Snow Storm

Hallowell

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yuck. I just heard our updated forcast, it is going to snow all day wednesday with 6+ inches of snow. I better take a muscle relaxant and wax the shovel again. :)

3-5 inches here starting at midnight tonite. No school tomorrow.

Double yuck, I just heard we are now going to get 10 to 16 inches tomorrow. :)

Your getting the storm we had yesterday I took my dauther to her Dr. appoiment on the other side of town about 30 mile away great weather sunshine warm we where coming home and wham snow by the time we got home there was almost a foot on the ground .

We where slowing down for a light change and stopping, all of a sudden I heard a thump look out the window and a car hit another next to us they had been behind us I guss they could not stop and slided sideways and bumed the car next to us.

Someone sure had their hand on our van.

Hey Greg...Wanna go to Bermuda? You know you want to. We can hide out there until Spring. Our families could be beach bums and we could collect teeny tiny miniature sea shells for our dhs.

Huh? Let`s go! Forget bills and obligations. I am so freakin tired of this weather! My ankles are killing me.

We are supposed to get 4-8 inches.! or we may get a bad ice storm.! And it is about 23 degrees here!

One channel says snow the other says Ice.!!

Hubby has to work tomorrow.. 30 minute drive to work ! I worry about him driving to work, we always have so many accidents when it gets yucky out.!

Kellee

Heidi and Greg, when you get to Bermuda, be wary of the mopeds. <_< I had a personal encounter with goat while riding one. The goat came out better than I did thanks to my ingrained American reverence for motherhood. Way better. :huh:

That doesn't mean I wouldn't go back ... lemme know what beach you land on!

By the time winter is over we will be nice and brown. Oh wouldnt that be wonderful?

But NOOO, we have to be regular joes that have to live in New England where the Farmer`s Almanac predictions were correct! (read that smarmy and sarcastic-like)

Did someone say Bermuda? I've got the passport and bags ready, and if someone *cough* Greg* *cough* wants to pick me up, I'll bring the chocolate and the Green Apple Pucker! So not looking forward to this storm, especially if I get stuck at work because my co-workers can't get in...

Everyone please stay warm, dry and safe, and if you do have to travel, PLEASE be that person no one wants to get stuck behind and drive safely! I want to know that all my forum buddies are A-OK! <_<

Come on Jen! Let`s Go!

Alllllll Aboard! The New England Snowbunny Sojourn to a warm and sunny place is leaving the station....

No school for Natalie.

No work for Chelsea.

I am going to make the cake today.

We got half an inch of ice last night.. and supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow on top of that today.! We are under a level 2 Snow emergency, No school today!! Even OHio State University is closed.!! Hubby just left for work... so I have about an hour of worrying to do.!

Kellee

We will sit and worry with you Kelly.

Fred has to work today too so I will be worrying later on. Unless he gets a Not Needed (hoping hoping hoping). There are only 2 babies in the NICU so maybe he will get to stay home.

I worry ALL DAY, as Dan drives a semi. His work did delay everyone's start time due to the weather, but he does have to work. Yuck! I always show him how much I appreciate his hard work by heating a flannel rice bag in the microwave, and putting it on top of his slippers for when he comes home all cold. He puts his frozen tootsies in and it feels wonderful! Also, My daughter has to drive an hour to and from work, so this weekend we are moving her to a new apartment closer to her office. I hate that she will be farther away, as we just started healing our relationship after 3 years apart. Still, I'd rather she be safer driving in bad weather.

Early reports of northeastern weather anticipate wide spread power outages from icing. Here's hoping y'all don't end your happy snow days in the dark and cold. <blowing warm air your way>

So far so good right now. Only snow. Since we live near the ocean, it will transition to rain before the ice can hit us. As for other parts of the state, they might not be so lucky.

I shoveled out a path in the yard from the last storm. There was a 3 inch demarcation. That is all filled in now.