cheers! ~Karen

Oh, welcome to the little family, Karen, we're so glad you're here. I have the Fantasy Villa, I was thinking it was 1:24 scale, so I'll be interested to see your interior pictures. I have also built the Coventry Cottage, it was SO much fun & such an easy build! In fact, the Building Team built & blogged that one, and I don't think any of them went unbashed.

• 2 weeks later...