My coventry cottage

Laura1008

Looks great so far!!! I love seeing pic's of other peoples houses, especially as they progress thru the stages of building and decorating! I have this cottage as well, but it will be awhile before i get to it. Margarita

No colors decided yet maybe I will do a lavender a blue and a cream I will have to see what the paint store has scraps of LOL. I think the attic space will be a nice bedroom with a grungy attic space on the small side of the L and I dont think I will do stairs into the attic there's not alot of room to work with.

This site and the HBS cataloge has been such a source of inspiration. My simple mind never even thought of "blasting" the house now I am excited to start some new projects.

The Cottage is the second build for me and I "bashed" it by lowering the second floor. Well, actually I guess I bashed my first house before I realized that was what I did, I took out a hall in the Lily, and put an arch in a doorway that wasn't even there to begin with.

Way to go Laura!! I can't wait to see more pictures. You are doing great!! Have you seen the blogs of everyone doing this house? I will not get to work on mine anymore until next week when I get back from the Tom Bishop Show. This is the link to go take a look. Holly has not uploaded all of her pictures yet but they are coming so don't think they are not showing up for you ;)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...blog&blogid=15&

Holly takes her pictures with a disposable camera, and when she's running errands somewhere that has one-hour processing she gets them developed with a set of prints & a picture CD, so the pictures get loaded in batches.

On the "up" side, when you read the "how-tos" in the blog, you can imagine what pictures are coming.

I can't wait to see what you did to the curtains Holly. You said you hand sew them? I think you wait to put in the pictures to torture me ;) .

My mind starts going as I read cause I try to visualize it (You know I am a visual person LOL :) ) I can't wait to see them though. I wish I could work on mine right now but I can't for a whole week ;)

Yes, but you're going to be minishopping 'til you drop & lunching with all the wonderful forum family who'll be there & making Rik's wonderful Medieval Lighthouse!

I never could find an interior trim piece for the front bay, so I'm waiting to blog until I get the kitchen windows & treatments done.

I'm not trying to torture you, dear, there are just some pieces of technology that stymie me beyond words! ;)

If I don't understand something in the instructions (Or I lose something) I know it is time to BASH :) . Everytime I do that though, I find the missing piece once I am finish bashing ;)

Does this happen to any of you? It happens to me at least one time on every house ;)

I can't wait to see what you did to the curtains Holly. You said you hand sew them?

Tracy, unless I'm extremely careful I do not have any luck with fabric & glue (I blogged about the kitchen windowshades, I handsewed the side mems and glued the ends to the pull & roller ends). If you take a close look at the dolls I made you, ever stitch of their clothing was sewn by hand....

If I don't understand something in the instructions (Or I lose something) I know it is time to BASH ;) . Everytime I do that though, I find the missing piece once I am finish bashing ;)

Does this happen to any of you? It happens to me at least one time on every house :p

<giggling> I have a bad habit of not reading the instructions at all. I don't think I gave the Lily instructions more than a "that's nice" glance when I opened the box and then tossed them into a drawer. A lot of my incidental bashing is "I'd like to put this here and that there" without a whole lot of thought to it so it kind of happens by accident. :) But when I do that, somewhere during the building or at the end, I'm going to run across a lot of pieces from the kit I didn't use and think, " Oh, <insert magic word>, I sure hope that wasn't something I needed!!!!!". I've had momentary panics when I dug out the schematics sheet to figure out what it was supposed to be. B)

Deb

Well, I found the interior trim for the front bay front windows, they weren't marked on my schematic sheet, but I had an idea of what I was looking for, and there the rascal was. It was a bit like one of the "find twenty hidden pictures" puzzles from my childhood (and I wasn't very good with them, either).

• 13 years later...

Dianne, at the bottom of every page immediately above "Greenleaf Dollhouse Kits" there is a right-hand button that says "Contact Us"; click on that and contact Greenleaf to see about getting the instructions for your Coventry Cottage.