Philly Miniature Show

So I was thinking, I keep meaning to go to this thing, but like most things I back out at the last minute (usually because it's right after Halloween)... but this year it's November 7th and 8th. But I'll still back out at the last minute if I don't make myself do something. SO, what does everyone think about doing a Greenleaf Get-together at the Ember's Lounge at some point on Saturday?

Yes, I looked up the hotel and that is a lounge there. I was thinking if I PLANNED something for this thing, I'd HAVE to go... It's a little more difficult to back out of something then! The Saturday show runs until 5pm so maybe a 5:30 happy hour and or dinner. Maybe even an informal in-person mini swap!

Yes, I looked up the hotel and that is a lounge there. I was thinking if I PLANNED something for this thing, I'd HAVE to go... It's a little more difficult to back out of something then! The Saturday show runs until 5pm so maybe a 5:30 happy hour and or dinner. Maybe even an informal in-person mini swap!

How about a happy late lunch instead? It's a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive home for me, so I usually leave by 4 PM.

Jeri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all! Lynnie here! Just wondering if you are still planning to go to the Philly show which is actually right around the corner. I'll be there all day Friday for a workshop and then the evening preview, all day Saturday and maybe Sunday if I have any money left. :p If you're going to meet at the lounge I'd love to meet up with you!

Lynnie

Yes, definitely, I still think this is a great idea if we can get people interested... if we can get a headcount by maybe end of September, we could even plan a little live swap - we just need to know how many to make of each little item? Anyone interested??

I'm definitely for meeting up in the lounge with whomever will be there - I will only be there for a day (Saturday) so maybe a lunch-y time?

I am planning on going but will be coming down with a local miniature group out of Syracuse on Sunday. We usually get down there about mid morning so do not know if I can meet up with your group if you plan it for any day other than Sunday.

Hi, I just joined the Forum this week; live in NJ (not far from Philly)- can you share details of the Miniature Show in November?

It probably would overwhelm me to see top notch caliber doll houses and accoutrements. So far, I've spiffed up the 1980's doll house I gave my mother; now its mine- & sits on my Cape May Victorian Summer Home porch..

And, I'm dismayed by my current & first building project: a rescued Dura-Craft San Franciscan (which is exterior built, minus windows, broken doors, no stairs)! I've stripped out bad wallpapering, Oops! I stripped out the copper tape wiring along with it... Tore out some vinyl floors. I just ordered a set of 25 windows on eBay by Duracraft but I'm going to need to fill in the void around the 5 bay windows. I don't have the missing parts; I believe someone dumped it out of sheer frustration!!! Well, I can't give up, because I've been buying accoutrements and furnishings non stop, even the 5 doll family! H E L P !

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there! I went last year and dragged my boyfriend and he REFUSES to go this year (something about a football game... whatever!) I'd love to do lunch and a swap!

I recently bought the recent Miniature Collector magazine, and they had a special section about it with ads and a listing of the vendors and now I am super excited!

I hope to be there too, not sure Sat or Sunday, but hope to meet some Forum members. It is lucky the event is in NJ (near me by 10 minutes) so I won't have to foray into Philadelphia! Looking forward to it and hope there will be good things to buy?

• 1 month later...

OK - it's THIS Saturday - if others can meet at Embers for a little lunch and what not, let me know on this thread or PM me... if I hear from people I'll meet you there - I ran out of time to do a swap (Halloween always gets me!) but I'm still up to meet who I can if you're going to be there!