Snow Storm

Hallowell

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been snowing and blowing here all night. We are expecting 12 to 18 inches up here on our hill by the end of the day. All schools and quite a few organizations have been closed for the day. It is suppose to lighten up and get back to "normal" (what ever that is!) by tomorrow. I will feel better when my daughter gets home safely tonight.

It was so nice...we had been bombarded with non stop snow storms, then had a 3 week reprieve. Then we got snow on sunday. Looks like we'll get more today. Here's to hoping it's a small storm with little valley accumulation.

Well, in the past 12 hours we've had snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain, back to freezing rain, and now it's supposed to snow again. Everything is covered in ice. It would have been better getting this all in snow, but the combo is horrible. I got off work early because of the weather, but I hope it stops soon.

These cold temperatures are wreaking havoc on my pipes. Last week the oil line froze up and this week one of our water lines broke and froze. This constant freeze is getting out of hand. What ever happed to the "January Thaw".

90 minute delay for school to start today. I am guessing it go cold again over night and froze the rain. I havent looked outside yet so I do not know.

There was lightening and thunder during the storm too.

Hold onto your knickers New Englanders! A Nor`easter is about to blow our way this week! They do not know the specifics but it is going to start on Tuesday sometime.

Drat! I do not want anymore. Mother Nature needs to knock it off.

I have to go get some more sand and salt today or tomorrow.

Natalie is going to be in school until July making up all these snow days.

I've run out of room to put the snow. I'll have to start packing it up and send it south. :p

NO WAY, NO HOW!!!! You all can keep it. It is going to be 65 today and we are going flying down to the beach and stopping in for lunch at our favorite restaurant.

With all due respect, y'all can keep your snow, y'all were the ones late last summer & all Fall going "I can't wait for Winter! I can't wait for SNOW!", so please don't wish it on those of us who have chosen to live where it can get into the triple digits in the summer, 'cause it is already plenty COLD here, thank you just the same!

It was so warm yesterday..like in the 40s. Supposed to be the same today. I got the majority of the ice out front chopped and shoveled away. It was so thick. Hoping today I get the rest done before the storm. Now they are saying it is going to just graze the state of CT so it will only be snow showers. What about you all up in Maine?

We are having a blizzard right now....can't even see down the hill to the third or fourth row of trees. Looks like this is a "hunker down" day....with loads of hot chocolate and lemon tea in store. Doug is already contemplating spending the day in bed - sleeping! Sigh......

So, technically we aren't having a snow storm as such, just a regular minor freeeeeezing storm, boy am I glad to be indoors... It is below freezing temps and the wind is and has been picking up pace all during the day so yep staying indoors, wearing warm cozy socks and a warm sweater and am not venturing outside anymore today...

Hugs

i woke up to see all this snow on the ground and there is nothing.

BUT...duhduhduhDUUUUH! They have changed the forecast and we are going to get slammed. Get ready Greg, it is coming!

It is going to start at 9am instead and instead of 1-3 inches..it is more like 3-6!

Heidi.I just checked the forcast for us up here and we're gonna get lucky, it looks like it's gonna miss my area. We may get a dusting to 1 inch, but down east near eastport will get 3 to 6 inches. Hopefully your snowfall will be on the low end down your way.