Snow Storm

Hallowell

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very calm and peaceful when I took the picture. I love the end of a snowstorm. :)

That church is amazing. What an incredible house that would make. I had a friend who lived in a converted church for a while. :w00t:

Wouldn't that be the ultimate bashing? Even an old public library with lots of REAL wood!! :)

Mary that church looks so tiny and soooooo cute!! is it close to you??

No, the church is not close to me; if it was I would have bought it on the spot! I save ALOT of pictures of old houses and churches (and cemeteries....I don't know what that says about me!! :) ). I believe this is a church in Europe. It was abandoned for crying out loud!!!!

Love your house Greg. How much do you think you got?

We here got about 4-5 inches but I have to check online. I gauge by that back staircase that I take pictures of. Right now, you cannot see the stairs. Not even an indentation of stairs. Just pure snow. So maybe it is about 5 inches.

Wow, that church is lovely. Maybe it could be modeled in mini from the photo....

Hooray! We may get snow tonight! Don't laugh...a 'dusting' to 1"! This may be enough to close the midlands of SC down and we can stay home tomorrow and watch the inauguration festivities!

Brrrrr......I'm obviously not made of the same stock that the rest of you must be....although it is very pretty all I want to do when I see that picture is go crawl under my blankie and shiver.....hope you are all keeping safe and warm! Don't overdo that shoveling.....

Elicia

brrrrrrrring in South Carolina

We were lucky again that this storm was all powder, very easy to shovel. I think we got about 14 or 15 inches from what I can tell. I wish the lamp outside was gas, so that we could have gas to our houe, but our area doesn't have gas lines. I love to cook on a gas stove, maybe someday. :)

, so that we could have gas to our houe, but our area doesn't have gas lines. I love to cook on a gas stove, maybe someday. :)

I so miss having a gas stove. You can really tell the difference in cooking. All done shoveling. I forgot to take a pic outside and you know what..I aint gonna! LOL

The snow was ez to shovel.

I'm with you, Elicia; Greg's picture sent me to put on another layer!

We have a natural gas pipeline that runs right through our neighborhood, but no way to access it; we have a propane tank that sits on the ground outside the DH's workshop, under the kitchen.

I have to go empty the bookdrop at the branch library this afternoon because of today's holiday closing (and we're closed on Sunday, so the book bins get full after a day). It seems possible we may be closed tomorrow and no telling how the weather situation will have the roads. Guess I'd better shed the bunny slippers and head out there. People do really dumb things like leave bags of return books next to the door if they can't stuff them in the bins! :D

We had a passing snow storm last night right at rush hour. There was over 50 accidents in the county. We had 3 at the same time within a quarter mile of each other. All from people driving too fast. But the good part was there were no injuries.

Greg...I sent your photo to my daughter, who is moving to Maine in June. She said that the snow don't worry her. :please:

Steve in PA